[ROOT][APP][SUPPORT]SoftKeyZ - Apply and mix Softkeys/Navigation Button themes

Search This thread

cistamlaka

Apr 9, 2012
Zagreb
Does this app work on other devices or just with nexus 4?I have a chinese tablet Yuandao n90s and I would like to try this.My tablet is rooted and I have busybox

Last edited:

jimbohurt

May 13, 2013
@janis605 Sorry, I emailed you but then found this thread. I just read through the last 15 pages.
So basically I have a CM based ROM that I think uses SuperUser, is that different from SuperSu? Do I need to flash supersu instead for this to work?

radzik2908

Reactions: jimbohurt

LunaticSerenade

Nov 26, 2008
Columbus
It's like these Soviet Russia jokes.

In Soviet Russia Superuser supports SoftKeyZ.

... Really that's the case. It is not my fault that they haven't updated Superuser yet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Ha ha, that's great, and I actually better understand the issue.

Side note, thanks for the great app. :)

Sent from my CM 10.2 XT926

Rahshaka

Aug 12, 2010
Even with SuperSu installed, the app failed to change my Nav Buttons. CM10.2

Attachments

• SoftKeyZ_log.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 11

HeyyMyNameIs

Feb 28, 2013
please help me, i pressed apply backup cos i thought that it would give me my stock softkeys back, i know i didnt read it my bad, now my phone shows no wallpaper, no notif bar and my softkeys are gone too, and it keeps showing "unfortunately, system ui has stopped" as soon as i unlock my phone i could press ok but i only have a split second to press anything else till it shows again, how do i fix this without having to restore? i am running stock 4.3
i think that what i did wrong is that i applied a backup from an older version of android, as far as i can remember, my nexus4 was 4.2.2 when i backed it up through softkeyz, is it possible for you to just upload another backup from a 4.3 nexus and if i apply that will it fix this?

Last edited:

exb0

Oct 24, 2010
PNW
freshair.farm
Google Pixel 8 Pro
please help me, i pressed apply backup cos i thought that it would give me my stock softkeys back, i know i didnt read it my bad, now my phone shows no wallpaper, no notif bar and my softkeys are gone too, and it keeps showing "unfortunately, system ui has stopped" as soon as i unlock my phone i could press ok but i only have a split second to press anything else till it shows again, how do i fix this without having to restore? i am running stock 4.3
i think that what i did wrong is that i applied a backup from an older version of android, as far as i can remember, my nexus4 was 4.2.2 when i backed it up through softkeyz, is it possible for you to just upload another backup from a 4.3 nexus and if i apply that will it fix this?

Pure stock? You can either rip your systemui from a stock ROM or I can send to you

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

HeyyMyNameIs

Feb 28, 2013
Pure stock? You can either rip your systemui from a stock ROM or I can send to you

can you send it to me please? but will that wipe my data? and how do i do it after i recieve your systemui? i am running the first 4.3 update not the new 4.3 update that just came out yesterday. what do you mean by pure stock?

exb0

Oct 24, 2010
PNW
freshair.farm
Google Pixel 8 Pro
can you send it to me please? but will that wipe my data? and how do i do it after i recieve your systemui? i am running the first 4.3 update not the new 4.3 update that just came out yesterday. what do you mean by pure stock?

Any modifications to your ROM? And too bad then. I'm running latest 4.3. Just get a rooted stock ROM from the development section and dirty flash it. It should fix your problem.

HeyyMyNameIs

Feb 28, 2013
Any modifications to your ROM? And too bad then. I'm running latest 4.3. Just get a rooted stock ROM from the development section and dirty flash it. It should fix your problem.

aaww =( how do i dirty flash? but i will wait for the OP just incase he has a fix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my new app called "SoftKeyZ" what it does is simple: Change and combine different Navigation Buttons on your rooted device.

Please make sure you have the BusyBox installed.

If you like my work, please rate it 5 stars in the PlayStore and consider to support me by buying SoftKeyZ from the PlayStore.

Free apk is available for XDA below

Screenshot2.png

Video Review by oode (yt) and pocketnow.com :

Download Here (PlayStore) | Free apk & Changelog
    Any work on Lollipop support yet?

Work: yes. Results: not yet. I am trying to arrange everything for a release this month.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
    AW: [ROOT][APP][BETA TEST]SoftKeyZ - Change and combine Softkeys/Navigation Buttons

Does this app hold any wake locks or have a noticeable impact on battery? Sorry I hate to ask but I'm paranoid about my battery life but I would love to install new softkeys

Sent from my Nexus 4

No, it doesn't. But it needs Root and BusyBox.

Bootloop on xylon. Oh man, what a noob developer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to your nickname, you are 14/15 years old and have never programmed anything yourself and well... You are the noob.

SoftKeyZ Beta

Beta tests will be available here:

SoftKeyZ - BETA tests

First one will start in a few hours.

If you have a stretched back button, join this group :p