[Q] Bricked Kindle Fire?? HELP!

Search This thread

lexibrowni

Nov 10, 2012
Okay so basically I decided to root my Kindle Fire. I have rooted my android phone and my iPod before so I wasn't too worried about it, but it's gone horribly wrong and I need major help.
So here's what happened:
I got my root from rootkindlefire.com and followed the necessary steps (i'm running on 6.3.1)

It got halfway through and froze and I stupidly unplugged my kindle

Then it was stuck on this screen with a yellow triangle with a flame in it and at the bottom is said press power button for recovery, but when I pressed it nothing happened

So I went messing around online, in my drivers, etc. I ended up deleting my kindle drivers (like the original ones) and now my kindle is freaking out.

I watched this other tutorial on rootkindlefire.com and tried to follow the steps on how to unbrick it but when I managed to get into the recovery (i can't remember what it's called? blue screen with options like install, mount, reboot, etc.) and put the zip drive he said to, in there... i couldn't see it.

I then downloaded KFU and managed to get my kindle to reboot, but it is now stuck on the "Kindle Fire" screen. I can turn it off, get into recovery, etc. I cannot get it to move past the start up screen however.

I do not believe I am in fastboot, but one of the sites I was on could have misled me. Anyway... HELP! please... I'm sad:/

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
If your getting animation and it doesn`t go any further this usually indicates a broken system which TWRP are you using ? If you are using 2.3.1.1 there`s a problem with how it formats best you revert to an older version 2.2.2.1 or older then it should work for you. Full wipe except your external storage/sdcard, refalsh rom and gapps. The proper methods for wiping are also provided in the link I gave you.

Last edited:

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
Very good point though make sure your using the newest version of KFU 9.6 the older version uses burrito root which no longer works on the Kindle Fire. Really though alll you need is a bootloader and recovery rooting is obsolete.

jma9454

Apr 11, 2012
Seattle
Okay so basically I decided to root my Kindle Fire....
I got my root from rootkindlefire.com and followed the necessary steps (i'm running on 6.3.1)
I watched this other tutorial on rootkindlefire.com and tried to follow the steps on how to unbrick it but when I managed to get into the recovery (i can't remember what it's called? blue screen with options like install, mount, reboot, etc.) and put the zip drive he said to, in there... i couldn't see it.
I do not believe I am in fastboot, but one of the sites I was on could have misled me. Anyway... HELP! please... I'm sad:/

First off, definitely listen to Thepooch and Josepho1997. Next, do you just want a rooted KF running the basic 6.3.1 firmware, or will you be switching to ICS or JB?
Next, is the blue screen you mentioned the TWRP screen? (TeamWin screen with 8 different choices)? If you are, then go to (I think) the bottom right and select mount, then mount system or USB or whatever it says. After that you can add files for a custom ROM or whatever you want through your computer. I forgot to mention that you need to of your KF into your computer.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

EERJ623

May 3, 2013
Okay so basically I decided to root my Kindle Fire. I have rooted my android phone and my iPod before so I wasn't too worried about it, but it's gone horribly wrong and I need major help.
So here's what happened:

It got halfway through and froze and I stupidly unplugged my kindle

Then it was stuck on this screen with a yellow triangle with a flame in it and at the bottom is said press power button for recovery, but when I pressed it nothing happened

So I went messing around online, in my drivers, etc. I ended up deleting my kindle drivers (like the original ones) and now my kindle is freaking out.

I then downloaded KFU and managed to get my kindle to reboot, but it is now stuck on the "Kindle Fire" screen. I can turn it off, get into recovery, etc. I cannot get it to move past the start up screen however.

Hi I am exactly where you were at (Deleted drivers=Freaking Out at yellow triangle). What do i do from here!? Please Help Me!!???

ZsadistsHunni

Mar 11, 2014
Help

I have done everything that has been listed here. My kindle is stuck on the kindle fire screen, I can not boot into recovery and I do believe the TWRP that was previously on it, has been removed as well as the OS...My son was messing with it and all I could get out of him was he was on a blue screen and swiped to reboot and he thought it said no OS installed. So, I have the done the Alternate method for rooting, however, when run the kfu, it says its online but boot status is unknown. I can not get it to say any different. What am I doing wrong?

Top Liked Posts