[Q] Will I Be Able to Root Galaxy S5?

Search This thread

BruceElliott

Aug 31, 2010
San Antonio
I have been with T-Mobile forever on an original Galaxy S (Vibrant), unlocked, rooted, custom ROM, etc. (Since about 2008 I believe.)

Now about to the pull the trigger on Galaxy S5. However, I cannot imagine living without the following apps, all of which require root:

(1) Titanium Backup, to freeze/delete bloatware and back up multiple app versions.

(2) SystemPanel, to monitor resource usage by application over time.

(3) ROM Manager, to do daily image backup of phone.

(4) OS Monitor, to monitor processes, memory resources, and connections in real time by PID.

(5) Root Explorer to see all directories up to the root.

Will I be able to root the T-Mobile version of the Galaxy S5 (Model SM-G900TZKATMB) and install the above-listed apps? Or has the technology progressed to be root-proof? And, if it is some expert's studied opinion that I will be able to root the S5, any idea how long it will take the whiz-kid developers to make it happen after the release this coming Friday? Also, I have forgotten now since I did this so long ago, but is there some relationship between the phone being unlocked and being able to root it? If I buy the phone from T-Mobile and they refuse to unlock it, does that have any effect on my abilty to root it?

Thank you to any and all who can help bring this old guy up to speed.

Bruce

nikunj.baheti@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2013
mumbai
I have been with T-Mobile forever on an original Galaxy S (Vibrant), unlocked, rooted, custom ROM, etc. (Since about 2008 I believe.)

Now about to the pull the trigger on Galaxy S5. However, I cannot imagine living without the following apps, all of which require root:

(1) Titanium Backup, to freeze/delete bloatware and back up multiple app versions.

(4) OS Monitor, to monitor processes, memory resources, and connections in real time by PID.

Will I be able to root the T-Mobile version of the Galaxy S5 (Model SM-G900TZKATMB) and install the above-listed apps? Or has the technology progressed to be root-proof? And, if it is some expert's studied opinion that I will be able to root the S5, any idea how long it will take the whiz-kid developers to make it happen after the release this coming Friday? Also, I have forgotten now since I did this so long ago, but is there some relationship between the phone being unlocked and being able to root it? If I buy the phone from T-Mobile and they refuse to unlock it, does that have any effect on my abilty to root it?

Bruce

bro chainfire has rooted it even before he has the device so dint worry about the root but you will void you warranty and trip KNOX while rooting the device

Reactions: BruceElliott

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Bruce

bro chainfire has rooted it even before he has the device so dint worry about the root but you will void you warranty and trip KNOX while rooting the device