[APP] TorchLight Enabler - no root required

Search This thread

xperiacle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 12, 2012
Hello,

Just want to share this simple app I made to enable torch when pressing volume up key when the screen is off. I know there are already many mods/xposed modules up there that can do this but this one works on stock rom without needing root access. It is a feature in earlier galaxy devices but for some reason was removed from the S6 or S6 Edge. This app enables it and allows to set timeout settings. Just install and enjoy.

Attachments

• TorchLightEnabler_v1.0.apk
    271.8 KB · Views: 47,887
  • Screenshot_2015-07-04-20-13-33.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-04-20-13-33.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 13,968

Vanquiz

Nov 13, 2010
Wow, this is so handy, thank you much

Sent from my SM-G925T using XDA Premium HD app

8en

Jul 7, 2015
Thanks! app works great. Wish there was a brightness setting the app settings though

koko115

Jul 1, 2012
Work great, but light is dimmer like in stock flashlight. On other 3rd app flash is more brightness. Can You add more power to this led ?

donatod87

May 9, 2015
Don't work....Galaxy S6 flat

Hello,

Just want to share this simple app I made to enable torch when pressing volume up key when the screen is off. I know there are already many mods/xposed modules up there that can do this but this one works on stock rom without needing root access. It is a feature in earlier galaxy devices but for some reason was removed from the S6 or S6 Edge. This app enables it and allows to set timeout settings. Just install and enjoy.

It does not work on Galaxy S6 flat.
The tweak works sometimes but when you really need is wrong.
Pity :(

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Could someone confirm my doubts please..?
I wonder, couldn't vol up/down button be accidentally pressed in the pocket?

And yeah..what about wakelock?
This is great app but if it'll drain my battery and prevent device to go to deep sleep then I'll skip it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Eudemony

Mar 16, 2012
Adelaide
how can i make torch to be brighter with this mod ?
You can't. It is enabling the stock torchlight.
It is the same if you have a rooted phone and use an app like "sqlite editor" then navigate to "apps", "settings storage", "settings.db", "system" and add (by hitting the + sign) the lines
name = torchlight_enable and value = 1
And for the timeout setting
Add
name = torchlight_timeout and value = 30000 (i use 60000 i.e. 1 min)
Xpericle has just made it easier for those not comfortable with root and sqlite ;)
I usually have to wake the device (by pressing the power key) and then lock it again to get the torch to work with volume up. I believe this is because the device does go into deepsleep and that is why some people say it doesn't work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-06-22-54-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-06-22-54-31.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 859

craazy82013

Jun 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hello,

Sweet!!! Thanks!

silv3r4sh

Dec 3, 2005
Caused a Wakelock that didn't let my phone enter DeepSleep

This.

After installing it, PhoneWindowManager.mTorchlightWakeLock is preventing my phone from going into deep sleep. Even after disabling and/or uninstalling it, the wakelock was still there and causing high battery drain.

OP, can you please help out?
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,