(Rooted) Can only move a few game apps to sd, apps that wont dont show in int.memory

Search This thread

riel88

Feb 5, 2014
Hi !
This is my first entry into smartp/phone tablet world.
So far im enjoying it very much, what i diddnt know is that having an external sd card and moving data to it would be such a hassle in certain ways.
I rooted the gpad, tried gl to sd and folder mount but both cant seem to move most of my games (mayby only 18 from my 50ish games)
When i dig in the system memory, most of the games cant be found in the data or obb folders.

They are installed of course, can be played show up in settings/apps and with other programs like titanium backup.
Why dont they show up ?
why are they not in the same folder as the other games ?
How can i get to move those games as well ?

I have been looking on the internet so hard to find awnsers, im actually a bit bummed out by all of this and its taking a way from the fun factor of having this otherwise great device.
If theres no way around this im leaning for a ipad air/pro or whatever is out in a year with 128 gb with a wireless hd with 1 tb.
But there must be something im missing right ?!

Please help me, i would be truly gratefull.

Greetings

cbb77

I would double check foldermount. I personally use this and there has not been a single game that I could not move to my external SD card. You need to ensure you are looking at the correct folders for the game. One item that I also use is Link2SD, however not in the manner you would expect. Link2SD primarly moves the app and not the data files. Additionally it requires separate partition. For me I found it a little of a pain to have to create a separate partition as well as most of the apps/games were small, thus really wanted the data files moved. Thus no longer use Link2SD to worry about the apps. However, I do still use it just to identify the path of the files associated with the specific game or app. Those are then the files I target to move with Foldermount. Again, to-date I have not found an app or game that I could not move to my external card. I have over 30 games running directly off the external SD card. I would take a deeper look at Foldermount. Post up screenshots or paths of games that you may be having a problem with.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Will this help in any way ?
''basically Android is not accessing the proper "name" of the external card and you just need to add one line to fix permissions.''
http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s4-gpe-android-4-3-sd-card-fix-254960/

Do you have the LG V500 or the LG Google Play Edition of the GPad?

Nov 29, 2013
You say most of your games dont have a data and obbb folder...which means their data in only loated in the form of apk and library inside the /data/data folder...
Hence...if u make a partition on ur external sd card...you might be able to link the apps and save up on space.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

riel88

Feb 5, 2014
I would double check foldermount. I personally use this and there has not been a single game that I could not move to my external SD card. You need to ensure you are looking at the correct folders for the game. One item that I also use is Link2SD, however not in the manner you would expect. Link2SD primarly moves the app and not the data files. Additionally it requires separate partition. For me I found it a little of a pain to have to create a separate partition as well as most of the apps/games were small, thus really wanted the data files moved. Thus no longer use Link2SD to worry about the apps. However, I do still use it just to identify the path of the files associated with the specific game or app. Those are then the files I target to move with Foldermount. Again, to-date I have not found an app or game that I could not move to my external card. I have over 30 games running directly off the external SD card. I would take a deeper look at Foldermount. Post up screenshots or paths of games that you may be having a problem with.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Do you have the LG V500 or the LG Google Play Edition of the GPad?

------------------------
First of all thank you so much for taking interest and replying !
I have the normal gpad v500.
Well this is the thing, i did a factory reset this morning thinking i want to start with a clean slate to see if it would help regarding moving the apps.
So i did the factory reset, redownloaded all my payed and free game apps. i think all in all its around 50 of the best games i could find.
They all can be played, they all show up in the settings/app menu (all is well) AND the folder mount apps analyzer (i mention this because you know this program) BUT ! most of the games have no size value = zero bytes behind it.
when i click on them in the app analyzer in foldermount the menu says '' ''game name'' ''data 0b'' ''obb 0b'' ''folder is empty already bound or does not exist.

Also, when i go into my android system memory (android/ sd card0 or emulated) i cannot find most of my games,
i on purpose redownloaded all the games i 1 go to see it they all go to the same map, but apparently they dont !
its like they are being put in a different folder ? i wish the settings/app program could show me where the data is installed because the games are all fully functional.

It just boggles my mind.

Game list :
movable : magic rampage, shark evolution, dungeon hunter 4, dead trigger, deadzoneunocorn 2, cytus, eyelord waking mars, god of blades, unit9 decro, combo crew, can knockdown,flashout.
non movable and not showing in my folders but so in app analyzer of folder mount but with 0bytes :
bit dungeon,clear vision3,kickoutpolitician,ghostsniper,tribloos,nuttyfluffies,littlegalaxy,berzerk ball,quadropus,towwelflight,asterix,kingts free,stickman downhill, 10000000, plants vs zombies2, banana kong, dungeon raid, overlive, badland,freezecollosatron,jetpackjoyride,fist of awesome,simply rockets,nimble quest,bloodbrothers, motor world car factory,earn to die, punch quest, rayman jubngle run, the sandbox, angry birs,star command, tiny deathstar ..... man the list goes on and on !

Last edited:

riel88

Feb 5, 2014
You say most of your games dont have a data and obbb folder...which means their data in only loated in the form of apk and library inside the /data/data folder...
Hence...if u make a partition on ur external sd card...you might be able to link the apps and save up on space.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
----------------------------

Thank you for posting and helping me on my way !

I downloaded links 2 sd on reccomendation of the other very helpfull forum friend, this is very helpfull because now i can see the location of the files!
They show like you said they are located in the data/data folder as apk files.

Okay so what now. make partitions - shall i do this with links 2 sd ? and how do i go from there ?
and if the games need updates can they still do it from the partitioned sd card ?
will they still need to be mounted ? can i do this with folder mount ?

i will stop asking questions regarding things far away, what should be my next step ?

Thank you all so much !
Sorry bout my strange english its not my first language

cbb77

------------------------
First of all thank you so much for taking interest and replying !
I have the normal gpad v500.
Well this is the thing, i did a factory reset this morning thinking i want to start with a clean slate to see if it would help regarding moving the apps.
So i did the factory reset, redownloaded all my payed and free game apps. i think all in all its around 50 of the best games i could find.
They all can be played, they all show up in the settings/app menu (all is well) AND the folder mount apps analyzer (i mention this because you know this program) BUT ! most of the games have no size value = zero bytes behind it.
when i click on them in the app analyzer in foldermount the menu says '' ''game name'' ''data 0b'' ''obb 0b'' ''folder is empty already bound or does not exist.

Also, when i go into my android system memory (android/ sd card0 or emulated) i cannot find most of my games,
i on purpose redownloaded all the games i 1 go to see it they all go to the same map, but apparently they dont !
its like they are being put in a different folder ? i wish the settings/app program could show me where the data is installed because the games are all fully functional.

It just boggles my mind.

Game list :
movable : magic rampage, shark evolution, dungeon hunter 4, dead trigger, deadzoneunocorn 2, cytus, eyelord waking mars, god of blades, unit9 decro, combo crew, can knockdown,flashout.
non movable and not showing in my folders but so in app analyzer of folder mount but with 0bytes :
bit dungeon,clear vision3,kickoutpolitician,ghostsniper,tribloos,nuttyfluffies,littlegalaxy,berzerk ball,quadropus,towwelflight,asterix,kingts free,stickman downhill, 10000000, plants vs zombies2, banana kong, dungeon raid, overlive, badland,freezecollosatron,jetpackjoyride,fist of awesome,simply rockets,nimble quest,bloodbrothers, motor world car factory,earn to die, punch quest, rayman jubngle run, the sandbox, angry birs,star command, tiny deathstar ..... man the list goes on and on !

Ok, first thing is I think you need to check to see if you are still rooted. I mention this as I had also done a factory reset a while back and lost root. Didn't believe it but sure enough I did. Download "Root Checker" from the play store to confirm. You may need to reroot the G Pad again.

This will probably fix FolderMount as it requires root and probably explains why it can't report out correct. Also I thank you. I have been using FolderMount for some time now and never knew of that App Analyzer function. As mentioned, I used Link2SD to determine the path of the files and then created the pairs manually. Thus you just taught me something :good: Nice to see this feature in the app.

Also not sure you are looking at the right location manually either. Use ES File Explorer or Root Explorer to browse the system folders. Then check this path:

/sdcard/Android/obb

you should see some game folders here with data in it. Again, you may not be rooted or using a file browser that allows you to look at the root directory structure. Give this a whirl and report back.

riel88

Feb 5, 2014
Ok, first thing is I think you need to check to see if you are still rooted. I mention this as I had also done a factory reset a while back and lost root. Didn't believe it but sure enough I did. Download "Root Checker" from the play store to confirm. You may need to reroot the G Pad again.

This will probably fix FolderMount as it requires root and probably explains why it can't report out correct. Also I thank you. I have been using FolderMount for some time now and never knew of that App Analyzer function. As mentioned, I used Link2SD to determine the path of the files and then created the pairs manually. Thus you just taught me something :good: Nice to see this feature in the app.

Also not sure you are looking at the right location manually either. Use ES File Explorer or Root Explorer to browse the system folders. Then check this path:

/sdcard/Android/obb

you should see some game folders here with data in it. Again, you may not be rooted or using a file browser that allows you to look at the root directory structure. Give this a whirl and report back.
-----------------

Hi !

I did root checker : and yeah im still rooted !
i was looking in the right folder though - in my gpad there are 3 sd card options . 1 is the external this is where i have some comics on and the games that did move.

But on the gpad internal memory it has sdcard0 and emulated ( this one has all the same stuff as the sdcard0 has)
sdcard0/android/obb has no items in it , the data folder does. but not the games im missing. only the games that could be moved where in this folder.

all the games that could not be moves are in apk form .
i found this folder now with es file explorer with root file viewing option enabled.

So apparently i must convert these apk files to my sd card, how do i do this ?

cbb77

-----------------

Hi !

I did root checker : and yeah im still rooted !
i was looking in the right folder though - in my gpad there are 3 sd card options . 1 is the external this is where i have some comics on and the games that did move.

But on the gpad internal memory it has sdcard0 and emulated ( this one has all the same stuff as the sdcard0 has)
sdcard0/android/obb has no items in it , the data folder does. but not the games im missing. only the games that could be moved where in this folder.

all the games that could not be moves are in apk form .
i found this folder now with es file explorer with root file viewing option enabled.

So apparently i must convert these apk files to my sd card, how do i do this ?

Ok. Surprised that all your games don't have obb data but that is indeed possible. In any case, the only way that I am familiar with moving apk files is with an app like Link2SD. However for that to work you need to partition a section of your external SD card for it. Check the FAQs on the app as they will guide you on how to do this. For me, my main concerns / games have been large data files in obb directory. Thus that is what I have concentrated on.