[BRICK] D802 fota partition fail. TOT doesn't work

Search This thread

collller

Jan 31, 2011
Hagen
Guys i need your help, I screwed my phone BADLY. I have D802 from Hong Kong

TOT flashing method starts, flash until 80%, phone restarts, the FlashTool gives meddage FBOOT fail. Flashing fails.

Phone restarts until LG logo and the diode is blinking colors.

There is only download mode available.

Please is there ANY solution? Even guys on IRC #lg-g2 channel couldn't help me.

What i did before:
1. rooted my phone
2. instal autorec, which screwed phone. after that only flashboot mode worked
3. i flashed laf.img to restore download mode, it worked
4. i flashed aboot, tz, rpm, it allowed me to boot into system but screwed touchscreen
5. i flashed TOT with dll from this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2687768
Bricked D802 FlashTool Fail Fix
but then phone freeze at LG logo and nothing happens. No recovery, no fastboot, only download mode.

please! anyone knows what to do?

drizzt1666

Jan 10, 2009
Guys i need your help, I screwed my phone BADLY. I have D802 from Hong Kong

TOT flashing method starts, flash until 80%, phone restarts, the FlashTool gives meddage FBOOT fail. Flashing fails.

Phone restarts until LG logo and the diode is blinking colors.

There is only download mode available.

Please is there ANY solution? Even guys on IRC #lg-g2 channel couldn't help me.

What i did before:
1. rooted my phone
2. instal autorec, which screwed phone. after that only flashboot mode worked
3. i flashed laf.img to restore download mode, it worked
4. i flashed aboot, tz, rpm, it allowed me to boot into system but screwed touchscreen
5. i flashed TOT with dll from this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2687768
Bricked D802 FlashTool Fail Fix
but then phone freeze at LG logo and nothing happens. No recovery, no fastboot, only download mode.

please! anyone knows what to do?

First double check that you can enter recovery. Hold the power button until the phone completely shuts down. Wait 5 seconds. Then hold power + volume down until it vibrates and LG logo shows up. Release both buttons. Then press them again quickly and hold them. You will enter recovery. Or the phone my offer to do a factory reset which btw won't happen since it will go to recovery by pressing the power button 2 more times. If you have TWRP then you are good. Install ADB on your PC and the LG drivers. When you have ADB, Download (check everything) related to JB and KK. Reboot the PC. Connect your phone with the cable. The PC will not recognize the phone. You have to use a little trick in the device manager first:
Press the windows key + pause/break and click on device manager. Right click on the faulty device with the yellow exclamation mark and hit properties then update driver. Click on the second option then from the list search for ADB or ADB device or something along those lines. Select the LG driver and hit OK. Unplug the phone. The phone must be in recovery still. Inside recovery hit advanced and look for ADB sideload. Check both checkboxes on what to wipe. If you don't already have a rom you want to flash, then use this one. It is a very stable and fast one and I only recommend it because I had the same issue as you and it worked for me. Download that rom and rename the zip file to rom.zip and copy it to the location where your adb.exe file is. You will also need the KK baseband modem otherwise auto rotation won't work. Search for it on the D802 dev thread. Now on your PC, open a command prompt inside the directory you copied the rom.zip (shift + right click) and hit "open command prompt here". Type in:

adb devices (this will ensure that your connection with the phone is alive. If you see some weird string then it works. That is the name of the phone btw)
adb sideload rom.zip

Installation will now begin. You are saved.

Of course all the above only applies if you have acces to recovery. But I wonder how could you screw that one up. It's literally a simple apk installation and a 1 button solves everything app. If you don't have recovery you can still try to save your phone with download mode. Here is a link that maybe helps but I havent tested it

And one last thing: Don't use Flashtool.

collller

Jan 31, 2011
Hagen
thanks man. But unfortunately no recovery. The phone ONLY goes to download mode.
I will try to flash .kdz because tot method didn't work. If .kdz fails then i don;t know.... expensive paper holder :(

huzaifaas

Apr 16, 2010
Guys plz help

D802 flashed with wrong laf.img now i have this error in lg flash tool.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 438

makcia

Feb 12, 2008
Same problem here only download mode is working and it gives error when I am trying to install tot LAF retrieveGPT() Failed. is there any solution for it?

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
Reactions: devil ££ sama
Aug 23, 2014
then your phone is refurbished, if motherboard shows ls980 then you must go back to stock. and from now on use ls980 stuff thats your variant.
flash original LG firmware going back to stock to wipe all and start fresh and new..
how to on link below.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

so i force inter qsusb_ bluck and use skrtool to flash ls980 partition then flash sprint stock rom ?

(in case i wanted to install twrp and install cloudy rom i should use autorec for ls980 varaint ? )

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
so i force inter qsusb_ bluck and use skrtool to flash ls980 partition then flash sprint stock rom ?

(in case i wanted to install twrp and install cloudy rom i should use autorec for ls980 varaint ? )
when i had QUSB_BULK error and many drives all i did was go back to stock.. using flashtools. and stock firmware..TOT method.

sprint is ls980 then yes, and yeap, from now on use autorec for ls980.. all that you use should be for ls980. goo luck
on the QHUSB i just went into download mode and flash then it worked okey.

Reactions: devil ££ sama
Aug 23, 2014
when i had QUSB_BULK error and many drives all i did was go back to stock.. using flashtools. and stock firmware..TOT method.

sprint is ls980 then yes, and yeap, from now on use autorec for ls980.. all that you use should be for ls980. goo luck
i did every thing right fone stared am i updated to lolipop but nfc and network or sim card don't work :confused: ( any fix ? i use algerian operator sim card )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    when mine use to work fine it showed d802 but mother board is writen ls980 ...
    what should i do ?
    :( :confused:
    then your phone is refurbished, if motherboard shows ls980 then you must go back to stock. and from now on use ls980 stuff thats your variant.
    flash original LG firmware going back to stock to wipe all and start fresh and new..
    how to on link below.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476