[Q] Rocking Recoveries after using Clockworkmod

Search This thread

LighthammerX

Oct 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I got a little bit of a weird question.

I rooted my Tablet originally Cyangenmod's Root Guide:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_tf101

Every single time I enter Clockworkmod Recovery, I get stuck in a boot loop until I rock between the newest version of Clockwork Recovery (v6.0.1.3) and back to the newest version of Clockwork Recovery Touch (v5.8.3.4.t) (rock as in move back and forth, not 'jam').

Clockwork Recovery Touch is the only version I've found that properly recognizes the sdcard while in recovery mode, so that always ends up being the version I keep on the tablet.

While I am always ultimately able to get the tablet back to functional AND install the rom, this remains something of a nuisance. As rarely as I update the tablet, I almost always forget about this quirk till I am knee deep into trying to update the ROM.

I wanted to see if anyone else has this problem and if there are any work arounds. I would like to not have to fight with this issue everytime and realistically, I'm nearing the point where I am going to upgrade to a new tablet and who I pass it on to will likely not be tech swavy enough to know how to deal with the problem.

Any thoughts?

LighthammerX

Oct 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I'll give it a shot. Clockwork DOES do the job, its just, as I said, every single time I ENTER Clockwork, I have to rock the recoveries to make the tablet boot into Android again >.>

Based on the comments on the page TWRP, it seems to be similar problems there too, but at least I know how to get around it if it blows up!

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
I'll give it a shot. Clockwork DOES do the job, its just, as I said, every single time I ENTER Clockwork, I have to rock the recoveries to make the tablet boot into Android again >.>

Based on the comments on the page TWRP, it seems to be similar problems there too, but at least I know how to get around it if it blows up!

TWRP (at least my builds) are working just fine with the tf101. My vfat formatted external microsd is recognized perfectly and the internal sdcard works perfect, too. Plus, you'll be able to flash newer ROMs. You could have an issue if your tab is already in some weird state, but otherwise TWRP should work fine unless you're using some other formatting besides what is standard for Android.

See here for download links and instructions:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2434422

Last edited: