[htc] unlocking utility

Search This thread
S

simonsimons34

I have been able to create a method of unlocking ANY unlockable hboot, on any device (as far as i can tell)
The method works on S-on, stock recovery devices. As of right now im linking to a specific device, however, if you only use the unlock youll be fine. I need testers from other HTC devices.
My first thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24370319#post24370319

If you like this, find it helpful, or want to support me please donate. Just follow these directions.
1) Be Logged-In to PayPal
2) Go to: https://www.paypal.com/sendmoney?email=simon@simonsimons34.co.cc
2a) If that didnt work and fill out the E-Mail please, use simon@simonsimons34.co.cc and select the way your sending as a GIFT
3) Enter the amount you want to give, Select personal, and Gift
4) Hit Continue and follow any of PayPal's Steps
5) Make sure that if asked, the receiving user DOES NOT Have to be verified.

Last edited:

bobdamnit

Jan 8, 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
I can confirm this works for MetroPCS Widfire S A510c hboot 1.10.0000. It unlocked my bootloader just fine. No steps required from HTCDev.

Many thanks Simon! Keep up the great work.

S

simonsimons34

Not yet. This sets you up for it. Soon an soff will be out the developers of it need kernel help and I'm tryin to help them get it working

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk

bobdamnit

Jan 8, 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
This utility allows you to unlock your bootloader without HTCDev, thus saving your warranty ;)

Simon is working on getting universal S-OFF with some other devs. Will take a few, but he'll get it.

bobdamnit

Jan 8, 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
That I'm not too sure about. I was told it was universal but needed testing. Simon and I have confirmed it working on several CDMA HTC Wildfire S's. (The only HTC phones we have access to, currently.)

I would say wait for Simon to confirm it should work on GSM HTC phones. I only helped with the code, so I don't know much about the mechanics of the utility.

Sorry. :(

geek78

Jan 22, 2006
Around Paris
according the .bat file all the stuff seems to be specific to the wildfire. So I don't undersand why simon is asking us to test it on other devices ? :confused:

bobdamnit

Jan 8, 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
according the .bat file all the stuff seems to be specific to the wildfire. So I don't undersand why simon is asking us to test it on other devices ? :confused:

Because this method should work on ANY HTC phone with ANY hboot. We are asking you to try it so it can be confirmed. (Confirmed on Marvelc only so far.)

If you know batch, you can absolutely modify it to your liking. ;)

Also, if you had read the original post:

Simonsimon34 said:
As of right now im linking to a specific device, however, if you only use the unlock youll be fine. I need testers from other HTC devices.

Last edited:
J

j4n87

S-OFF, no. That onlly works on CDMA Widlfire S. Unlock, yes. That should work on ANY HTC device, no matter what the batch file is calling. (It will still perform as it is supposed to.)

I helped write the batch file dude.

...can you attach the batch file here?

bobdamnit

Jan 8, 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
...can you attach the batch file here?

No I cannot. Since I am not claiming to be the author (only helped him a bit), I will not post their work. If Simon wants to release it, I'm sure he will.

I will however, give you a hint. Download the exe and run it. Leave it open and check your temp files. The batch file is in there somewhere. ;)

Also, guys, give it a shot. At best, it works. At worst, it doesnt, and you still have a locked bootloader.

S

simonsimons34

GUYS I will tell you how it works soon heck ill make its own release if you guys arnt suited with it. I just need to know if option one works. It uses a temp root pulls your misc img and modifys YOUR misc. This then flashes removes temp root and you have an unlocked bootloader. Just make sure your bootloader is up to date. There is nothing specific in the unlock

J

j4n87

GUYS I will tell you how it works soon heck ill make its own release if you guys arnt suited with it. I just need to know if option one works. It uses a temp root pulls your misc img and modifys YOUR misc. This then flashes removes temp root and you have an unlocked bootloader. Just make sure your bootloader is up to date. There is nothing specific in the unlock

...well tried it on my HTC One X. no joy.
At least its says still "Locked" in bootloader.

S

simonsimons34

Can you make sure no errors were thrown when temp rooting ? Or errors at all. Sometimes it tries to push too soon. Also can you try downgradeing to the lowest possible

J

j4n87

Can you make sure no errors were thrown when temp rooting ? Or errors at all. Sometimes it tries to push too soon. Also can you try downgradeing to the lowest possible

..the HTC One is even not officially out in most countrys.
Theres nothing to downgrade.

S

simonsimons34

Oh its because of the way I temp root. They must of patched it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey simonsimons,

I'm really interested in your progress.
    Is there any chance, that your tool will be able to unlock a europe Sensation with stock, locked hboot 1.27.0000 and stock ICS?

I have another Sensation with revolutionary s-off hboot 1.27.1100, running ICS 4.0.3, if that could be any help (partition tables or anything you would need).

If you say no, it never will, ok. If yes, tell me which information you need.

Thanks in advance.
    Actually that will not work then. Emmc rquires dd commands for misc. I need to research the proper dd commands.

Also Emmc requires me KNOWING your EXACT misc partition name. Like mmcblk0p17 is the one x. This means, emmc wont be generic, and i will need to add them to the gui.. Oh as for the gui, i got something going, looking to make it easier for me eventually though.

Ok then thanks for the info. I will have to use Revolutionary then cause I want to S-off my girlfriend's Sensation as mine is S-off via Revolutionary already. I was also going to test the new S-off, called Juopunutbear S-OFF method for the Sensation if your method of unlocking the bootloader worked cause the new method of S-off requires you to use the HTC Dev method of unlocking the bootloader first. But as we all know that voids your warranty so it would be nice if this worked for the HTC Sensation.;)
    Actually that will not work then. Emmc rquires dd commands for misc. I need to research the proper dd commands.

Also Emmc requires me KNOWING your EXACT misc partition name. Like mmcblk0p17 is the one x. This means, emmc wont be generic, and i will need to add them to the gui.. Oh as for the gui, i got something going, looking to make it easier for me eventually though.

Partitions for HTC Sensation are here: https://github.com/vorbeth/android_...mmit/33036c5291f510d45d465449412f0bd3160c63e0
    These are for ICS, they are different on GB
    Tacoroot isn't working on HTC Sensation (with HBOOT 1.27), so this won't work either I'm afraid.
    T-Mobile Amaze 4G

***Locked***
    Hboot: 1.90.0008
    eMMC-boot

Ran the Linux (OS X) version and gottt....

Rebooting as root!
    /data/local/dump_image: No such file or directory
    /data/local/flash_image: No such file or directory
    rm failed for /data/local/misc.img, No such file or directory
    File could not be opened.
    rm failed for /data/local/misc.img, No such file or directory
    Root removed! Will reboot now!
    error: device not found
    Enjoy!