• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
so far all the photos i saw from the One are showing two things:

- in terms of details and quality no one can deny details are lost by going back to 4MP

- in terms of low light and dynamic range, it really works, low light photos have dramatically less noise (if any), much more accurate colors and brightness, this is a breakthrough to be honest, i have seen lots of comparison samples over at HTC Elevate (which i can't share) and to be honest the results speak for themselves

the sharpness however is in your control HTC usually provides 2 minus levels and 2 plus in sharpness options

but again no denying details are lost in 4MP (half the One X)

so i dont think we should fool ourselves, what HTC is selling is actually a camera which has better dynamic range and low light than any other phone (except the pureview one)

some images are misleading, where you see in a comparison for example a competitor phone showing more brigthness but washed out, meanwhile the One shows a less bright image but vastly more dynamic range, you simply go to the gallery hit auto enhance and the image will magically brighten up

in the simplest of words, you are trading pixel detail for better light considering it's a phone and in daily usage you actually need the low light ability a little bit more than detail in day light, previously low light images on all phones were almost useless

Once i get my hands on the device, i will show you how to properly provide a comparison ;) (Check my desire HD camera guide for an idea)

Totally agree. Mobile pics get shared on FB (downsampled), shown on mobile screen (even at 1080p it's downsampling) or printed perhaps at a 6x4" image (again being downsampled). Sure if you want to blow it up to 200% on screen MP will make a difference, but for the stuff that people use mobile photos for... should be enough. Yeah I'd love a better camera again, but I don't want my phone to be any bigger either.

Just remember what happened to the last tegra HTC ;)

M.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
What happened to the last Tegra 3 HTC? We all love it, head over the forums and check how good it is, it actually beats the sgs3 in a long shot

There were some initial problems at launch that made many run away but HTC sorted most of it in three months, both in hw and sw, and here on xda we made its Tegra 3 scream, without heat and much improved battery life, what prejudgments you guys have in your minds are very outdated now, its been a year of awesomeness ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: vcrp94 and HTInOxM8
H

hot_spare

After looking at T4 benchmark scores, not interested in Qualcomm devices anymore. Yea, I know doesn't matter for some. But I would like to get myself a better hardware if I can get. I will wait for A15 Exynos or a T4 device. The Intel chip also sounds promising. Should see some benchmarks in MWC.

MrKaon

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
Re: HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 - Mega Information Thread

After looking at T4 benchmark scores, not interested in Qualcomm devices anymore. Yea, I know doesn't matter for some. But I would like to get myself a better hardware if I can get. I will wait for A15 Exynos or a T4 device. The Intel chip also sounds promising. Should see some benchmarks in MWC.

But you are not gonna see T4i phone till next year, by that time who knows what Qualcomm will do? obviously not sitting :p also we don't know any S800 benchmark yet.

ARM SoCs are getting better and better so fast even software developers can't keep up with it.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

matheus_sc

Mar 27, 2011
Barretos-SP

but no tegra 4 devices right now, if you wait always come devices better and you never buy anything

Foukos

Jan 7, 2010
Re: HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 - Mega Information Thread

I have to say regarding the camera this is not a good move from HTC the ONE x I currently have takes ok shoots in low light but what I desire are better shots in bright day light and from what I have seen so far I am not very impresed though I hope I am proven wrong. What is next HTC moving back to 720p to reduce strain on the gpu... I think those Sony sensors were expensive or they couldn't get their hands on them and they had to come up with something radically different to differentiate themselves

Sent from my Renovated One X

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
But you are not gonna see T4i phone till next year, by that time who knows what Qualcomm will do? obviously not sitting :p also we don't know any S800 benchmark yet.

ARM SoCs are getting better and better so fast even software developers can't keep up with it.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Yes wise words, Tegra 4 scores are exciting for a tablet

Samsung is said to have dropped Exynos 5 from the next sgs4 due to heat reasons. And Nvidia CEO himself said its hard to implement it in smartphones, meanwhile Tegra 4i is not benchmarked yet so we don't know if its as good in terms of 3d, and even if nvidia said it won't show up in devices before the end of year, by then s800 and beyond

So yea this doesn't affect the 2013 android smartphones flagships

Remember Tegra 3 first benchs appeared in MWC 2011 and it didn't appear in a tablet till the end of year, in smartphones one year later

Still we have to say one thing Nvidia just made Qualcomm eat its words

Finally check the comments of our friend Turbo, will help provide some perspective
Tegra 4, excellent Sunspider Scores, which I expected as A15 is good at javascript. When we look at the graphics section of Quadrant, Tegra 4 is not much faster, in fact it is slower in 2D.

The GLBenchmark score we must treat with CAUTION, it is not the same as the original Eygpt HD offscreen. It appears to be using a new texture type. The new test listed is called C24Z16 Offscreen ECT1, the one we know for iPad 4 etc is called C24Z16 Offscreen , we don't how this new texture type affects performance it could make faster or slower, I've emailed the GLB people to find out. Still I would not mind the T4 in a new Nexus 7, as I mainly web browse on it.

Quadrant

Tegra 4
2D - 330
3D - 2400
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...rence-phone-at-mwc-with-benchmarks-and-stats/

Snapdragon 600

2D - 1014
3D - 2279

http://runtechno.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Benchmark-Result-Quadrant-HTC-One.jpg

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38430950&postcount=16149

Reactions: MrKaon
H

hot_spare

If not nvidia, maybe Samsung or Intel. I just don't see s600 as a significant upgrade from S4 Pro. Many speculations/rumours about Samsung Octa. I will wait for any official announcement. But I doubt Samsung would miss out using Octa marketing.

They mentioned it first on CES. Again at ISSCC on Feb 19th. Now they are showing it again on MWC Barcelona.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....437039099705889.99272.356011241142009&type=1

It's just too much of marketing to be wasted away if they are not going to use it for their flagship. Just doesn't make any marketing/financial sense at all. And if they are really facing some power issues and they are changing the SoC now, GS4 won't hit market before Q3.

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh

Yes wise words, Tegra 4 scores are exciting for a tablet

Samsung is said to have dropped Exynos 5 from the next sgs4 due to heat reasons. And Nvidia CEO himself said its hard to implement it in smartphones, meanwhile Tegra 4i is not benchmarked yet so we don't know if its as good in terms of 3d, and even if nvidia said it won't show up in devices before the end of year, by then s800 and beyond

So yea this doesn't affect the 2013 android smartphones flagships

Remember Tegra 3 first benchs appeared in MWC 2011 and it didn't appear in a tablet till the end of year, in smartphones one year later

Still we have to say one thing Nvidia just made Qualcomm eat its words

Finally check the comments of our friend Turbo, will help provide some perspective

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38430950&postcount=16149

Can't say they made Qualcomm eat their words till their SoC makes it into an actual device... If the T4 or T4i don't make it into devices till 2014 then very likely Qualcomm will have another SoC ready as well... Only way to eat words is if they released either of those SoCs in devices near when Qualcomm does...

Interesting to see them reduce that power but I assume that's from the improved process as they are using in HPL kinda like how Qualcomm is using the HPm process...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21

By the way, looking back at the quadrant scores, I'm surprised Tegra is achieving the massive increase purely from CPU, I won't give much importance to 2D since the 2D clock might be DCed but the memory and IO are extremely similar to the One, despite the stated DDR2 on the One :confused:

matheus_sc

Mar 27, 2011
Barretos-SP
If not nvidia, maybe Samsung or Intel. I just don't see s600 as a significant upgrade from S4 Pro. Many speculations/rumours about Samsung Octa. I will wait for any official announcement. But I doubt Samsung would miss out using Octa marketing.

They mentioned it first on CES. Again at ISSCC on Feb 19th. Now they are showing it again on MWC Barcelona.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....437039099705889.99272.356011241142009&type=1

It's just too much of marketing to be wasted away if they are not going to use it for their flagship. Just doesn't make any marketing/financial sense at all. And if they are really facing some power issues and they are changing the SoC now, GS4 won't hit market before Q3.

the great problem of samsung is touchwiz i have gs3 and use this rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1797109&page=863

its way more faster than touchwiz, but all things of s3 is lost

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
What happened to the last Tegra 3 HTC? We all love it, head over the forums and check how good it is, it actually beats the sgs3 in a long shot

There were some initial problems at launch that made many run away but HTC sorted most of it in three months, both in hw and sw, and here on xda we made its Tegra 3 scream, without heat and much improved battery life, what prejudgments you guys have in your minds are very outdated now, its been a year of awesomeness ;)

Didn't live up to the hype, 5th core has annoying aspects (like it kills battery monitoring completely), basically impossible to crack for S-OFF etc. Think I'll still be more than happy with the One ;)

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts