Search This thread

nfinitefx45

Apr 12, 2010
Abingdon, MD.
[Update-Only] nfx-update-kindle-6.3.1 - 05/04/2012

UPDATE ONLY from 6.3 to 6.3.1

Just for clarification this is not a complete rom this is only an Update

AND THIS IS ONLY IF YOU HAVE 6.3, not CM

Ok I have packaged up the 6.3.1 update with only the files changed or modified removed and added from 6.3
Included in this is:
unsecure boot image
busybox
su binary
and su apk

This is for anyone with root and Custom Recovery (Like TWRP) already installed and still on 6.3
this will not format system it will just update the need files.
So all current apps will remain and all data will be intact.

Install and wipe dalvik and cache, then reboot

Download Update 6.3.1

Files updated, added or removed

Posting this tomorrow after i BUILD THE LIST

ndoren

Apr 6, 2010
Works beautifully, as usual.

Rooted 6.3 users... you can wait until the automated OTA update wipes out your root, custom bootloader and recovery, or you can spend 5 minutes installing this update and move on with your life like nothing ever happened. I know which I'd choose.

Last edited:

hybridowner

May 7, 2010
too late

Darn it, should have turned off wifi. Downloaded this, but battery was low and while recharging OTA hit me. Any recommendations on the easiest way to regain custom recovery and root? Thanks

jkcpsal

Jun 18, 2010
St. Louis
Same thing happened to me, got recovery and bootloader back using fbmode now thinking if flashing this to get root

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

jb0ne

Dec 7, 2011
Another briliant creation! I have used every single one of these differential updates since 6.2.
Only problem with this one is it wiped out one of my Go Launcher screens.. Not too big a deal, I think I can recall all the apps on that page. Odd that it happened though.

jacewt

Mar 7, 2009
Los Angeles
Anyone notice that the app menu kind of flashes that icons overlap briefly? I don't know if it's a bug introduced with this update or if it's just me.

ndoren

Apr 6, 2010
Only problem with this one is it wiped out one of my Go Launcher screens.. Not too big a deal, I think I can recall all the apps on that page. Odd that it happened though.

I use GoLauncher EX and I did not have this happen. At the very least, you can back up your GoLauncher screen/app setup in the settings menu, so that you can restore it if it ever becomes necessary for whatever reason.

kylebenton

Apr 19, 2012
Pasadena, TX
I got hit with it (I think) and it took a lot of effort to flash MaCaDo. Now I'm running FFF 1.4, CWM recovery (doomlord), and device 6.3_User_401992 MaCaDo custom Rom Gr8. I want to flash APOK, but I need to get TWRP 2.1. I have the file, I just don't know how to flash the. Imf. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank You.

Kyle

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA

jacewt

Mar 7, 2009
Los Angeles
I got hit with it (I think) and it took a lot of effort to flash MaCaDo. Now I'm running FFF 1.4, CWM recovery (doomlord), and device 6.3_User_401992 MaCaDo custom Rom Gr8. I want to flash APOK, but I need to get TWRP 2.1. I have the file, I just don't know how to flash the. Imf. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank You.

Kyle

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1500935

Easiest way to flash bootloaders and recoveries, including twrp. You can't mess it up, just follow the directions, exactly as it says.

jb0ne

Dec 7, 2011
Hey i need some help. I've been updating use these differentials since way back, around 6.2. Since this one, to 6.3.1, I'm having trouble with battery life. I got a battery life monitor and it seems that my kindle is being held awake. But no application time corresponds, app usage will be super low in that time. I've taken to turning off wifi which helps a bit but I'm still bleeding allot of amps.

i imagine it's time to use a full pre rooted 6.3.1, that clutter may be collecting from updating this way for so long. But will i need to reinstall Skype, Google market, Google contacts sync adapter, and google calendar sync adapter?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

ndoren

Apr 6, 2010
Hey i need some help. I've been updating use these differentials since way back, around 6.2. Since this one, to 6.3.1, I'm having trouble with battery life. I got a battery life monitor and it seems that my kindle is being held awake. But no application time corresponds, app usage will be super low in that time. I've taken to turning off wifi which helps a bit but I'm still bleeding allot of amps.

i imagine it's time to use a full pre rooted 6.3.1, that clutter may be collecting from updating this way for so long. But will i need to reinstall Skype, Google market, Google contacts sync adapter, and google calendar sync adapter?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

I am definitely not seeing this with this update. IN fact, I think I've only had the KF plugged in twice since this update. It does fine sleeping off the charger.

It really sounds like one of your apps. Even the full update shouldn't cause you to reinstall any of your apps, provided they are user apps and not stored in system space. You can always back everything up with Titanium backup so you can quickly restore anything, anyway. Since you are rooted, I'd also suggest making a nandroid backup with CWM (or use TWRP). Neall

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Update-Only] nfx-update-kindle-6.3.1 - 05/04/2012

UPDATE ONLY from 6.3 to 6.3.1

Just for clarification this is not a complete rom this is only an Update

AND THIS IS ONLY IF YOU HAVE 6.3, not CM

Ok I have packaged up the 6.3.1 update with only the files changed or modified removed and added from 6.3
    Included in this is:
    unsecure boot image
    busybox
    su binary
    and su apk

This is for anyone with root and Custom Recovery (Like TWRP) already installed and still on 6.3
    this will not format system it will just update the need files.
    So all current apps will remain and all data will be intact.

Install and wipe dalvik and cache, then reboot

Download Update 6.3.1

Files updated, added or removed

Posting this tomorrow after i BUILD THE LIST
    I was waiting for something like this. Worked like a charm on modaco. Thanks so much.
    Will this update work on dual-boot w/ stock rooted 6.3 as secondary install?

You can find a version of this update modified for the secondary partitions at:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1640271

Hope this helps... plee3