[Official][Source Code][UPDATED] IUNI Announcement

Search This thread

IUNI_Source

Aug 6, 2017
gitlab.com
vb.jpg

Hello Dear Community,

Today is an exceptional day that will surely be even more.

I represent the company IUNI which has since ceased to exist.

I want to convey that we had unfairly kept the open source code instead of sharing it.
If we had shared it from the start we would surely not be there right now.
The IUNI U3 would surely have been the biggest One Plus rival at this time if the sources had been released.
We might not be dead at the present time...
However, before completely disappearing, we must repair injustices.

We release the source code of devices that we still have in possessions:
https://gitlab.com/iuni

And we call on the former developer to share the sources of the society in their possessions to the community.

Download it, distribute it, study it, modify it and let the company keep on living through sharing!

Finally, we have a game, a challenge to launch to the community!
If using these sources you (the community) manage to bring the IUNI U3 to the latest version of android stock we will share a last surprise that will be grand before we completely disappear.

For it is in uniqueness that we forge our own personality.
That each of us is unique.

With love,
IUNI

UPDATE - AS PROMISED:

To our delight we had the honor to see motivated contributions for the IUNI U2 and U3.

In view of evolution, it is now our turn to keep our promise.
We promised a last surprise for the community.
We put, in this surprise, all our heart in its conception, it was our identity, our strength and we bequeath you.

Please, check the spoiler to now our gift for you, the community:

IUNI OS is our last farewell gift for you.
It's not all, U3 and N1 repos are completed and compilable., also a documentation has been added.

We hope that this newcomer to the open source scene will delight you and will offer an additional alternative among custom roms.

It is with the greatest affection that we say goodbye to you.
Each of you is unique

With love,
IUNI Team

PS: Oh... One last thing... :rolleyes:
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

Last edited:

IUNI_Source

Aug 6, 2017
gitlab.com
Reserved

FAQ:

What about the sources for the IUNI U2 and i1?

We're very sorry, we only have the source code of the IUNI U3 and N1 in our possession.
The rest of the source code is kept by Gionee who refuses to share it.
That's why we call on the former developer to share the sources of IUNI in their possessions to the community.
We hope that this call will allow us to retrieve the source codes of the remaining phones from former employees.
Each recovered source code will be automatically transferred to the GitLab.

Last edited:

IUNI_Source

Aug 6, 2017
gitlab.com

Hello, dear representative of IUNI!
Please, can you post the sources for IUNI U2?
We really need them.

We're very sorry, we only have the source code of the IUNI U3 and N1 in our possession.
That's why we call on the former developer to share the sources of IUNI in their possessions to the community.
We hope that this call will allow us to retrieve the source codes of the remaining phones from former employees.

Reactions: 64ashg

Pantamorph

Dec 22, 2009
Good luck with that! Me and my friend, we've tried reaching out to Gionee/Allview/Walton/IUNI. The only ones who replied were Allview, who kindly said no. You will probably have more luck if you contact these developers on Baidu/Weibo, Chinese Gionee forums, have you already tried that?

IUNI_Source

Aug 6, 2017
gitlab.com
Good luck with that! Me and my friend, we've tried reaching out to Gionee/Allview/Walton/IUNI. The only ones who replied were Allview, who kindly said no. You will probably have more luck if you contact these developers on Baidu/Weibo, Chinese Gionee forums, have you already tried that?

Our former employees have been contacted by bulk email.
However, each of them signed a contract prohibiting them from broadcasting the source code. So those who have retained a copy will not dare to admit it to us because the contract prohibits them to keep files. A forum is a good place to share because it allows them to not be recognized.

In the past, we received a lot of email about source code request. As had been recurring our communication services had sent an answer on Weibo and on our official website.
Here our past answer: http://www.weibo.com/3840873722/CBGEQqrIt

sooorajjj

Feb 22, 2013
Cochin
Request for development devices .

Our former employees have been contacted by bulk email.
However, each of them signed a contract prohibiting them from broadcasting the source code. So those who have retained a copy will not dare to admit it to us because the contract prohibits them to keep files. A forum is a good place to share because it allows them to not be recognized.

In the past, we received a lot of email about source code request. As had been recurring our communication services had sent an answer on Weibo and on our official website.
Here our past answer: http://www.weibo.com/3840873722/CBGEQqrIt

Hello IUNI team,

I would like to contribute to this device (U3 and N1) - try and get android 7.1.2 running on this device . Checked Online for U3 and N1 could not find one available in India nor Aliexpress is delivering this product to India. If you could send me u3 and n1 device for development . i could try and start my development on this device .

Thanks
Sooraj

IUNI_Source

Aug 6, 2017
gitlab.com
Hello IUNI team,

I would like to contribute to this device (U3 and N1) - try and get android 7.1.2 running on this device . Checked Online for U3 and N1 could not find one available in India nor Aliexpress is delivering this product to India. If you could send me u3 and n1 device for development . i could try and start my development on this device .

Thanks
Sooraj

Hello Sooraj,

We are delighted of your motivation.
Unfortunately we have no stock in our possessions.
We're going to get in touch with sellers and we'll keep you informed when we find something.

Qidamin

Aug 17, 2015
Fantastic news, I gave this great device to my father, his first real smartphone, and he is enjoying it. I have loved this phone and I would have kept it if my wife wouldn't have bought me another one. Thanks for the effort, hope we will have nice roms!

蝴蝶剑

Aug 24, 2014
shandong
txiner.op
I am a former chinese u2 user.Can you tell us what the surprise is?

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

It's a pity that I dont know who are the former employees of IUNI.I will be happy if we can find them

JesusFD

Jan 5, 2016
Hi there IUNI team,

Is there any way community can contact with Gionee re-presenter and ask him to provide source code?
Or at least to answer on the question: if there is any possibility that source code will be provided in near future?

Thanks.

IUNI_Source

Aug 6, 2017
gitlab.com

If I say, it will no longer be a surprise.
Nevertheless this surprise will not only be for former users of IUNI but for the entire Android community. ;)

Hi there IUNI team,

Is there any way community can contact with Gionee re-presenter and ask him to provide source code?
Or at least to answer on the question: if there is any possibility that source code will be provided in near future?

Thanks.

Hi JesusFD,

Unless to be a powerful press, they will certainly not accept to communicate about it. You can always try by joining them on their LinkedIn in open letter.

Gionee will never want to release the source code because they are on a debit strategy. They aim to sell as many smartphones as possible and design as many models as possible. The release of the source code affects them in the long term. Because by releasing the source code the lifetime of the smartphone is lengthened and Gionee loses control of its programmed obsolescence, so the number of purchase decreases. By not releasing the source code Gionee can force its users to buy the top model by stopping to update the old one. They refuses to release the source code because, according to them, they risk losing money.

Even if the release of the source code is the best strategy, they will not accept it unless they are subjected to strong pressure that could jeopardize their business.

Has.007

Sep 13, 2015
Curepipe
This is indeed a great step. Just letting you know that your team (behind release) has done a great job and this might be a game-changer and even get developers to buy the devices who can't afford the expensive ones.
Cheers. :good:

IUNI_Source

Aug 6, 2017
gitlab.com
Hi @IUNI_Source,
i already building rom for iuni u2 without source.
Also you didn't share u2 kernel source.
LineageOS 14.1 working fully except camera on IUNI U2.
This is my source : https://github.com/feroxx
And this is my last build for u2: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545590613
Any gift for me?

Incredible, you just prove that you are a genius!
It is a pity that I no longer have the source code of IUNI U2 in my possession. It could have solved your camera problem.
In this case I would have a bonus, a gift to offer to the community in your name in addition to the surprise. ;)

This is indeed a great step. Just letting you know that your team (behind release) has done a great job and this might be a game-changer and even get developers to buy the devices who can't afford the expensive ones.

Indeed this could allow developers to work on a fully released machine without the slightest restriction for a small price.

Hello
If it can help

N1

U3 still on sale in nepal

here u3

It helps a lot, thanks.

@IUNI_Source
Do you have a way to release fresh Qualcomm/Mediatek vendor source? MSM8996 for example. It would be the greatest achievment, as many OEMs just fill the original source with bugs, providing only prebuilt libs :/ Or maybe this is the surprise? ;)

I would not say anything about the surprise. And it will have nothing to do with chipset source code. However you can start to thank @feroxxx... ;)

j1505243

Jan 2, 2016
Masovia
Google Nexus 5
LG G2 Mini
I would not say anything about the surprise. And it will have nothing to do with chipset source code. However you can start to thank @feroxxx... ;)

But do you have some contact I/you could reach for a chance to get this source? Your source for U3 would greatly help 2013-2014 devices in their days, but now the community would benefit greatly only from the fresh source :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    vb.jpg

Hello Dear Community,

Today is an exceptional day that will surely be even more.

I represent the company IUNI which has since ceased to exist.

I want to convey that we had unfairly kept the open source code instead of sharing it.
    If we had shared it from the start we would surely not be there right now.
    The IUNI U3 would surely have been the biggest One Plus rival at this time if the sources had been released.
    We might not be dead at the present time...
    However, before completely disappearing, we must repair injustices.

We release the source code of devices that we still have in possessions:
    https://gitlab.com/iuni

And we call on the former developer to share the sources of the society in their possessions to the community.

Download it, distribute it, study it, modify it and let the company keep on living through sharing!

Finally, we have a game, a challenge to launch to the community!
    If using these sources you (the community) manage to bring the IUNI U3 to the latest version of android stock we will share a last surprise that will be grand before we completely disappear.

For it is in uniqueness that we forge our own personality.
    That each of us is unique.

With love,
    IUNI

UPDATE - AS PROMISED:

To our delight we had the honor to see motivated contributions for the IUNI U2 and U3.

In view of evolution, it is now our turn to keep our promise.
    We promised a last surprise for the community.
    We put, in this surprise, all our heart in its conception, it was our identity, our strength and we bequeath you.

Please, check the spoiler to now our gift for you, the community:

IUNI OS is our last farewell gift for you.
    It's not all, U3 and N1 repos are completed and compilable., also a documentation has been added.

We hope that this newcomer to the open source scene will delight you and will offer an additional alternative among custom roms.

It is with the greatest affection that we say goodbye to you.
    Each of you is unique

With love,
    IUNI Team

PS: Oh... One last thing... :rolleyes:
    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

If I say, it will no longer be a surprise.
    Nevertheless this surprise will not only be for former users of IUNI but for the entire Android community. ;)

Hi there IUNI team,

Thanks.

Hi JesusFD,

Unless to be a powerful press, they will certainly not accept to communicate about it. You can always try by joining them on their LinkedIn in open letter.

Gionee will never want to release the source code because they are on a debit strategy. They aim to sell as many smartphones as possible and design as many models as possible. The release of the source code affects them in the long term. Because by releasing the source code the lifetime of the smartphone is lengthened and Gionee loses control of its programmed obsolescence, so the number of purchase decreases. By not releasing the source code Gionee can force its users to buy the top model by stopping to update the old one. They refuses to release the source code because, according to them, they risk losing money.

Even if the release of the source code is the best strategy, they will not accept it unless they are subjected to strong pressure that could jeopardize their business.
    Reserved

FAQ:

Hi @IUNI_Source,
    i already building rom for iuni u2 without source.
    Also you didn't share u2 kernel source.
    LineageOS 14.1 working fully except camera on IUNI U2.
    This is my source : https://github.com/feroxx
    And this is my last build for u2: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545590613
    Any gift for me?

Incredible, you just prove that you are a genius!
    It is a pity that I no longer have the source code of IUNI U2 in my possession. It could have solved your camera problem.
    In this case I would have a bonus, a gift to offer to the community in your name in addition to the surprise. ;)

Indeed this could allow developers to work on a fully released machine without the slightest restriction for a small price.

Hello
    If it can help

N1

U3 still on sale in nepal

here u3

It helps a lot, thanks.

@IUNI_Source
    Do you have a way to release fresh Qualcomm/Mediatek vendor source? MSM8996 for example. It would be the greatest achievment, as many OEMs just fill the original source with bugs, providing only prebuilt libs :/ Or maybe this is the surprise? ;)