[Q] play store problem on XT1033 (Indian) moto g.!!!

Search This thread

anooj21m

Apr 17, 2013
Thane
Whenever I download or updated any app from the play store.. The downloaded percent in the play store is shown different in the notification bar.
Eg.if xyz game is being downloaded then the play store is showing 45℅ and the notification bar shows 99%..
And of these two percent the notification bar is the right one because if it gets to 100% then the play store also jumps from x% to 100% directly......
This was an issue my earlier phone also. (Ace plus)..
What is the problem??

spiderpig21

May 27, 2012
bangalore
answer

Whenever I download or updated any app from the play store.. The downloaded percent in the play store is shown different in the notification bar.
Eg.if xyz game is being downloaded then the play store is showing 45℅ and the notification bar shows 99%..
And of these two percent the notification bar is the right one because if it gets to 100% then the play store also jumps from x% to 100% directly......
This was an issue my earlier phone also. (Ace plus)..
What is the problem??

android started partial updates to apps a while back. which means the play store only downloads the update and not the whole app over again.
hence the percentage in the notification bar is the total update being downloaded whereas the percentage in the play store is the total size of the app.:laugh::good:

anooj21m

Apr 17, 2013
Thane
android started partial updates to apps a while back. which means the play store only downloads the update and not the whole app over again.
hence the percentage in the notification bar is the total update being downloaded whereas the percentage in the play store is the total size of the app.:laugh::good:
no..
assume if the download completed in play store is 50%
and then in notification bar becomes 100%
then the playstore download bar automatically bumps to"installling" frm 50%

spiderpig21

May 27, 2012
bangalore
no..
assume if the download completed in play store is 50%
and then in notification bar becomes 100%
then the playstore download bar automatically bumps to"installling" frm 50%

yes exactly! instead of downloading the full apk, the playstore only downloads the updated apk, hence the notification bar shows the progress of the update and not the whole apk.