Verizon Visual Voicemail Missing After Root and S-OFF

Search This thread

Ironkidz

May 7, 2014
Corona
Hello All,
I am having some trouble after I have no rooted and S-Off my M8. Everything else is perfect and I love my phone more than ever, but now when I go to the messages and scroll right, my VVM is gone and I also lost the app for it as well. Strange enough, it still shows in my Titanium backup list but the "service" is missing. I did uninstall some bloatware and languages but definitely not the service. Anyone know how to get it back or where I could find the APK? I would appreciate the help!

xRogerxC

Oct 2, 2010
The Seven Seas
Hello All,
I am having some trouble after I have no rooted and S-Off my M8. Everything else is perfect and I love my phone more than ever, but now when I go to the messages and scroll right, my VVM is gone and I also lost the app for it as well. Strange enough, it still shows in my Titanium backup list but the "service" is missing. I did uninstall some bloatware and languages but definitely not the service. Anyone know how to get it back or where I could find the APK? I would appreciate the help!

Are you running a custom ROM?

Ironkidz

May 7, 2014
Corona
Ok, which messaging app are you using, stock or the verizon messaging app? Also, did you uninstall any Verizon apps, and if so, which ones?

I am using the stock messaging app. I Uninstaller the vzw messaging app, NFL network, Polaris, Verizon tones, Verizon mobile security, Navigator, cloud, accessories, isis, support and protection, infozone. Also installed all keyboard language packs except for Spanish and English.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

ReyStunner

Apr 7, 2013
Probably has something to do with the Verizon apps you uninstalled. Happened to me too but with the regular voice mail app. When I try to open a it, it force closes. Even when I try to access it via messages on the right.

Only way to go to voice mail now is by dialing my number :(

xRogerxC

Oct 2, 2010
The Seven Seas
Probably has something to do with the Verizon apps you uninstalled. Happened to me too but with the regular voice mail app. When I try to open a it, it force closes. Even when I try to access it via messages on the right.

Only way to go to voice mail now is by dialing my number :(

I think you may be right. I'm a little stumped now, other than OP flashing a stock ROM again. To the OP, you might want to try a stock/debloated ROM, which you can find here. I would recommend SKYFALL or Bonestock, both great ROM's, and Verizon Visual Voicemail should work just fine. Hope that helps you!

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
I am using the stock messaging app. I Uninstaller the vzw messaging app, NFL network, Polaris, Verizon tones, Verizon mobile security, Navigator, cloud, accessories, isis, support and protection, infozone. Also installed all keyboard language packs except for Spanish and English.

Usually is tied to messaging. I would be surprised if that was it. If you haven't heard it before...switch to Google voice for voicemail!

Ironkidz

May 7, 2014
Corona
Usually is tied to messaging. I would be surprised if that was it. If you haven't heard it before...switch to Google voice for voicemail!

Yeah, I tried Google voice but it was a nightmare trying to set it up on a VZW device. I swear, if it wasnt for their reception I would leave them so fast. :mad:

Ironkidz

May 7, 2014
Corona
I have it on my vzw devices. Wife, kid, parents included. What issue did you have?

It says " Unfortunately your network carrier is currently not supported for automatic voicemail configuration." When I try to set it up. I tried to follow the manual steps but no joy. Mind sharing how you set it up on your m8?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
It says " Unfortunately your network carrier is currently not supported for automatic voicemail configuration." When I try to set it up. I tried to follow the manual steps but no joy. Mind sharing how you set it up on your m8?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

OK... so the first time setup I usually do from a PC while logged into google voice. There's a first time setup page there that tells you to complete a step you would likely miss otherwise. From memory... you have to enter *71 [Your GV #] and hit send on your phone. This sets up the voice mail forwarding for no answer/busy. You then open and install the google voice app and open it. ?It will ask you to login and then you hit next. I chose the option to NOT use google voice to make any calls. Click next on the setup voicemail page (you will get the unfortunately error. Hit configure. Select google voice. Hit OK on the carrier configuration prompt.

If you land at the voicemail settings screen (which is under phone settings->call) you want to see the voice mail service set to Google voice and when you click on the Voicemail Settings for google voice there you should see your google voice number there. After that, go back to the google voice app and it will sync your new mail box. Make a test voicemail call from a different phone and see what happens.

Hardest thing is getting the forwarding number setup on each phone which only needs to happen one time.... regardless of swapping phones. After that you will only ever need to run through the app setup