[Q&A/T] - [AOSPA 4.4.4 KTU84P] ParanoidAndroid 4.4+ G2

Do you like as many options as humanly possible be stuffed into your ROM of choice?

• YES! The more, the better!

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • NO! KISS...keep it simple stupid!

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Sometimes...I like options but can always go back.

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • I don't care, but it lets everyone be happy.

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

coolcfan

Nov 12, 2010
dante.im
almost all games,i tested need for speed most wanted,in to the death,dead trigger,real racing 3 not working,its al successfully restored and can run the game,but i can't touch the screen at all,only can touch the nav bar to go back or close the game

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

exactly my mannn thank youu...so this is general issue which is unsolved yet?

Yes, for now all the AOSP based 4.4 ROMs should have this issue.

Just wait for a fix, or you can try 4.3 series, if you want both AOSP based ROM and games.

Reactions: afrizal87

afrizal87

Nov 21, 2012
Yes, for now all the AOSP based 4.4 ROMs should have this issue.

Just wait for a fix, or you can try 4.3 series, if you want both AOSP based ROM and games.

finallyy the mystery revealed hehe thank you my friend...anyway is there any PA ROM 4.3 or 4.2 desn't matter,which is can play game and more less issues?

Unleashed1985

Sep 6, 2012
Big fat thanks to all

After a long and great journey with my Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100), I finally got my LG G2 D802 this monday.

I told myself to try the LG stock version, but I couldn't help myself and had to lose that junk for a nice AOSP based rom.
Enter ParanoidAndroid 4.0 beta with stock kernel...

Because the battery life on my i9100 wasn't that well, I was very curious to see what the D802 had to offer.

So I did a clean install, removed some useless apps, installed greenify (greenified most apps) and greenpower (sync every 4 hours).
Then I set my network to only 3G and set my screen brightness at automatic (this means low, because I'm mostly inside).

First of all this rom is super stable. I haven't had any SOD or freeze since flashing it.

How about battery life?
Well to my surprise I reached an off charger time of 34 hours and a screen on time of 9 hours and 36 minutes!!!
Did I mention this was reached with my first full cycle?! WOW!!

I haven't got this device long enough to know if this is normal screen on time, but either way I'm verry happy with it!

Therefore this message in order to thank houstonn and every other developer and members who've helped creating this awesome rom!

lupepkm

Feb 18, 2012
Is there any other way I could get the latest gapps besides goo??

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

svonavja

Aug 13, 2012
Ok so I am using this with Verizon, what does it mean when the signal say R? Roaming, restricted?
It seems to still work ok, just wondering, thanks! oh and GPS is good, it was failing to send messages randomly at first, but I re-installed it again and it works now.

Thanks! Great ROM!:good:

hellot1M

Jul 15, 2010
Could someone please tell me if I can do dirty update from the 01/28 build to 02/05? Or should I do a full clean install?

Cheers

Yes you can dirty flash :) have been dirty flashing since 12/05 and have not had a single issue besides build 01/28

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Is there any other way I could get the latest gapps besides goo??

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

The built in updater is great for getting the latest gapps. Besides that, goo. What's wrong with downloading from goo?

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Is it possible to aplly themes?

I would assume so considering how themes work. They are just apk replacements. Create a backup then test it out and report back. If not then at least you have your backup :)

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Ok so I am using this with Verizon, what does it mean when the signal say R? Roaming, restricted?
It seems to still work ok, just wondering, thanks! oh and GPS is good, it was failing to send messages randomly at first, but I re-installed it again and it works now.

Thanks! Great ROM!:good:

R means roaming. There is an app you can download that tells you which carrier you are roaming off of. I think it was called roam control

Edit: its called not roam control and here is the play store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roamctrl.networkstatus

JahCartel

Feb 22, 2012
Central, VA
Dirty flashed new ROM on d800 when connecting device to PC it doesn't see any of my files on my internal storage

But if I access them through my phone it does...

Umm I still have two backups on twrp and now it cannot find them because when mounted it doesn't see them.. Help

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Yea here's log..

Problem still persists clean install from 1/28... Unfortunately

I believe paths are wrong they show up correct but they don't find any of my songs or photos unless I use ROM tool box or the included file manager.. When connected to PC via USB and yes USB debugging is disabled it doesn't find any folders except the 2 that were created when I took a few photos to test to see if it was working..

Quite confused.. 1/28 was pretty damn good..

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BywL9LWtHbeud0JWZm1kMHFIMVk/edit?usp=docslist_api

Last edited:

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Dirty flashed new ROM on d800 when connecting device to PC it doesn't see any of my files on my internal storage

But if I access them through my phone it does...

Umm I still have two backups on twrp and now it cannot find them because when mounted it doesn't see them.. Help

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Yea here's log..

Problem still persists clean install from 1/28... Unfortunately

I believe paths are wrong they show up correct but they don't find any of my songs or photos unless I use ROM tool box or the included file manager.. When connected to PC via USB and yes USB debugging is disabled it doesn't find any folders except the 2 that were created when I took a few photos to test to see if it was working..

Quite confused.. 1/28 was pretty damn good..

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BywL9LWtHbeud0JWZm1kMHFIMVk/edit?usp=docslist_api

How are you connected? As camera (PTP) or media device (MTP)? Camera won't see hardly anything but pics and vids but connected as media device is working fine for me?...

Reactions: JahCartel

JahCartel

Feb 22, 2012
Central, VA
How are you connected? As camera (PTP) or media device (MTP)? Camera won't see hardly anything but pics and vids but connected as media device is working fine for me?...

I tried both when connected via MTP it only shows these folders..

uploadfromtaptalk1391637044561.jpg

And I have way more folders than that but I think it may be caused by using emojis in my phone name if you look st my device name its space king Koolie space replace the spaces with my emojis you think that may be it ?

The paths are still the same

/emulated/0/
/emulated/0/DCIM

ETC ETC

They just don't show lol but with air droid, ROM tool box light., and the cm file manager

they show so it must be something i have done so I will slowly tip toe back out for now ROM has been smooth thus far besides that Lil hiccup but I believe it caused by the emojis but I could be wrong

tnosz

Jul 17, 2010
Austin
I've had echo in call and cannot adjust volume while in call. Can someone verify if this has been resolved yet on latest 02/05. Much appreciated!
Sorry its for d800 model

Sent from my g2 using xda premium

Jimi518

Feb 6, 2014
Perth
Loving these PA 4 beta builds. I just wondered (relating to this ROM and any others I've installed on my G2), if anyone knows why I cannot charge my phone when it is switched off anymore? It starts to charge then powers up and continues to charge. :eek:

Cheers :eek:

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
I've had echo in call and cannot adjust volume while in call. Can someone verify if this has been resolved yet on latest 02/05. Much appreciated!
Sorry its for d800 model

Sent from my g2 using xda premium

I'm on D800 model and I don't have the echo. However, I updated my build.prop with some setting changes houstonn asked me to make. I tested by calling my wife's phone. I have the ATT G2 and she has the Verizon G2, stock ROM. No echo on either phone. If you are experiencing the echo and want to test yourself, here are the changes:

I used ROM Toolbox to make these edits. You'll find your build.prop at the bottom of the /system folder. Make a backup or copy of your original build.prop so you can go back if this change doesn't help you.

Find these lines and remove them:

ro.qc.sdk.audio.ssr=false
ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=fluence
persist.audio.fluence.mode=endfire
persist.audio.handset.mic=digital
persist.audio.voicecall.mic=0
persist.audio.voice.clarity=none
persist.audio.aanc.enable=false
persist.audio.handset_rx_type=DEFAULT
persist.audio.nsenabled=ON
persist.speaker.prot.enable=false
persist.audio.spkcall_2mic=OFF
ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=12
ro.config.vc_call_vol_default=8

and replace them with:

persist.audio.handset.mic.type=digital
persist.audio.dualmic.config=endfire
persist.audio.fluence.voicecall=true
persist.audio.fluence.voicerec=false
persist.audio.fluence.speaker=false

reboot.

If you try this, please share your experience so houstonn can either read it or I can relay it to him. Thanks.

Reactions: JahCartel

dysfunkshun

Jul 12, 2011
I've heard people say the Simpsons tapped out game wouldn't work for them and I've never had a problem with it til today. Is this a known issue for the ROM or just a bad file I installed? I'm on the 02/05 build for d801 and just installed the 4.7.1 (I think) hacked apk. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

[AOSPA 4.4.4 KTU84P] ParanoidAndroid 4.4+ G2

Click link here>> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2502789 <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP

Please use this thread to assist each other and help provide useful tips and tricks you have implemented to modify and suite PA 4.4+ to your needs. Please, be polite, courteous, and helpful.

Finally, if you have a useful link, PM it to me and I can try to consolidate anything that will help others in the OP here for easy finding.

ParanoidAndroid Website and changelogs

ParanoidAndroid Github

Official TWRP Recoveries: Download here and select your model in the top right dropdown
    D802 is somehow missing from their webpage. Broken link on page or some other error, here it is: Download

KK basebands/modems: thanks to @Cloudyfa for this nicely Consolidated download list.
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=12880

Troubleshooting and Pulling LogCats
    For anyone who isn't really comfortable pulling dmsg or last_kmsg logs from their phones needs to download and use this app: SysLog

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog

One button click and it will pull 4 logs for you and zip them all up in one small package:

dmsg
    last_kmsg
    logcat
    Modem log

You can then get that to the dev to go through and look for errors.

Known issues for each variant:

Reported Issues:

All Variants:
    - All games should be working fine, even touch based games

D800:
    -

D801:

D802:

D803:

LS980 & VS980
    - a few report issues with in-call volume (echo bug fixed)

Links:
    Gravity Box 2.7.5
    Xposed Beta for 4.4
    LG Camera
    For USB/OTG, try root Stickmount @Alex0901 pointed to this app from Chainfire
    Screen Off App - If you're missing the knock off functionality, @bhc112 highlighted this app
    Quick Remote IR Blaster
    - Thanks @sefnap

Signature Banner can be downloaded here:
    https://db.tt/yM8N3UfQ

yM8N3UfQ

Bootanimation Attachments Below: (If you have any to add, send them to me and I'll include them)
    - The one I made, Houston converted to a flashable zip so no need to push to system / media, just flash in recovery: Here's a video so you can see it first: http://youtu.be/DBbYnDLRauI
    I was asked about my settings to get the kind of battery life and screen-on time I got last charge, so, here goes:

1) As most of you know, you never get a good read on battery life on your first charge. This was on my 3rd charge I think

3anajepa.jpg
    6ejebasa.jpg

2) ondemand gov - min 300 max 2265
    - using Trickster Mod I set powersave_bias to 25 in ondemand control settings

3) noop scheduler with read ahead buffer 512

4) on the specific tab I usually set multicore power saving to 1, but left it at 0 this time

5) Screen brightness set to auto

6) using Greenify to hibernate most apps when not being used

7) syncing the following accounts:
    eqyqujy4.jpg

Sent from my AT&T LG G2 D800 using Tapatalk.
    im working on google's 4.4.1_r1 merges .. i'll update after everything is merged successfully.. also @Jank4AU 's bootani I just checked it out myself .. it's nice :) altho the team will have our own official one in time .. but I did make it his a flashable zip to flash in recovery instead of pushing it to phone.
    Wanted to report that I get occasional Google Text-to-Speech Engine has closed FC's. Not sure what effect this has or what the deal is, but it doesn't seem to impact Google Now/Voice search..

Also, Google Play Services is still using ~25% of battery life (keep awake time is decently high). When I check in BetterBatteryStats (BBS), the highest section in partial wakelocks is NlpCollectorWakeLock and NlpWakeLock (Google Play Services). Under Kernel wakelock, I get PowerManagerService.WakeLocks as the highest (around 38%)

I'm running D800 12/16 build with Ayysir's PAEK 3.5 kernel. All the other bugs are pretty minor - just wanted to get the aforementioned issues addressed/known. Thanks!

Go to the latest post in the development thread, I just covered how I fixed this issue.

Edit: just decided to post it here as well: Anyone that is having problems with Google play services taking up a large percent of battery on your device, try this: go into /system/priv-app and find GmsCore.apk, copy it to your SD card. Delete the apk in GmsCore.apk and you should receive some error saying that so and so needs google services (mine said hangouts.) Go to your SD card and click on the apk DO NOT COPY AND PASTE IT BACK! To install as a user app. I don't know why this works, but it does. I also noticed an immediate improvement in performance with the hangouts app. Hope this helps you guys!

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk
    Bootanimation

For you discerning users who may want to see the bootanimation first before you install it: video