[Q] ROM Suggestions

Search This thread

xi Slick ix

May 24, 2010
My girlfriend's Incredible is still running 2.2, rooted, and has mms issues (as in they don't work). I'm looking for a good stable ROM, sense based, and fast. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Slick

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

iowabeakster

Apr 11, 2011
Are you looking to upgrade to 2.3 or stick with 2.2?

If you want to stick with 2.2, my vote is for SkyRaider 4.3 on the Team Bamf site. It is my all-time favorite. I don't use it anymore simply because it is still 2.2.

I've got no advice on sense 2.3, as I use AOSP now.

I gotta have me some notification toggles (which SkyRaider has)....

brjon1

Dec 15, 2011
+1
Skyraider is an excellently built ROM and is extremely stable.
First rom I ever used

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

Last edited:

xi Slick ix

May 24, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions guys, much appreciated. Weekend project time now! I don't know which one I'm going with yet, but I might just flash a 2.2 rom one day and a 2.3 the next and see which one she likes more.

xi Slick ix

May 24, 2010
I know this is kind of a late response but, I'd suggest checking out Gingerbread-Inc-Deck. It is very stable and very smooth. Or, there's Bugless Beast. It is fairly stable but really fast! More of a stock ROM...

Never too late, thanks! I'm really not up to speed on sense based roms as I've been a CM convert since my original droid, so any advice is awesome.

j13smiley

Dec 10, 2010
columbus, oh
smiley.tzo.com
i just installed the stock+ rom... so far so good.

i like the stock phone but wanted to fix things like ext4 to fix the low memory issues which lead me to needing non-stock kernel. stock+ rom / kernel got installed this morning and so far so good!

mdnine

Jan 9, 2012
Did you try the messaging icon under all apps? Sometimes I have to remove the messaging icon on the main screen and drag the all-apps one back to the front screen. Then all is fine again...not sure why???

xi Slick ix

May 24, 2010
Cyanogenmod 7 with the new Incredikernel is my favorite, if she do without the 720p recording give that a try.

That's my personal setup, along with ext4 / unlimited data mod, and I love it. My girlfriend really likes sense though, so we'll see what happens. Flashing for hers got delayed as the ext4 mod called my name.

Top Liked Posts