Galaxy Tab - ****Noob Rooting Guide****

Search This thread

chowdarygm

Sep 4, 2009
Chicago, IL
************I have gifted by tab to my bro and bought a xoom so i dont have tab to test my rooting method and don't know if it works with latest gingerbread release*******************

Rooting Guide for Noobs

Disclaimer: The application is made by CLShortFuse and i am just creating a guide to root your Tab

Prerequisites:

1) Kies Software downloaded from HERE and installed and Tab connected even once
2) USB debugging enabled
3) SuperOnceClick downloaded from HERE

and a Galaxy tab :D

Process:
1) Connect your galaxy tab with debugging mode disabled and sync with Kies even once
2) Disconnect it and enable debugging mode from Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging
3) Connect the tab again to PC and click on home button so that Tab comes out of Kies connection
4) Launch SuperOneClick.exe
5) Click on root and wait for 5-10 Mins

and the Tab is rooted........ :cool:

Note:
I have tried unrooting the device and rooting it again and this is not working. so this is to let you know that you will have to reflash the firmware to root the device if you unroot it again using this software and try to root until some one finds a solution

Last edited:

GANJDROID

May 2, 2010
Norwich
Note:
i have read some where in Galaxy tab section that some one doubts that the root goes off when the tab is restarted.... but i have checked it and the root stays...

Fuahahaha. I'd actually lul if that were true :p

'And now you're rooted! Until you turn your phone off, then you have to do it again' ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire

Khisha

Nov 20, 2009
Can someone perform a check whether Tab is able to connect to Samsung KIES application after performing this routine?

Khisha

Nov 20, 2009
Beleive me, that i tried all possible combinations. I even reinstalled the KIES.
It recognizes that Glaxy Tab P1000 is connected and asks to switch into into PC Studio connection mode.

jeebspawnshop

Feb 6, 2008
Haha yea. I just got the Tab today too. It's locked to Vodafone ;)

But that's ok, cuz I'm on Vodafone... but I'd still like to unlock it someday... cuz I'm weird like that :p

chowdarygm

Sep 4, 2009
Chicago, IL
Haha yea. I just got the Tab today too. It's locked to Vodafone ;)

But that's ok, cuz I'm on Vodafone... but I'd still like to unlock it someday... cuz I'm weird like that :p

just now i have seen an app on the market called "Galaxy sim unlocker" and description shows that it can unlock most of the galaxy phones. you may try that but i take no responsibility if it fails

elmemyself

Oct 22, 2010
just now i have seen an app on the market called "Galaxy sim unlocker" and description shows that it can unlock most of the galaxy phones. you may try that but i take no responsibility if it fails

Has anyone tried this yet? I am also from Portugal and I've only seen the Vodafone locked edition, something that kept me away from the tab so far...

Reactions: AbstractMind87

jeebspawnshop

Feb 6, 2008

Yea, I tried this app, and it didn't work. I also tried a manual method (ADB and some hex editing) of changing the unlock code, that I found in the Captivate forums... also did not work.

So far, there's no way to unlock this thing :(

Thanks for the suggestion though ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ************I have gifted by tab to my bro and bought a xoom so i dont have tab to test my rooting method and don't know if it works with latest gingerbread release*******************

Rooting Guide for Noobs

Disclaimer: The application is made by CLShortFuse and i am just creating a guide to root your Tab

Prerequisites:

1) Kies Software downloaded from HERE and installed and Tab connected even once
    2) USB debugging enabled
    3) SuperOnceClick downloaded from HERE

and a Galaxy tab :D

Process:
    1) Connect your galaxy tab with debugging mode disabled and sync with Kies even once
    2) Disconnect it and enable debugging mode from Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging
    3) Connect the tab again to PC and click on home button so that Tab comes out of Kies connection
    4) Launch SuperOneClick.exe
    5) Click on root and wait for 5-10 Mins

and the Tab is rooted........ :cool:

Note:
    I have tried unrooting the device and rooting it again and this is not working. so this is to let you know that you will have to reflash the firmware to root the device if you unroot it again using this software and try to root until some one finds a solution
    It is possible but cwm is tied to the kernel, so you have to find a cwm kernel that match your froyo, which will be difficult.

Follow my signature to overcome method.
    However, jump to the page 7 of the guide.
    Instead of rooting then upgrade, you just upgrade to GB-stock-safe v5, then install overcome kernel 4.0 and you have cwm.
    Then use that to flash overcome ROM if you want GB rooted ROM.
    Or directly flash cm9/10/ AOKP/paranoid/miui or anything.
    All per rooted open source android ICS/JB.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app
    Indeed. Couldn't be easier
    Any unlock tool??

-- Sent from my Palm Prē using Forums Beta
    You mean the stuff that is just released to the market 3 days ago?
    Doubt you can find a mod yet.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app