[DISCONTINUED][ROM][UNOFFICIAL][manning][8.1] [TREBLE] LineageOS 15.1 ROM

Search This thread

M.A.P

LineageOS-logo.jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (OREO), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo.

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Whats Not Working:
* No Music Key Function
* VoLTE is not working
* HDR in camera is not working
* Selinux is Permissive, will fix it after few builds by collecting logs and fixing denials

Workarounds:
* Use Jio4GVoice for VoLTE calling ( Assuming that you are on jio network otherwise for calls it'll automatically change to 2G/3G )
* Use open Camera for HDR

Instructions :
- Download the latest build, force encrypt disabler , treble TWRP, repartition zip and gapps
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash TWRP zip and reboot to recovery again
- Flash the repartition zip and reboot to recovery again
- Wipe System and Vendor
- Flash the latest build
- Make sure system and vendor are not mounted, go to mount section in twrp and if either or both of them are ticked, untick them
- Flash force encrypt disabler (Optional)(Only use it if you want to access the internal storage through TWRP and also for not having any issues when flashing magisk modules)
- Again reboot to recovery select Wipe-> format data ( If you already did this once ignore it, but if you flashed stock rom again do it) and wipe cache and dalvik cache
- Flash Gapps (Optional)(Atleast in theory:silly:)
- Reboot

Downloads :
Build : lineage-15.1-20200625-UNOFFICIAL-manning.zip
Google Apps : https://opengapps.org ( Select ARM64 as Platform Version and 8.1 as Android Version, pick any package except tvstock according to your needs)

Reporting Bugs
DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless). Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Credits
LineageOS
Maanush That's me:D

XDA DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][manning][8.0] LineageOS 15.1 ROM for Lenovo K8 Note

Contributors
M.A.P, PremVijayV and its_sachin_jangir for testing when I couldn't, Siddharth_Sarkar for creating build report, saaivignesh20 for his original force encrypt disabler which I modified for treble,
Phhusson for suggesting to update sdcardfs driver in kernel to fix android 10 kernel panic

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
Device specific repositories: Device Tree; Device Specific Blobs; Kernel Source

Recovery to Use
The one attached to the thread, just follow the above steps

ROM OS Version: Android 8.1

Version Information

Created 24-3-2019

Changelog
* Initial LineageOS-15.0 build (24-3-2019)
* Fixed Major Bugs also published LineageOS-15.1 treble build (31-5-2019)
* Fixed mobile data issue which some people are facing in GSI (1-6-2019) (If you still face this issue and are a dual sim user then set one sim to 2g/3g as our phone doesnt support dual 4g and causes the above problem sometimes)
* Added correct bluetooth bitmask, now bluetooth will work in pie GSIs (Only if the patch is merged. Not all pie gsis have this, but all android 10 gsis do) (1-6-2019)
* LED is fixed (25-6-2020)
* Updated sdcardfs driver in kernel to prevent kernel panic, which leads to bootloop (25-6-2020)
* Added 1GB swap (25-6-2020)

Reverting to Stock
* Follow this post

Attachments

• TWRP.zip
    15.4 MB · Views: 2,514
  • manning-repartition.zip
    4 KB · Views: 1,886
Last edited:

PremVijayV

Sep 7, 2015
Awesome

I really appreciate you for more than a year of your dedicated work and efforts in booting Lineage OS on the Lenovo K8 series that is powered by a mediatek chipset and fixing most of the major bugs one by one from ril to fingerprint sensor. Keep it up bro.

Reactions: M.A.P and Ray_Green

M.A.P

I really appreciate you for more than a year of your dedicated work and efforts in booting Lineage OS on the Lenovo K8 series that is powered by a mediatek chipset and fixing most of the major bugs one by one from ril to fingerprint sensor. Keep it up bro.
Thank you very much:eek: especially for testing roms when I couldn't

Reactions: Ray_Green
Sep 23, 2017
Congratulations bro! I appreciate your work. I can't believe that we get a stable ROM with major bugs fixed one by one. ND Making rom for mtk soc is not a easy task. You are working since 1 year for this Rom. Tysm for giving your precious time for this device. Maybe in future some devs will be inspired by your work and users get support for mtk like snapdragon.

M.A.P

Congratulations bro! I appreciate your work. I can't believe that we get a stable ROM with major bugs fixed one by one. ND Making rom for mtk soc is not a easy task. You are working since 1 year for this Rom. Tysm for giving your precious time for this device. Maybe in future some devs will be inspired by your work and users get support for mtk like snapdragon.
Thanks a lot especially for your cooperation for testing :eek:

softmaster3

Feb 2, 2019
thanks a lot for your effort man
i was struggling with this device for its numerous bugs like overheating and battery draining fast
sure to try it after those issues are treated or reduced at least especially volte and omx

M.A.P

thanks a lot for your effort man
i was struggling with this device for its numerous bugs like overheating and battery draining fast
sure to try it after those issues are treated or reduced at least especially volte and omx
Sure actually I fixed the bugs, will give a patch fix for fixing bugs as I'm busy with treble for k8 note

tijoro

May 11, 2007
Hi,
I just wanted to shout out that your work makes a difference. I was in the market for a privacy-friendly, daily driver phone with decent specs and good LineageOS support. I preferred a Mediatek because Qualcomm's iZat location service / indoor positioning service transmits your position to Qualcomm, possibly at the firmware level where it is hard to disable. Yours is the only complete LineageOS for any good Mediatek phone.

However, I live in an overcrowded 2G/3G cell and therefore need VoLTE. At the time, I didn't yet see your comment about fixing VoLTE. I've repeatedly had issues with VoLTE working in India but not in my country. Then somebody confirmed that the Pocophone LineageOS can do VoLTE where I live. I ended up buying that, but it really was a close call.

Thank you for your work.

Last edited:

softmaster3

Feb 2, 2019
Sure actually I fixed the bugs, will give a patch fix for fixing bugs as I'm busy with treble for k8 note
wow !!
is that what i think it is??
treble roms support for k8 Note !!
and if u please when approximately to expect fix to those bugs in lineage like omx and headphone jack??

Last edited:

softmaster3

Feb 2, 2019
thanks man for the rom
question though ... after flashing this rom will my phone support treble roms?

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2016
Good Work

Thanks alot to the developer.
I'm using this rom (15.1 version). No major bugs. ROM is stable.
Developer is working hard for months.
Hoping more updates to this rom.
Or possibly a lineage os 16.0 stable update someday :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS-logo.jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (OREO), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Whats Not Working:
    * No Music Key Function
    * VoLTE is not working
    * HDR in camera is not working
    * Selinux is Permissive, will fix it after few builds by collecting logs and fixing denials

Workarounds:
    * Use Jio4GVoice for VoLTE calling ( Assuming that you are on jio network otherwise for calls it'll automatically change to 2G/3G )
    * Use open Camera for HDR

Instructions :
    - Download the latest build, force encrypt disabler , treble TWRP, repartition zip and gapps
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Flash TWRP zip and reboot to recovery again
    - Flash the repartition zip and reboot to recovery again
    - Wipe System and Vendor
    - Flash the latest build
    - Make sure system and vendor are not mounted, go to mount section in twrp and if either or both of them are ticked, untick them
    - Flash force encrypt disabler (Optional)(Only use it if you want to access the internal storage through TWRP and also for not having any issues when flashing magisk modules)
    - Again reboot to recovery select Wipe-> format data ( If you already did this once ignore it, but if you flashed stock rom again do it) and wipe cache and dalvik cache
    - Flash Gapps (Optional)(Atleast in theory:silly:)
    - Reboot

Downloads :
    Build : lineage-15.1-20200625-UNOFFICIAL-manning.zip
    Google Apps : https://opengapps.org ( Select ARM64 as Platform Version and 8.1 as Android Version, pick any package except tvstock according to your needs)

Reporting Bugs
    DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless). Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Credits
    LineageOS
    Maanush That's me:D

XDA DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][manning][8.0] LineageOS 15.1 ROM for Lenovo K8 Note

Contributors
    M.A.P, PremVijayV and its_sachin_jangir for testing when I couldn't, Siddharth_Sarkar for creating build report, saaivignesh20 for his original force encrypt disabler which I modified for treble,
    Phhusson for suggesting to update sdcardfs driver in kernel to fix android 10 kernel panic

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device specific repositories: Device Tree; Device Specific Blobs; Kernel Source

Recovery to Use
    The one attached to the thread, just follow the above steps

ROM OS Version: Android 8.1

Version Information

Created 24-3-2019

Changelog
    * Initial LineageOS-15.0 build (24-3-2019)
    * Fixed Major Bugs also published LineageOS-15.1 treble build (31-5-2019)
    * Fixed mobile data issue which some people are facing in GSI (1-6-2019) (If you still face this issue and are a dual sim user then set one sim to 2g/3g as our phone doesnt support dual 4g and causes the above problem sometimes)
    * Added correct bluetooth bitmask, now bluetooth will work in pie GSIs (Only if the patch is merged. Not all pie gsis have this, but all android 10 gsis do) (1-6-2019)
    * LED is fixed (25-6-2020)
    * Updated sdcardfs driver in kernel to prevent kernel panic, which leads to bootloop (25-6-2020)
    * Added 1GB swap (25-6-2020)

Reverting to Stock
    * Follow this post
    Nice work..

Keep it up :good:
    Awesome