HDMI-cable and joypad for LG G2

Search This thread

alexsoin

Jan 7, 2014
San Mateo, CA
I wonder if someone thought to connect their G2 to TV or monitor using microUSB-HDMI adaptor? I couldn't find anything designed specially for G2 (only G2x). I tried with my old SGS3 microUSB-HDMI adaptor and it didn't work. I know some of you guys can send a link for compatible/tested model.

Another concern about PS3 bluetooth joypad as a control for some games on G2. Any chance this combination cam work? I saw only posts about SGS3 and SGN2 combined with these joysticks.

"Don't waste your time or time will waste you!" MUSE

rquinn19

Feb 10, 2007
Phila
I wonder if someone thought to connect their G2 to TV or monitor using microUSB-HDMI adaptor? I couldn't find anything designed specially for G2 (only G2x). I tried with my old SGS3 microUSB-HDMI adaptor and it didn't work. I know some of you guys can send a link for compatible/tested model.

Another concern about PS3 bluetooth joypad as a control for some games on G2. Any chance this combination cam work? I saw only posts about SGS3 and SGN2 combined with these joysticks.

I'd think the normal MHL adapter would work. Samsung changed their MHL adapters so that might be the source of your issues

Jan 2, 2014

maydayind

Dec 10, 2011
Lg G2 uses slimport

And yes u can use a ps3 controller om your phone if u are rooted and bye the app sixaxis controller.

Reactions: alexsoin

Vipitus

OP, you need to use Slimport compatible cable or Miracast receiver (it's more expensive, but wireless). If your TV have DLNA/Miracast feature built-in, you don't need anything more to hook phone up to TV wirelessly ;)

Personally I have ordered this: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MYDP...-7-2013-E960-Supports-Full-HD/1389515555.html

I've ordered also iPega PG-9025: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/IPEGA-PG-9025-Multimedia-Bluetooth-Controller-Black/1611803835.html

If you will have some questions, I'll answer after end of the month, because package will be delivered in this time :)

maydayind

Dec 10, 2011
OP, you need to use Slimport compatible cable or Miracast receiver (it's more expensive, but wireless). If your TV have DLNA/Miracast feature built-in, you don't need anything more to hook phone up to TV wirelessly ;)

Personally I have ordered this: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MYDP...-7-2013-E960-Supports-Full-HD/1389515555.html

I've ordered also iPega PG-9025: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/IPEGA-PG-9025-Multimedia-Bluetooth-Controller-Black/1611803835.html

If you will have some questions, I'll answer after end of the month, because package will be delivered in this time :)

AliExpress is good but shipping time is ridiculous. Had to whate 39days for a USB cable. Quality is often realy pore but u get what u pay for so win win.

alexsoin

Jan 7, 2014
San Mateo, CA
I have very simple 37 inch JVC so it doesn't have fancy things like MHL and Miracast. SGS3 worked perfect 1080p with2$ adaptor microUSB to HDMI + USB (for charging). I'll try slimport, thanks for suggestion.

And special thanks for the good news about PS3 controller.

masteril

Nov 30, 2012
can someone post here adapter that works from ebay?thanks

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

maydayind

Dec 10, 2011
I have very simple 37 inch JVC so it doesn't have fancy things like MHL and Miracast. SGS3 worked perfect 1080p with2$ adaptor microUSB to HDMI + USB (for charging). I'll try slimport, thanks for suggestion.

And special thanks for the good news about PS3 controller.

MHL is the USB connection on your phone. Basically it's usb to Hdmi

But there are two standards MHL and slimport

Think apple Use a third one.

drkow19

Apr 16, 2009
White Lake, Michigan
Something like this should work:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Slimport-My...695?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e77502af
I bought one that looks exactly like this, I don't have the exact link but this is the same thing. You have to plug in the USB to a wall charger or PC USB port, and you need to be on a stock rom because slimport doesn't work with any of the CM or AOSP based roms I tried.

Using this cable, the G2 actually outputs a pretty good video feed at 1080P. The colors look a bit washed out on my PC monitor but the speed is good and games can run at around 40+ FPS (as opposed to 60 FPS when not using slimport and just running on the phone). I also use the Moga Pro controller, it's Bluetooth and has very little input lag, I don't have a PS3 controller.

I just wish CM would fix slimport, it is a huge feature for me.

scorpio1991

Jul 6, 2011
Kaunas
I just bought recently G2, came from S3, very good phone :) Im happy with it and its quiet interesting to connect it to TV and gamepad... I think I will try buy one of those EBAY slimports to test it, but Im thinking about cheap chinese ps3 controller, anyone tried it on this phone for gaming? And is it worth to play games like this? Because alot of games uses alot of touches :D

Patrick0nE

Sep 4, 2014
Hmm, I have a question, what about to connect Xbox controller via USB to phone ? The external power is demanding ?

Wysłane z mojego LG-D802 przy użyciu Tapatalka

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
So, basically :

* MHL cable => to connect USB port of LG G2 to HDMI of the TV ( only for CM & AOSP based rom )

* SLIMPORT cable => to connect USB port of LG G2 to HDMI of the TV ( only for STOCK based rom )

It's correct ?

cabrc01

Feb 22, 2015
G2

I tried using a star tech slimport adapter to be able to view my g2 on my TV but it doesn't work. The TV is a LG from 2005. Is the TV too old?

costipl

Dec 2, 2009
Warszawa
So, basically :

* MHL cable => to connect USB port of LG G2 to HDMI of the TV ( only for CM & AOSP based rom )

* SLIMPORT cable => to connect USB port of LG G2 to HDMI of the TV ( only for STOCK based rom )

It's correct ?

Nope. G2 uses Slimport, not MHL. It's a hardware difference (basically, DisplayPort vs HDMI), even if the adapter looks similar.

LG G2

Reactions: tiguy99

Top Liked Posts