[Q] Help with Softbricked One.

Search This thread

kramlar

Jun 2, 2014
Hey everyone. I've had a look on the forums but can't seem to find information relevant to my situation, so I'm hoping you'll all be able to help.

A few years ago I rooted my HTC Sensation (Xe) (and have since moved on to Sony's, non rooted) and have a friends HTC One that she was given.
When she was given the phone, it had Cm10 (possibly 11) and was not locked to her network. No problem, i thought. I'll just stick a new Sense Rom on it and that'll be fine (as i used to do with my XE).

I did that, went through the trusty Aroma installer where it warned me that Doing so may lose root, but i still proceeded .

Since installing that , the phone now just bootloops, there seems to be no recovery on there to boot from. I've tried dicking about with the ADB settings and Fastboot but can't get the phone to connect to my computer.
I think that once I've got recovery on there i should be able to change the CID and then put an unlocked, stock Rom on there.

If anyone can help, that would be amazing. Sorry if i missed this information posted elsewhere!

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Hey everyone. I've had a look on the forums but can't seem to find information relevant to my situation, so I'm hoping you'll all be able to help.

A few years ago I rooted my HTC Sensation (Xe) (and have since moved on to Sony's, non rooted) and have a friends HTC One that she was given.
When she was given the phone, it had Cm10 (possibly 11) and was not locked to her network. No problem, i thought. I'll just stick a new Sense Rom on it and that'll be fine (as i used to do with my XE).

I did that, went through the trusty Aroma installer where it warned me that Doing so may lose root, but i still proceeded .

Since installing that , the phone now just bootloops, there seems to be no recovery on there to boot from. I've tried dicking about with the ADB settings and Fastboot but can't get the phone to connect to my computer.
I think that once I've got recovery on there i should be able to change the CID and then put an unlocked, stock Rom on there.

If anyone can help, that would be amazing. Sorry if i missed this information posted elsewhere!

Try this to get out of the bootloop. "To perform a hard reset, hold down the power button for 10 seconds - in the process you'll see the softkeys start blinking, then it should reset. As soon as it starts to reset, release power, and hold down the volume-down button - hold it until hboot pops up (white screen, colored text)." Once in the bootloader screen, you should be able to hook up to your computer using the fastboot commands in a command window.

kramlar

Jun 2, 2014
Thanks for replying, unfortunately I can't seem to get the phone and my windows 8 computer to talk.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Thanks for replying, unfortunately I can't seem to get the phone and my windows 8 computer to talk.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

well if your phone hboot is 1.44 you will not be able to connect it using win 8, you'll need either win 7 or linux.

can you post a screenshot of your bootloader screen

also what rom and version # have you flashed and what recovery and version are you using?

kramlar

Jun 2, 2014
well if your phone hboot is 1.44 you will not be able to connect it using win 8, you'll need either win 7 or linux.

can you post a screenshot of your bootloader screen

also what rom and version # have you flashed and what recovery and version are you using?

Can't upload a screenshot as I'm too new, but the hboot is 1.54 0000
CID 11111111
Radio -4a. 13. 3231. 27
Open DSP -v26. 120. 274. 0202
OS-2.25. 401.1
eMMC- Boot 2048mb
Jun 22 2013

Is there anything amiss about my Hboot number?

I've tried that, in all honesty it didn't occur to me that Win 8 (8.1) wouldn't work. It didn't work. My Sony Vaio Pro 13 doesn't have a lot of AMD in it (i dont think) and i couldn't get it to work. I'm pretty close to just going "ahhh F-it" and putting Ubuntu on here to try that.

Thanks for your help so far guys.

alray

May 22, 2012
Can't upload a screenshot as I'm too new, but the hboot is 1.54 0000
CID 11111111
Radio -4a. 13. 3231. 27
Open DSP -v26. 120. 274. 0202
OS-2.25. 401.1
eMMC- Boot 2048mb
Jun 22 2013

Is there anything amiss about my Hboot number?

I've tried that, in all honesty it didn't occur to me that Win 8 (8.1) wouldn't work. It didn't work. My Sony Vaio Pro 13 doesn't have a lot of AMD in it (i dont think) and i couldn't get it to work. I'm pretty close to just going "ahhh F-it" and putting Ubuntu on here to try that.

Thanks for your help so far guys.

what rom and version # have you flashed and what recovery and version are you using?

Btw you can use linux (ubuntu) without installing it (with a live cd). use ubuntu 12.04 32 bit.

kramlar

Jun 2, 2014
The phone did have Clockwork Mod Touch on it and i tried installing KitKat (Android 4.4.2 + HTC Sense 6.0) - Android Revolution 71.1

I love that Linux doesn't need fully installing to run.

So, i have Linux available. I need to use adb and fastboot to put the recovery software back on there(is that correct?), as since i got it all it's been saying (since installing Android Revolution) is 'Entering Recovery' where it flashes with the little clockwork mod icon for half a second and then resets.

alray

May 22, 2012
The phone did have Clockwork Mod Touch on it and i tried installing KitKat (Android 4.4.2 + HTC Sense 6.0) - Android Revolution 71.1

So, i have Linux available. I need to use adb and fastboot to put the recovery software back on there(is that correct?), as since i got it all it's been saying (since installing Android Revolution) is 'Entering Recovery' where it flashes with the little clockwork mod icon for half a second and then resets.

flash arhd using TWRP 2.6.3.3 not clockworkmod recovery

flash twrp recovery:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery name_of_recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

then in twrp menu select ''install'' and chose your rom.zip (arhd)
if the rom was deleted from /sdcard use adb push
i.e:
Code:
adb push name_of_rom.zip /sdcard/

Reactions: kramlar

kramlar

Jun 2, 2014

flash twrp recovery:
Code:
fastboot erase cache

i.e:
Code:

Worked like a charm. Thank you so much for your help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

flash twrp recovery:
    Code:
    fastboot erase cache

i.e:
    Code: