Problems after Pie update on T-Mobile?

Search This thread

a9hater

Dec 4, 2018
I'm using the Nokia 7.1 in the USA with T-Mobile. Things had been working great until the OTA update to version 9 happened a few days ago.

Now, the phone is extremely picky about its cellular connection. I'll have almost full bars in my house, and then nothing as I walk around. At work, I had no service until I walked a half-mile to the T-Mobile store - then I had a good signal.

Experimenting with the basic mobile/wifi settings hasn't helped (enhanced 4G - LTE, Auto wifi connection, etc).

Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

alc2077

Sep 26, 2007
Not that I have experience. I have TMO as well and signal both indoors and outside seem normal. Granted, I got the phone and immediately updated to pie so I don't have a reference before updating to pie. Did you try a network reset to see if that corrects your issue?

Reactions: a9hater

a9hater

Dec 4, 2018
Not that I have experience. I have TMO as well and signal both indoors and outside seem normal. Granted, I got the phone and immediately updated to pie so I don't have a reference before updating to pie. Did you try a network reset to see if that corrects your issue?

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried it and tested today... It doesn't seem to have helped.

a9hater

Dec 4, 2018
APN details....

Here are my APN details (sorry - I can't use http links yet).

My APN settings seem to differ from others that are using T-Mobile on 4G in the USA. But, I had no luck with setting things to match what I see here: support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28990

imgur.com/a/ZsLfajQ

While I was capturing these, the signal went in and out. And, I'm within 30 feet of a 4G signal booster that I received today from T-Mobile.

I'll have to try resetting the phone and ignoring the Pie update if I can't get this fixed. :(

blushrts

Jul 15, 2010
OnePlus 8T

My APN settings seem to differ from others that are using T-Mobile on 4G in the USA. But, I had no luck with setting things to match what I see here: support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28990

imgur.com/a/ZsLfajQ

While I was capturing these, the signal went in and out. And, I'm within 30 feet of a 4G signal booster that I received today from T-Mobile.

I'll have to try resetting the phone and ignoring the Pie update if I can't get this fixed. :(

How old is your sim from TMobile? Maybe a new one might help.

Reactions: a9hater

a9hater

Dec 4, 2018

It's a brand new SIM (picked it up when I got the phone). Also, the problem seems very reproducible (where I lose connectivity) so I don't think the SIM is loose or has a bad connection.

But, the phone refuses to join the TMobile network (and won't even roam). Oddly, I'll often see the 'emergency calls only' message.

Things seemed to be working fine with Oreo, and then got bad with Pie.

If I do a factory reset, I'll just get a clean Pie installation now (as I understand).

Is there a [easy] way to reset and downgrade to how it shipped?

Last edited:
Reactions: adeptustech

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

imgur.com/a/ZsLfajQ

It's a brand new SIM (picked it up when I got the phone). Also, the problem seems very reproducible (where I lose connectivity) so I don't think the SIM is loose or has a bad connection.

But, the phone refuses to join the TMobile network (and won't even roam). Oddly, I'll often see the 'emergency calls only' message.

Things seemed to be working fine with Oreo, and then got bad with Pie.

If I do a factory reset, I'll just get a clean Pie installation now (as I understand).

Is there a [easy] way to reset and downgrade to how it shipped?