Search This thread

di11igaf

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 6, 2010
East Coast
gingerbeast.jpg

get this splash screen here
created by tribalartgod

Download Full Rom-----(will wipe /data) 2.1.2- http://www.multiupload.com/AD4ZJYRSF6
2.1.2 md5- 24df51ec796f06199bc972d0f5716257

Update if your already on 2.0+(no wipe- not a full rom- only flash if your on gingerbeast already)
http://www.multiupload.com/TBZC534RMB
2.1.2 update md5- 8f9fe1b45df32899ec20a2f19f6ec695

2.1.2 changelog
-add phone number added to settings in /call settings/additional call settings, also added blacklist back plus a bunch more options
-camera.apk and libs from 1.0

2.1.1 changelog(MUST BE ON 2.1- no wipe update, not a full rom)--attached to bottom of this post(flash in recovery just like the rom)
-fixed any tinny audio issues, crystal clear now
-gps config set to north america- locks instantly
2.1.1 md5- 44faf8923647689afabe35512c71c18b

THIS WILL WIPE DATA
Install setcpu to overclock. Default clock is 1017mhz
Gingerbread 2.3.4 compiled from AOSP source.
recommended radio is latest OTA- you can get it here, just put it on your internal sd card, and reboot into bootloader. this was taked from id10terror's zip, and this rom has everything from that fix(thanks id10)- youll just need that radio(not required, just recommended)

this is a hybrid build of sorts as it still uses some cm7 drivers, build scripts and the proprietary htc vendor files from cyanogens git. All the apps and rest of the build was cloned from the latest updates of the AOSP source from android.git.kernel.org repo. i left some of cm7's framework tweaks in, and added a few small things of my own.
Everything was edited BEFORE compiling so nothing in this rom has been decompiled or hacked, so it will make a great base for themes and all that.
The way it sits right now, it is the smoothest rom ive ever used. (youll see)
rom-
-compiled from aosp source with some cm tweaks and some of my own
-completely stock theme-untouched/
-CRT screen off animation
-overscroll glow
-custom boot animation (put bootanimation.zip in /system/media)
-reboot, reboot recovery, reboot bootloader
-4 quicksettings in the status bar(wifi, bluetooth, gps, vibrate)
-accurate % battery- (wasnt gonna include this, but i know it would get asked for, plus i wanted it so i wrote the stat_sys xmls.)
-rotary unlock screen
-inspire 4g branding
-working flash player(DO NOT UPDATE FLASH)
-inspire 4g audio files and kernel should be supporting the dual mic
-cm DSP manager, rom manager, file manager & torch.apk- compiled from source and included
-ad blocking
-+ a lot more but ive been up for 2 days.

kernel-
base-CM7 kali- any cm7 kernel should work with the rom
Overclock up to 1.97ghz
-slight undervolt-can be made more aggressive for better battery with a script
-kernel updated throughout
-bfq i/o default
-on-demand(default- dont even really need anything else, battery is very good) conservative, performance- smartass will come for those who want it
-tiny rcu patched in and working from here
-'speedmod'- updated jhash.h lookup2 to lookout3 as seen here
-a whole lot more improvemnts, but agian, i need sleep.
Git is in my sig.
-

snap20110524_192926.png
snap20110524_202215.png
snap20110524_192943.png
snap20110524_192957.png

credits- anyone/everyone involved with CM
kali for kernel patches
tribalartgod-graphics

Attachments

• GBupdate2.1.1.zip
    576 KB · Views: 1,047
Last edited:

Tx Redneck

Dec 24, 2010
Load gingerbread keyboard from market. You'll be glad you did.

Dilli, I ran quadrant @1.6 and got 29+. This is a VERY nice rom. Thank you sir. ;)

XAviierG

Mar 11, 2011
It's already installed just change the input method.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App

mrro82

Feb 17, 2011
New York
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Awesome work di11!! I love the vanillaness (is that a word? lol) of this. Bare bones. I love it. Got a GPS lock in about 4 seconds at 8 satellites in case anyone was wondering. In call volume is nice and loud and so is the speaker. No issues found whatsoever. Thanks again man. Great job.:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    gingerbeast.jpg

get this splash screen here
    created by tribalartgod

Download Full Rom-----(will wipe /data) 2.1.2- http://www.multiupload.com/AD4ZJYRSF6
    2.1.2 md5- 24df51ec796f06199bc972d0f5716257

Update if your already on 2.0+(no wipe- not a full rom- only flash if your on gingerbeast already)
    http://www.multiupload.com/TBZC534RMB
    2.1.2 update md5- 8f9fe1b45df32899ec20a2f19f6ec695

2.1.2 changelog
    -add phone number added to settings in /call settings/additional call settings, also added blacklist back plus a bunch more options
    -camera.apk and libs from 1.0

2.1.1 changelog(MUST BE ON 2.1- no wipe update, not a full rom)--attached to bottom of this post(flash in recovery just like the rom)
    -fixed any tinny audio issues, crystal clear now
    -gps config set to north america- locks instantly
    2.1.1 md5- 44faf8923647689afabe35512c71c18b

THIS WILL WIPE DATA
    Install setcpu to overclock. Default clock is 1017mhz
    Gingerbread 2.3.4 compiled from AOSP source.
    recommended radio is latest OTA- you can get it here, just put it on your internal sd card, and reboot into bootloader. this was taked from id10terror's zip, and this rom has everything from that fix(thanks id10)- youll just need that radio(not required, just recommended)

this is a hybrid build of sorts as it still uses some cm7 drivers, build scripts and the proprietary htc vendor files from cyanogens git. All the apps and rest of the build was cloned from the latest updates of the AOSP source from android.git.kernel.org repo. i left some of cm7's framework tweaks in, and added a few small things of my own.
    Everything was edited BEFORE compiling so nothing in this rom has been decompiled or hacked, so it will make a great base for themes and all that.
    The way it sits right now, it is the smoothest rom ive ever used. (youll see)
    rom-
    -compiled from aosp source with some cm tweaks and some of my own
    -completely stock theme-untouched/
    -CRT screen off animation
    -overscroll glow
    -custom boot animation (put bootanimation.zip in /system/media)
    -reboot, reboot recovery, reboot bootloader
    -4 quicksettings in the status bar(wifi, bluetooth, gps, vibrate)
    -accurate % battery- (wasnt gonna include this, but i know it would get asked for, plus i wanted it so i wrote the stat_sys xmls.)
    -rotary unlock screen
    -inspire 4g branding
    -working flash player(DO NOT UPDATE FLASH)
    -inspire 4g audio files and kernel should be supporting the dual mic
    -cm DSP manager, rom manager, file manager & torch.apk- compiled from source and included
    -ad blocking
    -+ a lot more but ive been up for 2 days.

kernel-
    base-CM7 kali- any cm7 kernel should work with the rom
    Overclock up to 1.97ghz
    -slight undervolt-can be made more aggressive for better battery with a script
    -kernel updated throughout
    -bfq i/o default
    -on-demand(default- dont even really need anything else, battery is very good) conservative, performance- smartass will come for those who want it
    -tiny rcu patched in and working from here
    -'speedmod'- updated jhash.h lookup2 to lookout3 as seen here
    -a whole lot more improvemnts, but agian, i need sleep.
    Git is in my sig.
    -

snap20110524_192926.png
    snap20110524_202215.png
    snap20110524_192943.png
    snap20110524_192957.png

credits- anyone/everyone involved with CM
    kali for kernel patches
    tribalartgod-graphics
    Haven't been doing much with phones at all(that I released anyway, made a few evo 3d kernels and started messing with aosp but never released. Just picked up the gs2 epic as well.)
    Lately just been messing with Linux distros and my own kernels, just picked up an alien ware m14 with an i7 2820 quad. So once I get debian all set up and running I'll be at it, and I'm thinking about coming back to att. Not happy with sprint's 3g, wimax is good, just too many places without it.
    Ps-you guys are f'ing amazing for still supporting this and keeping it alive.
    Lol and its awesome that we had your rom to last us months until he started :p

PS when are you gonna make a bomb Tfp rom??

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Its coming, kernel first. I've been slowly working on a kernel for a while, other than the tweaked boot.img I released. Over clock was my main concern, motley beat me to it with release, just killed some of my motivation to get something out fast(which is kinda fine with me, time is the main reason I slowed down after gingerbeast). Plans are full aosp ics for prime, similar to gingerbeast, then another aosp build with cornerstone patched in since some seem to want it. There's enough Asus builds for now, I don't feel the need for another stockish rom with a different theme.

You should totally team up with existz and make the dopest ROM Android has ever seen. Phones would explode from awesome overload, babies would wrangle unicorns, and frogs would rule the world.
    Me and existz have been helping each other for - going on years now.
    Fun fact #487- existz helped me with my very first android kernel ever, one of the greatest guys/devs on this forum.
    How the f@#k was that jumping his ****- what should I have said? I'm guessing you haven't followed this thread from the beginning, or seen the repetitive requests about sense, missing features, non-bug bugs, someone saying there flashing something else cause they don't like this theme(its AOSP). Respect goes both ways? I'd say I've been nothing but respectful considerning 90% of this thread is literally people asking for sense related stuff, saying it would be better if it had this or that, complaining about missing features when this is just stock google-so that's what features you get, or talking about bugs that are NOT bugs. I answer the questions over and over and over and over and over and over. I answer every question I can and help fix bugs that are not even bugs that are caused by things that have nothing to do with this rom. I've got probably 100+ hours into this rom and try to address every problem people have and try to incorporate what everyone wants as a group.
    Again respect goes both ways- 2500+ downloads and 30 thanks - how long does it take to hit that button? I understand if someone can't donate, and I don't care about that(if I did I would have quit a long time ago- Ive made about 60 bucks or so for the few months Ive been in the inspire forum across 3 roms)- again its the point- at least give the dev a simple thanks. (After looking through the op none from you not surprisingly)
    So ya ill take your advice- time off. For now this is discontinued. Its not worth the time/ hassle anymore
    (Using a teacher's voice): If you are going to enjoy that here in the class, you have to share with everybody!

- Jim

Read the last page or two of TalonACE thread :p