Best phone I've had!

Search This thread

doverjosh8

Apr 23, 2014
I recently purchased the Galaxy S5 and I have to say, it's one of the best phones I have had. I am yet to have any problems with it and it's just perfect for my everyday use!

Has anyone else got it? What are your thoughts?

Reactions: BubZX and sleshepic

JGillis2391

Dec 7, 2010
Fort Myers
Same here dude! There's so much hate going on about it online but honestly it makes no sense when this is definitely better than other galaxy phones all around and it's just a beautiful device. Just because its made with plastic shouldn't make it "bad". Glad I'm not alone!

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

doverjosh8

Apr 23, 2014
Same here dude! There's so much hate going on about it online but honestly it makes no sense when this is definitely better than other galaxy phones all around and it's just a beautiful device. Just because its made with plastic shouldn't make it "bad". Glad I'm not alone!

Tell me about it. It doesn't deserve this much hate just because of the material it's made of. Why don't people base it off the actual phone and not the material.

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
Tell me about it. It doesn't deserve this much hate just because of the material it's made of. Why don't people base it off the actual phone and not the material.

Because people are all about looks/aesthetics these days, that's why.... either way I wrap my baby up in a case, so ven if I had an M8 you wouldn't be able to see the "premium, beautiful metal build". FYI I prefer the plastic, doesn't dent or scratch nearly as easy as metal, and less weight, so when/if it does fall, it gets less damage!

Reactions: BubZX

smooth703

Jul 22, 2010
Triangle, VA
my fav was the note 2... but this phone is great the m8 was long for no reason didnt feel good in the hand and was heavy

soon as i got the 5 out the box it felt way better before even turning it on

Reactions: BubZX

JGillis2391

Dec 7, 2010
Fort Myers
Because people are all about looks/aesthetics these days, that's why.... either way I wrap my baby up in a case, so ven if I had an M8 you wouldn't be able to see the "premium, beautiful metal build". FYI I prefer the plastic, doesn't dent or scratch nearly as easy as metal, and less weight, so when/if it does fall, it gets less damage!

Agree entirely!

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
yep, its great

the hate is all about because samsung is getting complacent and not changing up the phone exterior.....i mean..it essentially looks like a S4

what i don't like about it is that i think samsung is mass producing too quickly and a lot of phones have random issues here and there like scratched bezels, crooked stuff, mushy home buttons, etc...the QA went downhill

bhess

May 11, 2011
Tampa
I'm happy with it!

I've never had a problem with touchwiz. This one is more user friendly and maybe more designed for the casual user but I do find things easier now.

The battery life is better than my S3 but all phones seem to start out with battery life being good for the first year then it goes down.

I haven't taken many pictures but I'm not real happy with the camera.

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
yep, its great

the hate is all about because samsung is getting complacent and not changing up the phone exterior.....i mean..it essentially looks like a S4

what i don't like about it is that i think samsung is mass producing too quickly and a lot of phones have random issues here and there like scratched bezels, crooked stuff, mushy home buttons, etc...the QA went downhill

I actually liked the handling of the S4 (might be one of the few who actually did lol!)

I actually have to, but I agree about the bezel. Even tho I really like the look of the S4's bezel, the one of the S5 is pretty horrible lol. I really dont like it at all. But, that alone wouldn't persuade me from getting it.

I'll also admit that the white one feels extremely slippery on the back. Besides using an OtterBox for work every day, I'm not a huge case guy. Soon as i T home each day, I take the Defender off and slip on the Spigen bumper case that I got. Phone almost slipped outta my hands quite a few times already.

Orhan than that, I got no regrets. Very well rounded device. Surely won me over once again compared to HtC

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
I actually liked the handling of the S4 (might be one of the few who actually did lol!)

I actually have to, but I agree about the bezel. Even tho I really like the look of the S4's bezel, the one of the S5 is pretty horrible lol. I really dont like it at all. But, that alone wouldn't persuade me from getting it.

I'll also admit that the white one feels extremely slippery on the back. Besides using an OtterBox for work every day, I'm not a huge case guy. Soon as i T home each day, I take the Defender off and slip on the Spigen bumper case that I got. Phone almost slipped outta my hands quite a few times already.

Orhan than that, I got no regrets. Very well rounded device. Surely won me over once again compared to HtC

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Ya, the white one comes with a more plasticy back versus black is more rubberized

-Sent from Tapatalk

JGillis2391

Dec 7, 2010
Fort Myers
I don't get how this phone has too big of a bezel. I feel like if it were any smaller id be hitting the screen too much. I'm used to a bezel coming from EVO devices so I may be a bit ignorant about it.

bhess

May 11, 2011
Tampa
what dont you like specifically?

Probably the speed of focusing and taking the picture. Trying to get my kids at doing something funny before they have left the room by the time the picture decides to take. ;) I have stabilization turned off.

Outside it bright conditions it takes right away.

pastert33

Oct 17, 2007
Probably the speed of focusing and taking the picture. Trying to get my kids at doing something funny before they have left the room by the time the picture decides to take. ;) I have stabilization turned off.

Outside it bright conditions it takes right away.

The camera is pretty good for a PHONE. Your expectations might be a little high. I mean its hard to get a pic of my kids playing even with my high end cam so to expect this cam to do it is silly

Sent from my SM-G900P using xda app-developers app

doverjosh8

Apr 23, 2014

Yes, I agree. I just generally think people are way too picky nowadays and want perfection when it comes to phones. I'm like you, I prefer plastic.

iceddown

Jul 17, 2008
I recently purchased the Galaxy S5 and I have to say, it's one of the best phones I have had. I am yet to have any problems with it and it's just perfect for my everyday use!

The fact that it doesn't do simultaneous voice and data definitely makes it NOT the best phone!

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

my fav was the note 2... but this phone is great the m8 was long for no reason didnt feel good in the hand and was heavy

soon as i got the 5 out the box it felt way better before even turning it on
    Low light/indoor pics are :eek:

really? compared to my old s2, s3, and s4, the low light photos are PHENOMENAL!!

are you turning on the picture stabilization in low light or HDR? that is the key to good low light photos
    I'm also loving this phone. I just exchange HTC One M8 and got this one instead.