Mate 10 with Astra K - Black HU Screen

Search This thread

drwharris

Jul 12, 2016
Ive just bought a brand new Mate 10 which came with EMUI 8.0.0 (Android Oreo 8.0). Everything is great except that when I plug the phone into my car Android Auto starts on the phone (Black AA Screen) and the HU starts to switch to AA but all I get is a black screen. Whats even more interesting is that AA seems to be alive behind it all as if I touch the screen, things happen, eg if I press the hardware phone button and then touch the screen, it will call someone. If I hold the hardware phone button down I can issue voice commands.

Any idea's how I can get my HU screen to work?

Last edited:

Tiemichael

May 10, 2013
I am using a Xiaomi A1 running Android8.0 and also have an Opel Astra K - with no AA-problems!
Try to check your cable, or replace your cable to the original one ...

drwharris

Jul 12, 2016
Poxy lame response from. Huawei:

"Thank you very much for contacting Huawei and we are truly sorry for the inconvenience caused.

With regards to your inquiry, we would like to inform you that Huawei is currently working with Google to fix this problem. Please look out for new updates for your phone system and Android Auto, and install the updates when possible. It is recommended that you wait for new updates in which the problem is fixed."

So 12 months after the issue was reported with Android 6 devices, it's still happening with Android 8. So #$@&ing lame.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

WDawn

May 5, 2006
Zwevegem
It's really incredible that this issue has not been fixed yet. I have issues too with my Huawei Mate 10 Pro and Android Auto. It's supposed to be a "flagship" device and it doesn't work with Android Auto. Wtf?

Reactions: drwharris

Qefx

May 28, 2013
I was thinking about to get a Huawei mate 10 pro.

Googled android Auto and USB-C.

No thanks :( Looks I like I will look for an old USB phone. :(

crislleen

Dec 18, 2014
I dont think is the phone problem in your case it might be the AA car board compatibility! I have Mate 10 pro and honda civic 2018 and AA works with no issue.! I am a happy Huawei AA user: v well connectivity BT phone, media and charging in the same time of usingAA.

Last edited:

crislleen

Dec 18, 2014
that might be the car bord version of software and phone system... as i explained I do have honda civic 2018 with os 4.2.2 and my mate 10 pro emui 8.0.0

crislleen

Dec 18, 2014
i dont have an answer but to say i was really sceptical when i purchase my car not long ago reading all was post by huawei AA compatibility..... it has nothing to do with Huawei OS system.... i am the one using both

drwharris

Jul 12, 2016
i dont have an answer but to say i was really sceptical when i purchase my car not long ago reading all was post by huawei AA compatibility..... it has nothing to do with Huawei OS system.... i am the one using both
So maybe it's just that EMUI has a fix to work with the hardware you have. So far, Ive seen way to many people say their Huawei DOESNT work. Way that don't than do.

drwharris

Jul 12, 2016
hardware always is controled by a firmware which is the os of the car board
Ahh yep...well aware of that. But as I said, everyone else seems to be able to deal with what is there. If all you want to be is a fanboi and tout that you one setup works, that's great. This thread is here to warn people of the ONGOING issue Huawei have with their 2nd rate bloatware OS.

I've got also a Opel Astra K and have several issues with the Mate 10 Pro, connected with the OEM cable..

Despite a factory reset (I originally cloned data from my Honor 7 with Phone Clone app), i have sometimes soft resets when I connect the phone to my car, with a message "No compatible application.. ".

Some other times, I've got a black screen, the only way to play music is to select USB as source on IntelliLink (Opel infotainment).

Phone doesen't work correctly : no notification on car display when receiving or making a call

Waze not working at all.

Never had this issues with my Honor 7. Outside this I'm satisfied with my phone, but I would like to have Android Auto running well....

Last edited:

Qefx

May 28, 2013
I've got also a Opel Astra K and have several issues with the Mate 10 Pro, connected with the OEM cable..

Some other times, I've got a black screen, the only way to play music is to select USB as source on IntelliLink (Opel infotainment).

Phone doesen't work correctly : no notification on car display when receiving or making a call

Waze not working at all.

I have also the Opel astra k. Despite waze not working and the phone not showing up while calling. I have no issue.

But I have a new phone and the big screen of intellilink (r900 I think?)

Never drove long though. Today I will drive for 2 or three hours. Let's that there is no crash!

The bugs are annoying. But I don't care.

I have also the Opel astra k. Despite waze not working and the phone not showing up while calling. I have no issue.

But I have a new phone and the big screen of intellilink (r900 I think?)

Never drove long though. Today I will drive for 2 or three hours. Let's that there is no crash!

The bugs are annoying. But I don't care.

I have the "basic" Intellilink (7 inch display). Maintenance of my Astra is programmed for next Thursday, I'll ask my dealer if there is any update of Opel software

slashamb

Feb 19, 2018
Same exact problem with Opel Astra K and Huawei Mate 10 Pro, but problem got worse when I went to update the software to the Opel service.
Had R 4.0 IntelliLink version 1.12.5.2 for 1,5 year and after updating it about 2 weeks ago, it's version is IP34.5.1 (1.34.5.6). Also HW version is E2.

Before the update I had the random black screen on android auto, about 1 out of 4 times but it was working without issues 3 out of 4 times. After the update..... I ALWAYS get black screen :( So, the problem got worst for some reason.

So, I completely factory reset both the phone and R 4.0 IntelliLink... unfortunately same issue with black screen. I also tried both original cable and an SBS type C cable that used to work before the update... nothing again..

I also have a Lenovo Phab that works without any issue on Android Auto! Also iPhone with CarPlay works very nice and always as well!

Tried everything I found on the web regarding dev mode etc but nothing helped. The screen remains black, understands the touch and in order for the screen to show R 4.0 IntelliLink default icons, I remove the key, open the door, lock the car and after 2 minutes I unlock the car, put the key on the ignition and everything is back to normal.

Really don't know why exactly the problem got worse, although I read around the web that in order for Android Auto to work on R 4.0 IntelliLink EVERY TIME, you simply have to update the software on the OPEL service.

drwharris

Jul 12, 2016
Same exact problem with Opel Astra K and Huawei Mate 10 Pro, but problem got worse when I went to update the software to the Opel service.
Had R 4.0 IntelliLink version 1.12.5.2 for 1,5 year and after updating it about 2 weeks ago, it's version is IP34.5.1 (1.34.5.6). Also HW version is E2.

Before the update I had the random black screen on android auto, about 1 out of 4 times but it was working without issues 3 out of 4 times. After the update..... I ALWAYS get black screen :( So, the problem got worst for some reason.

So, I completely factory reset both the phone and R 4.0 IntelliLink... unfortunately same issue with black screen. I also tried both original cable and an SBS type C cable that used to work before the update... nothing again..

I also have a Lenovo Phab that works without any issue on Android Auto! Also iPhone with CarPlay works very nice and always as well!

Tried everything I found on the web regarding dev mode etc but nothing helped. The screen remains black, understands the touch and in order for the screen to show R 4.0 IntelliLink default icons, I remove the key, open the door, lock the car and after 2 minutes I unlock the car, put the key on the ignition and everything is back to normal.

Really don't know why exactly the problem got worse, although I read around the web that in order for Android Auto to work on R 4.0 IntelliLink EVERY TIME, you simply have to update the software on the OPEL service.
Personally I think it's the other way around. I think EMUI can't work with newer HU software.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's really incredible that this issue has not been fixed yet. I have issues too with my Huawei Mate 10 Pro and Android Auto. It's supposed to be a "flagship" device and it doesn't work with Android Auto. Wtf?
    Was there a software update from your dealer?

Hello :)

Yes, my dealer has confirmed the availability of an update, but Opel recommended not to install it as it could create more problems with some phones.

There's an update (131) rolling on the Mate 10 Pro hope it will fix some issues