[STOCK ROM] Odin3 One-Click Downloader and Drivers CAPTIVATE ONLY

Search This thread

narsciso

Jul 18, 2010
I uploaded this on my Fileserve account if anyone needs a working link:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/emnCn2j

Thanks alot Ethere. It couldn't have been at a better time. I'm trying to Master Reset my phone right now. Hopefully everything goes correctly. It doesn't seem like that hard of a task. Plus there's youtube!

Thanks again man, I couldn't find any working links. I'm glad I stepped in here.

hokeymcf

Mar 24, 2010
Ok, just turn off the phone, remove the sim and sd card(if you have added one), start the program on the pc, plug in the usb cable(phone is still off at this point), press and hold both volume buttons and (while still holding both volume buttons) press and hold the power button. You will see a spinning cursor briefly, wait until you see it a second time. Now release the power button but keep holding both volume buttons until you see the big yellow text downloading screen. The pc will show the device and you can just click start.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
Oh god, thank you!

h0ckey10

Jan 12, 2011
general questions

so is the/one of the purposes of odin to flash a stock rom back? in other words, if i flash a rom to my captivate, will i have to manually back up the stock if i have any problems, or can i just go to odin if i want to revert?

tr3bolflow

Dec 26, 2010
i need help!!.......i think my captivate is brick...(i was playing and then my celphone runout of battery then i conect it to the pc an let him charge but when i try to power on the celphone i just hear the music att startup but the screen is completedly black).......i try to do everything to put it on download mode but anything seems to work...........please somebody help me!!!! thanks.

Jdelgado

Jul 28, 2007
Apex
Build 1010

Hi Guys,

I read some of the post here about restoring back to stock using Odin but I am not 100% sure what to do if you have build 1010 and it came with I897UCJH7.

Thanks for your help

mjgunn

Jul 26, 2010
Picking up a refurb captivate tomorrow, anyway to tell without actually trying it (IMEI range or whatever) if 3 button download mode will work?

NISMOFO

Jan 11, 2011
Texas (North Dallas area)
I have JH7, should I back it up or can I rely on Odin when I need to go back to JH7?

I have a stock 2.1 JH7 build # 1006
Kernal 2.6.29

I got this phone two days before it was released, but I'm just now getting around to rooting, flashing, etc. So I'm definitely a newbie. :)

I have done the following:
*rooted
*backed up my Apps/Data with Titanium Backup
*used ROM Manager to backup my stock JH7 ROM
*used SGS Kernal Flasher to backup my 2.6.29 Kernal
*installed SDK tools on my PC
*downloaded Odin to my PC

I have been trying to make sure I have a backup of everything before I do my first ROM flash. I have everything backed up to my PC right now except my stock ROM. It's taking forever to copy over to my PC...literally all day.

Do I really need to have an original copy of my JH7 ROM saved to the side, or can I rely on the downloadable copy that I have also found on the web?
I have that copy saved to my PC (JH7_OTA.zip)

Does it sound like I'm ready for my first flash? Can I rely on Odin to get back to JH7 in the future, or should to try to wait for my original JH7 to copy to my PC?

What I'd ultimately like to flash is:
Design Gears - Cognition V3.01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tovif0oZxUs&feature=youtu.be

mjgunn

Jul 26, 2010
Having a problem getting into download mode. Always worked without a problem, but one clicked back to JF6 no problem, tried to update to JH7 OTA and the update failed. So, tried to go back into download to redo the JF6, and whenever I try to 3 button combo into download mode all I'm getting is recovery mode.

Edit: Phone is acting really strange, finally got the 2 button/plug in usb method to work, so I one clicked back to jf6. After the flash was done, I went and checked and was able to get into download mode regularly with the 3 button method. Tried it AGAIN just to be sure, and now again all I can do is get into recovery mode.

Last edited:

xThe Enforcer

Jan 1, 2011
Florida
Okay, I'm having an issue going into DL mode.

Open odin
Remove battery, sim, ext sd
Put bat back in.
Hold vol up and down
Plug usb in while holding buttons
Should be in dl mode
One box in odin should turn yellow
Click start

I does not go into DL mode and instead it shows a battery charging icon. Help?

opcow

Oct 14, 2010
Ice Station Zebra
Having a problem getting into download mode. Always worked without a problem, but one clicked back to JF6 no problem, tried to update to JH7 OTA and the update failed. So, tried to go back into download to redo the JF6, and whenever I try to 3 button combo into download mode all I'm getting is recovery mode.

Try holding vol buttons and plugging in USB with the battery removed, then while holding the buttons insert the battery. If that fails take it to AT&T and tell them their OTA update broke your phone.

NISMOFO

Jan 11, 2011

Thank you soooo much :) Quick question, I have a stock JH7 and this is a JF6 download I believe. Should I be concerned?

Or if I ever go back to stock using this...does this mean I'm not really going back to JH7 ever? I have an early build 1006 if that matters.

Last edited:

seclm193

Jun 7, 2009
I used one click odin to restore me from the i9000 firmware to the jh6. Now I get "phone unregistered" when connecting to keis mini. Is there a way to fix this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

eep2378

Aug 12, 2010
MA
I'm running windows 7 on my mac via VM. I used this without any problems to flash back to JF6 via Odin many times. Now all of a sudden Odin, windows will not recognize my phone? I've been troubleshooting this all morning to no avail. I'm running Phoenix 3.5 custom Rom.

NISMOFO

Jan 11, 2011
I'm running windows 7 on my mac via VM. I used this without any problems to flash back to JF6 via Odin many times. Now all of a sudden Odin, windows will not recognize my phone? I've been troubleshooting this all morning to no avail. I'm running Phoenix 3.5 custom Rom.

If you mean it won't simply recognize it when initially plugged in....try unplugging the power supply on the laptop...shut it off for a.few minutes...the longer the better....boot back up (try with power supply unplugged) and reconnect the usb. This is all assuming you're on a laptop and you have the power supply plugged in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: "MASTER CLEAR" WILL WIPE YOUR BUILT-IN STORAGE!
    I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device.

What is this?:
    If you see the "phone+!+computer" screen, you need this! If you deleted something you shouldn't have and can't get it back on your phone, this is probably your best bet. This is the Odin3 One-Click Downloader for restoring your phone from a completely software bricked state, or for whatever purpose you see fit to use it for. You don't have to change any settings, it is all pre-packaged and ready to go.

If this has helped you out, please consider buying me a beer!

How to use:

1. Download and install the correct drivers below (mac and linux don't need drivers)
    2. Plug in your usb cable to your phone and computer
    3. Open Odin
    4. Enter Download Mode (see below)
    5. Click Start
    6. Be Patient, the first boot will take a while

How to use Master Clear:

1. Boot your phone up normally with usb debugging on
    2. Click Master Clear

How to enter download mode:
    Method 1:(ADB - from recovery or normally booted with usb debugging on)
    1. Open a cmd prompt/console/shell
    2. adb shell
    3. adb reboot download
    Method 2:(KEY COMBO)
    • Remove the battery, sim card, sdcard if you have one
    • Insert the battery
    • Hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power
    Method 3:(KEY COMBO)
    • Remove the battery, sim card, sdcard if you have one
    • Insert the battery
    • Hold both Volume buttons (from i9000 just down, don't touch the power button)
    • Plug in the USB cable and continue holding both Volume buttons

Drivers:
    Windows 64bit
    Windows 32bit

I897UCJF6 - Odin3 One-Click Downloader:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0w2y31maz8mdom4
    http://www.multiupload.com/XAZUYNXSC1

The internal beta's are NOT one-click, please read the linked threads
    UPDATE: I897UCJH2 (Internal BETA)
    You can get it here

UPDATE: I897UCJH3 (Internal BETA)
    You can get it here

Did it stay on "File analysis" for a long time?

if you're getting that, quit and unplug the phone, take out the battery so it's completely dead (and take out the sim card while you're at it)

then put back just the battery and put the phone into download mode (volume down + power)

then run odin and THEN plug in the phone. you have to do it in the right order otherwise it gets stuck on file analysis. go figure.
    Right-clicked the app and chose "Run as administrator"? I can't think of anything else other than to try CP3P0LOL's odin 2.1 package, which is safer anyway, because it includes the 3 button combo fix.

Tried the administrator route... no go. I'll give the other way a shot tomorrow since I've got an early start to the day.

Thanks!
    Your phone is likely not bricked. Get or create a jig to get your phone into download mode.

The rest is easy: running the Odin package in this thread, rooting your phone, and installing CWM are all the steps you need to install CyanogenMod.

The root files and CWM files are attached for when you reach that point. Each should be renamed to update.zip and placed in the SD card root directory of your phone. Reboot into recovery (easiest is via adb reboot recovery but that requires a fair amount of configuration to get working) and select the reinstall packages option both times; root first, then CWM.

You don't need to root first, just use the cwm zip then flash whatever Rom you want, the Rom will be rooted, rooting before installing cwm to simply flash a Rom is like wiping before you poop