Performance tweak

Search This thread

cvcduty

Feb 24, 2011
Holly
Hi...

First, I will take no credit nor blame for the success or failure of your beloved DS7 as a direct result of applying the tweaks....
I am simply posting a link of a performance tweak that I found that seems to help with how my tablet is performing.

I applied the tweaks to my WiFi DS7 running ICS B4 and although I have only been using it for the last couple hours, I can certainly tell that it's performing much smoother.

I have not yet explored all the changes the tweaks has made to my system so be warned that the mileage may vary.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1353903

I applied the tweaks (version 6 - the newest one) via CWM.
I downloaded the zip file but since it's saved to my internal card, I had to first copy it over to my external card so CWM could see it. So once that's done, simply boot into recovery mode and flash.

I hope this helps and if it does, please hit the thank you link...

I will be posting our results of this tweak to the OP to give him proper credit.

Good luck.

BTW.. I am running this on my Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 also with favorable results so far...

Edit: So, I used this tweak package for about a day now and it seems to help out with the performance a lot. The only thing is, it froze my DS7 a few times initially. I upped the idle CPU Freq. limit to 312 (under CM9 Performance tab in settings) yesterday afternoon and so far no more freezes. I did this because one of the system freeze event took place in idle. It would freeze where only a hard reset (pin hole next to SD slot) would shut it down. Other than that, I am liking the smoother UI now.

Last edited: