[Q] HTC Evo 3D CDMA Bricked

Search This thread

ZSmith16

Feb 16, 2014
Hello, I hope that I am in the correct forum. I just recently bought an HTC Evo 3D CDMA from a friend who said it was bricked. I am a newb when it comes to things like this. I am not computer defunct but I don't know how to fix things like bricked phones so I have to have very specific instructions. There is no display on the phone and when I plug it into my computer it installed a driver for "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM4)" and in my device manager it shows that under my "Ports(COM & LPT)" heading. I have seen other forums for unbricking this phone but do not understand how to do it. Can anyone please give me detailed instructions so that I can fix it? I do have Ubuntu available on a USB so I can boot from that if it will help. Please help me. Thank you so much.

ZSmith16

Feb 16, 2014
Are you able to boot into hboot?

Sent from my MB886 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

If hboot is what shows up when you hold down the power button and the down volume button then no I cannot access hboot. The screen stays black the whole time. So if it is going to hboot it is not showing up on screen. If the phone whould just be recognized when I plug it into the computer then I might be able to fix it, however, nothing is working for me.

somekid15

Apr 6, 2013
If hboot is what shows up when you hold down the power button and the down volume button then no I cannot access hboot. The screen stays black the whole time. So if it is going to hboot it is not showing up on screen. If the phone whould just be recognized when I plug it into the computer then I might be able to fix it, however, nothing is working for me.

Make sure its unplugged. Remove battery and reinsert, boot with power and volume down. You should be in hboot

Sent from my Evo V 4G using xda app-developers app

TELE-FLASH

Dec 16, 2013
Little Rock
If unable to get into hboot you may very well be dealing with a true brick, or hard brick rather. I personally don't know of any ways to fix this without jtag. I believe most or all unbricking methods that are not jtag are meant for a partial brick i.e. boot loops or freezing during boot.

Sent from my MB886 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hossman

Dec 1, 2012
Moto G Power
Google Pixel 5a
Take the SD card out and try to boot to bootloader

If it works, take the cover off your phone
Plug it in to your PC
Then you can take the battery out
Install the SD card
re insert the battery

Now you can disconnect and put the cover back on

Hope that works
Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using xda app-developers app

ZSmith16

Feb 16, 2014
Also some more information. The phone had 1.04 ENG for the hboot and it was in s-off mode. He was flashing it when it suddenly turned off. I do not know if this means that it is unfixable or not.

shadowgrower420

Jan 31, 2014
it should also be noted the the steps to acess hboot are
1. while device is off hold power and volume down button
2. wait 4 seconds then release power button
hboot should pop up after that