[Q] Custom ROMs with Credo Mobile?

Search This thread

wakko310

Apr 30, 2012
I looked and could not find a good answer to this. I am the proud new owner of a Galaxy Epic 4G Touch through Credo Mobile (the progressive Sprint reseller). I would like to install a custom ROM (CM9), but before I do, I need to know:

1) Will I have a problem activating my phone on Credo (I assume that most ROMs assume you're with Sprint proper)?

2) Once I have managed to activate it, will there be features -- calling, SMS, MMS, etc. -- that won't work?

3) Will I have a problem activating Google Voice (haven't tried on stock yet, but I have a sense of how it should go)?

4) Is there anything else I should know about the Credo / Custom ROM combination that I don't have the good sense to ask here (as a longtime CM user, I've got the basic principles of ROM-flashing down)?

Thanks all, ahead of time, for your answers!

Reactions: kchannel9

kenfly

Dec 22, 2009
Flashing roms do not affect the modem(which is where your service programming is stored), unless you flash a new modem of course.

I an on boost and i never have problems with any ROM, roms only affect the system partition. The modem is completely different.

If you flash a new modem, you may need to do a profile update to keep your 3g profile up to date.

I haven't heard of that so idk if a profile update will work (only with Sprint service and plans can you do an ota profile update). I am not on Sprint so i have to manually update my data profile through qpst service programming.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Last edited:

kchannel9

Dec 24, 2011
California
I looked and could not find a good answer to this. I am the proud new owner of a Galaxy Epic 4G Touch through Credo Mobile (the progressive Sprint reseller). I would like to install a custom ROM (CM9), but before I do, I need to know:

1) Will I have a problem activating my phone on Credo (I assume that most ROMs assume you're with Sprint proper)?

2) Once I have managed to activate it, will there be features -- calling, SMS, MMS, etc. -- that won't work?

3) Will I have a problem activating Google Voice (haven't tried on stock yet, but I have a sense of how it should go)?

4) Is there anything else I should know about the Credo / Custom ROM combination that I don't have the good sense to ask here (as a longtime CM user, I've got the basic principles of ROM-flashing down)?

1. I had no problems rooting and running Blazer & Paranoid Android ROMs as if it was a Sprint phone.

2. I have a weird issue where when I get voicemails they send me an SMS, or txt (I didn't know there was a difference...), and a number to dial to choose between the 2. Then after a few minutes I sometimes get the voicemail in the Voicemail app as well. As far as MMS, I don't use them, I use email for sending pictures and videos, but if you needed that, there are instructions for changing your MMSC URL. It didn't work for me, but I don't use them anyways so I didn't bother struggling with it. Also I learned that for CM based ROMs, the ##3282## is #*#*3282*#*# or *#*#3282#*#* one or the other I don't remember.

mosez.315 said:
kchannel9 said:
Saw your post on the closed PA thread:

"Hey all! I'm upset to see Kbizz go NOW that I try it! I love it all, it runs very nice. Two qualms though. It didn't install with a camera, is that in the gapps I can't remember; and we use jb gapps, correct? also, how do we use dialer codes? I've got to edit a mscurl so I can accept and send pictures. I have a third party (Credo) phone carrier through Sprint."

I have Credo too, what extra things do we have to do to get full functionality?

There's the problem - you're on an MVNO.

1) Go to phone and enter ##DATA# (##3282#)
2) Go to Edit and enter MSL
3) Go to Others and then MMSC URL
4) Change from mms.sprintpcs.com to mms.plspictures.com

This should restore MMS.

3. I'm about to set up Google Voice, but I can't figure out if the Sprint/GV combo works with CREDO, it seems to not recognize the number as a Sprint number, so that may be a problem.

Treat your phone just like a Sprint phone. I've had mine for over a year now and rooted since day one. Mijjz Goodness Roms have been my favorites.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Hope that's somewhat helpful :)

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
In case anyone is interested, I dropped Credo like a hot rock and am happily now on Ting saving like $150 a month, no joke. :good:

I'm on Ting too, love it. I get LTE at home with my S3. And I have a low bill cuz I'm always on Wi-Fi.

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

Reactions: kchannel9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here's another thread dealing with the MMS issue: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1824916
    In case anyone is interested, I dropped Credo like a hot rock and am happily now on Ting saving like $150 a month, no joke. :good:

I'm on Ting too, love it. I get LTE at home with my S3. And I have a low bill cuz I'm always on Wi-Fi.

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png