[Tutorial/Mod] Noob Proof how to Edit APK's / Replace “ god mode“with“Ownership Mode"

Search This thread

trkaaa

Feb 13, 2010
[Tutorial/Mod] Noob Proof how to Edit APK's / Replace “ god mode“with“Ownership Mode"

Tutorial for replacing the name “ god mode “ with the actual function name “ Ownership mode “

And Noob Proof Editing APK’s implemented on Tweaks

Other Posts Links

• Solve WiFi Errors , Radio Problem, htc Dev Unlock Method ( how it really Works) Here

Credit

• Credit goes to All Developers who enhanced the Original tweak
  • also to romanbb for creating the original tweaks.

N.B.

• If you are not interested in knowing how to edit an APK or Create a Flashable Zip , then Kindly stop here and move on the the next thread of importance to you , Cause this is a long thread

content

• Tutorial for Editing APK’s implemented on Tweaks APK included in Rom v7.1 by Developerrobocik
  • Mod for Rom v7.1 by Developerrobocik , see Ownership Mode a.jpg , Ownership Mode b.jpg
  • This tutorial can be used with any custom Rom to Edit an APK ( Settings , tweaks , MikTweaks , RCMix Tweaks , … etc ) in about 5 ~ 10 min in the first time , and no more 3~5 min afterwards
  • i used it for GB APK's , didn't test it with ICS APK's yet
Mod

• This Mod is for Rom v7.1 by Developerrobocik ( it functions normal as is , it only changed the displayed string name , Note that some functions need to download components in order to work )
  • This Mod will restores the string “god mode “ into its actual full development name “ Ownership mode “ or “Get Ownership mode “ , which is more relevant development wise “

Download Links

• NB : Please feel free to PM me regarding any Questions and help in modifying similar APK for other Custom Roms or Rom Version for your own use

• if you created your own similar Mod for a Different Custom Rom or Rom Version , PM me to add it in Post # 2

DISCLAIMER
I am not responsible if following this Method results in bricking your phone

Whatever you do is at your Own Risk

Tutorial
replacing the name “ god mode “ with the actual function name “ Ownership mode “ or “ Get Ownership mode “
And Editing APK’s implemented on Tweaks

General

• I tried to make this tutorial Noob Proof ( for those with little computer skills ) as much as possible , so it is a bit long
  • This tutorial is implemented on Tweaks , and can be applied for any custom Rom you use that includes ( Tweaks , RCMix Tweaks or any similar tweak ) to restore the name “god mode “ into its actual full development name “ Ownership mode “ or “Get Ownership mode “ , see Ownership Mode a.jpg , Ownership Mode b.jpg
  • This tutorial can also be used for editing the APK of your choice

• Editing an APK means ( decompile “decompress “ the apk , edit xml and smali files , recompile the apk ) , and then sign the APK or zip file .
  • Please note that editing an apk without decompiling it first , will cause FC ( force Close )

Required tools and Links ( All Free )

• Press on any text displayed in “ orange color “ to open the associated link ( web page , or Download link ) , always download latest software versions from those websites
  • Notepad ++ { to view and edit xml files and smali } , links for Notepad ++ web Page and Notepad ++ installer v5.9.8 ( 5 MB )
  • apktool { to decompile “ Decompress “ and recompile“ recompress “ APK files } , apktool web page , Download links forWindows users ( 4 MB) :
    • apktool v1.4.1 is recommended if you encounter error on newer versions of apktool ( in compiling or decompiling ) , provided that you are sure you have followed all steps correctly when using the newer version of apktool
    • Download apktool-* file ( for All operating systems )
    • and apktool-install-windows-* file ( Linux and mac users should choose appropriate file )
    • Unpack both zip files to the Same directory
    • Java Runtime Environment should be installed JRE or manually choose JRE for any Operating systems or offline installation
  • Zipsigner 2 ( NOT Zipsigner ) { to sign APK’s and Zip files } , Download Zipsigner 2from Android market
  • Windows Grep ( Optional ) { to seach all files inside an entire directory for a word } , ( in options you can change the editor to be Notepad++ ) , DownloadWindows Grep( less than one MB )

tips for using cmd window

• you don’t need to write full path for the folder , just drag the folder from within “my computer” or Desktop to the cmd window and the path will be written automatically
  • also for names just copy a name and right click the toolbar of cmd window then choose edit then Paste , see att 1 - cmd Copy&Paste - apktools folder.jpg
  • You can use up and down arrows to toggle the previously used commands instead of writing them again
  • Press enter after typing any of the following commands

Steps

1. decompiling “ Decompress “ the APK

• here you can find a more detailed information , Procedure , and solve errors
  • Open your Rom zip in a winrar window and drag the following files to your desktop ( or extract the zip file and find the files ) :
    • Framework-res.apk located in System \ framework
    • Tweaks ( or xxxtweaks according to how each rom name it ) located in System \ app
    • For certain APK’s ( like settings apk ) you will need to extract also com.htc.resources.apk and/or SystemUI.apk ( But this is not needed for tweaks apk )
    • Extract both apktool-* file and apktool-install-windows-* to the same folder and rename it to apktools and put it in the root of Drive C: ( it includes 3 files aapt.exe , apktool.bat , apktool.jar
    • Copy both Framework-res.apk and Tweaks.apk ( i.e Tweaks, RCMixTweaks , ???tweaks … etc ) inside apktools folder , see att 1 - cmd Copy&Paste - apktools folder.jpg
  • Go to windows start menu \ Accessories \ cmd , Right click it and choose run as administrator
  • In cmd window Navigate to apktools folder by typing the following : cd c:\apktools ( or type cd followed by a space then drag the folder apktools to cmd window ) , you should see this c:\apktools>
  • Now to decompile (for example tweaks.apk ) , see att 2 - cmd decompile & recompile.jpg
  • type the following :
    • Type apktool if framework-res.apk
    • Type apktool d tweaks.apk ( don’t forget to add “ .apk “ )
    • Use the exact same original APK name ( case sensitive upper or lower case ) , to avoid typing mistake use cmd copy and paste . Otherwise after editing and signing the apk and try to over-write the original apk , it will not replace the original apk and both APK’s will be there
    • If you want to over-right the created folder , use apktool d -f tweaks.apk , or delete the created folder and use apktool d tweaks.apk to create it again
    • A new folder is created with the same name of the Tweak ( i.e tweaks , ???tweaks , …etc ) inside c:\apktools , see att 1 - cmd Copy&Paste - apktools folder.jpg
    • The apk is now decompiled
    • ( this is not needed for tweaks apk ) , For certain APK’s ( like settings apk ) that requires for example com.htc.resources.apk you will need to add it to apktools folder and execute apktool if com.htc.resources.apk

2. Edit xml and smali Files

• Install Notepad++ and put a shortcut at the desktop
  • Four files to be modified :
    • open the 4 following files together with Notepad++ by dragging each file to Notepad++ shortcut at the desktop
    • system_prefs.xml , located in C:\apktools\Tweaks\res\xml\
    • SystemActivity.smali , located in C:\apktools\Tweaks\smali\com\{ name differ according to developer } rcteam\tweaks\system
    • SystemActivity$15.smali , located in C:\apktools\Tweaks\smali\com\{ name differ according to developer } rcteam\tweaks\system
    • godmode.bin located in your Rom zip inside System \bin
  • Use any PC explorer and navigate into c:\apktools\tweaks then do a search for word including “ god “ . open the files found in the search ( just drag them into Notepad++ shortcut on the desktop)
  • In Notepad++ press Ctl +F to open search window , type “ god ” and press “ find all in all open Documents “ , the results will be shown at the bottom of the notepad++ window , Double click any line of them and it will move you to its xml file
  • Replace the string “ god “ with the string “ ownership “ or “ Get Ownership “ as follows :
    • Double click any line of them and it will move you to its xml file , only replace the highlighted strings
    • system_prefs.xml : for Android : title ( replace with “ ownership “ or “ Get Ownership “ ) , for Android : key (replace with “ ownership “ to read “ownershipmod_command “ ) , see att 3 - system_prefs.jpg
    • SystemActivity.smali : replace with “ ownership “ to read “ownershipmod_command “ , see att 4 - systemActivity.smali.jpg
    • SystemActivity$15.smali : for line const-string v2 ( replace with “ ownership “ or “ Get Ownership “ ) , for line const-string v1 ( replace with “ ownership “ to read “ownershipmod_command “ ) , see att 5a - systemActivity$15.smali.jpg , att 5b - systemActivity$15.smali.jpg
    • godmode.bin : rename the file itself to ownershipmode.bin ( this file is edited and placed separately )
  • if needed for other APK’s , you can use Windows Grep to seach all files inside an entire directory for a certain word ( in options you can change the editor to be Notepad++ )

3. Re-compiling “ compress “ the APK

• Run cmd as administrator , in cmd window Navigate to apktools folder by typing the following : cd c:\apktools ( or type cd followed by a space then drag the folder apktools to cmd window ) , you should see this c:\apktools> , see att 2 - cmd decompile & recompile.jpg
  • Type apktool b tweaks ( don’t add “ .apk “ )
  • Use the exact same original APK name ( case sensitive upper or lower case ) , to avoid typing mistake use cmd copy and paste . Otherwise after editing and signing the apk and try to over-write the original apk , it will not replace the original apk and both APK’s will be there
  • two new folder are created inside apktools \ tweaks folder :
    • A folder named “ Build “ , it includes the decompiled files with the saved changes
    • A folder named “ dist “ , it includes the new modified apk ( not signed yet )
  • If you want to over-right the created folder , use apktool b -f tweaks , or delete the two created folders and use apktool b tweaks to create them again

4. Signing the APK

• Install Zipsigner 2 on your phone , note that the compiled APK is not signed yet
  • Create a folder on your sd card name it for example “ sign apk and zip “ , Copy the modified compiled APK to that folder
  • Start Zipsigner 2 and leave all settings as it is “ defaults “ , press “choose in/out “ and navigate to the compiled APK “ for example tweaks “ and select it , then press “ sign the File “ , a massage will tell you that the file is signed ,
  • Go to folder “ sign apk and zip “ and you will find the signed apk named as ( tweaks-signed.apk ) , copy ( tweaks-signed.apk ) to other location and rename it to ( tweaks.apk ) exactly as the original compiled apk
  • The apk is now ready to replace the original one located in system \ app

5.Apply the changes

Applying the changes can be done by either of the following two methods :

• Create a MOD and Apply it from recovery
  • Manually by moving both the APK and bin file
  • Manually by moving both the APK and bin file inside the Custom Rom Zip before installing it
a) Using Manual Replacement

• The modified apk is now compiled and signed and ready to replace the original one located in system \ app
  • Make sure that the modified APK has the exact same original APK name , Otherwise it will not replace the original apk and both APK’s will be there
  • Set system to read\write using Root Explorer or the original tweak itself ( open tweak then go to system tab , and choose mount system reaed/ write )
  • Use Root Explorer or any similar apk to review permission and ownership values before over-writing the required APK or bin file
  • Over-write the Apk or file and correct permission and ownership values to the same values for the original APK or bin fileTweaks Permissions.jpg , Tweaks Owner.jpg ( values are different for other similar tweaks ).
  • For ownershipmode.bin file , navigate to system \ bin , review permission and ownership values before deleting godmode.bin, then delete godmode.bin and copy ownershipmod.bin inside system \ bin , and correct permission and ownership values to the same values for the original file Ownershipmode Permissions.jpg , Ownershipmode Owner.jpg ( values are different for other similar tweaks )
b) Using MOD Replacement

• Put the flashable zip ( MOD ) in your SD Card , Reboot into recovery
  • Clear dalvik and Cache , use install zip from SD Card , navigate to the file and install it then reboot

6.signing Zip file ( create your own MOD )

• For future versions of tweaks apk , your can edit the new APK and use the attached MOD, just over-write the existing files with yours , and flash it
  • In general you can create a folder with the same attached structure
  • Create a folder let us call it “ Work “ , Create two folders inside it (META-INF , system ) according to the above attached structure ,
  • Add both update-binary and updater-script inside folder META-INF \ com \ google\ Android ,
  • Add the files you want to update inside System folder ( use the same structure as in the original Rom),
  • highlight both of the two folders (META-INF , system ) then right click then choose send to then compressed folder ( Don’t compress the “ Work folder itself ) , rename the created zip as you prefer
  • Place prepared zip file on your SD Card and use the same procedure mentioned in Step no 4 (Signing the APK ) and in Step no 5 B ( Using MOD Replacement )
General Notes

+- META-INF/
+- MANIFEST.MF
+- CERT.SF
+-
CERT.RSA
...........................com/
.....................................google/
.................................................android/
update-script
update-binary
updater-script
+- system/
.................app/
Tweaks.apk
..................bin/
.........................ownershipmode.bin

• Note that the structure of META-INF ( name is case sensitive , as in above att 7 ) is always the same ( MANIFEST.MF , CERT.SF , CERT.RSA are created during singing the flashable zip )
  • the /system folder can be anything you need ( in our case Tweaks.apk and ownershipmode.bin ) , to add different items for your update you should then if needed modify Updater Script accordingly ,
  • update-binary , updater-script are needed to let the zip file to be flashable zip ( update.zip ) , For backward compatibility reasons, it's still possible to also add an update-script file.
  • updater-script is where you put the required commands to be executed during flashing the zip
7. Adding your own Similar Mod or APK here in Post # 2

• you can Add your own Similar Mod of Modified APK here in Post # 2 ( For Different Custom Rom or Different Version of a Rom ) , Please PM me

Press the thanks Button for this Post

Last edited:

Cyb0rgz

Jan 2, 2012
Chennai
Hi,

Have a small doubt regarding APK. Below is what i did,

1. Renamed the SystemUI.apk with .zip
2. Changed the necessary image files in res\drawable-hdpi
3. Renamed the SystemUI.zip to SystemUI.apk
4. Pushed to the \System\app folder.

Problem,
When i moved to System\app app doesn't work. got force closes.

Question:
Am i need to sign apk ? I just changed the .png files, still am i need to sign the apk?

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Hi,

Have a small doubt regarding APK. Below is what i did,

1. Renamed the SystemUI.apk with .zip
2. Changed the necessary image files in res\drawable-hdpi
3. Renamed the SystemUI.zip to SystemUI.apk
4. Pushed to the \System\app folder.

Problem,
When i moved to System\app app doesn't work. got force closes.

Question:
Am i need to sign apk ? I just changed the .png files, still am i need to sign the apk?

after moving the apk ..if its not signed ..you need to fix the permissions ..you can do this via recovery

Cyb0rgz

Jan 2, 2012
Chennai
after moving the apk ..if its not signed ..you need to fix the permissions ..you can do this via recovery

Thank you for your time in responding!

Yes, i have given necessary permissions as well. but it doesn't seems to work!

if i am changing the .dex files, am i need to sign the apk? On changing the png images and all, am i need to sign it? Among the two, which one requires apk signing?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Tutorial for replacing the name “ god mode “ with the actual function name “ Ownership mode “

And Noob Proof Editing APK’s implemented on Tweaks

Other Posts Links

• Solve WiFi Errors , Radio Problem, htc Dev Unlock Method ( how it really Works) Here

Credit

• Credit goes to All Developers who enhanced the Original tweak
    • also to romanbb for creating the original tweaks.

N.B.

• If you are not interested in knowing how to edit an APK or Create a Flashable Zip , then Kindly stop here and move on the the next thread of importance to you , Cause this is a long thread

content

• Tutorial for Editing APK’s implemented on Tweaks APK included in Rom v7.1 by Developerrobocik
    • Mod for Rom v7.1 by Developerrobocik , see Ownership Mode a.jpg , Ownership Mode b.jpg
    • This tutorial can be used with any custom Rom to Edit an APK ( Settings , tweaks , MikTweaks , RCMix Tweaks , … etc ) in about 5 ~ 10 min in the first time , and no more 3~5 min afterwards
    • i used it for GB APK's , didn't test it with ICS APK's yet
    Mod

• This Mod is for Rom v7.1 by Developerrobocik ( it functions normal as is , it only changed the displayed string name , Note that some functions need to download components in order to work )
    • This Mod will restores the string “god mode “ into its actual full development name “ Ownership mode “ or “Get Ownership mode “ , which is more relevant development wise “

Download Links

• NB : Please feel free to PM me regarding any Questions and help in modifying similar APK for other Custom Roms or Rom Version for your own use

• if you created your own similar Mod for a Different Custom Rom or Rom Version , PM me to add it in Post # 2

DISCLAIMER
    I am not responsible if following this Method results in bricking your phone

Whatever you do is at your Own Risk

Tutorial
    replacing the name “ god mode “ with the actual function name “ Ownership mode “ or “ Get Ownership mode “
    And Editing APK’s implemented on Tweaks

General

• I tried to make this tutorial Noob Proof ( for those with little computer skills ) as much as possible , so it is a bit long
    • This tutorial is implemented on Tweaks , and can be applied for any custom Rom you use that includes ( Tweaks , RCMix Tweaks or any similar tweak ) to restore the name “god mode “ into its actual full development name “ Ownership mode “ or “Get Ownership mode “ , see Ownership Mode a.jpg , Ownership Mode b.jpg
    • This tutorial can also be used for editing the APK of your choice

• Editing an APK means ( decompile “decompress “ the apk , edit xml and smali files , recompile the apk ) , and then sign the APK or zip file .
    • Please note that editing an apk without decompiling it first , will cause FC ( force Close )

Required tools and Links ( All Free )

• Press on any text displayed in “ orange color “ to open the associated link ( web page , or Download link ) , always download latest software versions from those websites
    • Notepad ++ { to view and edit xml files and smali } , links for Notepad ++ web Page and Notepad ++ installer v5.9.8 ( 5 MB )
    • apktool { to decompile “ Decompress “ and recompile“ recompress “ APK files } , apktool web page , Download links forWindows users ( 4 MB) :
      • apktool v1.4.1 is recommended if you encounter error on newer versions of apktool ( in compiling or decompiling ) , provided that you are sure you have followed all steps correctly when using the newer version of apktool
      • Download apktool-* file ( for All operating systems )
      • and apktool-install-windows-* file ( Linux and mac users should choose appropriate file )
      • Unpack both zip files to the Same directory
      • Java Runtime Environment should be installed JRE or manually choose JRE for any Operating systems or offline installation
    • Zipsigner 2 ( NOT Zipsigner ) { to sign APK’s and Zip files } , Download Zipsigner 2from Android market
    • Windows Grep ( Optional ) { to seach all files inside an entire directory for a word } , ( in options you can change the editor to be Notepad++ ) , DownloadWindows Grep( less than one MB )

tips for using cmd window

• you don’t need to write full path for the folder , just drag the folder from within “my computer” or Desktop to the cmd window and the path will be written automatically
    • also for names just copy a name and right click the toolbar of cmd window then choose edit then Paste , see att 1 - cmd Copy&Paste - apktools folder.jpg
    • You can use up and down arrows to toggle the previously used commands instead of writing them again
    • Press enter after typing any of the following commands

Steps

1. decompiling “ Decompress “ the APK

• here you can find a more detailed information , Procedure , and solve errors
    • Open your Rom zip in a winrar window and drag the following files to your desktop ( or extract the zip file and find the files ) :
      • Framework-res.apk located in System \ framework
      • Tweaks ( or xxxtweaks according to how each rom name it ) located in System \ app
      • For certain APK’s ( like settings apk ) you will need to extract also com.htc.resources.apk and/or SystemUI.apk ( But this is not needed for tweaks apk )
      • Extract both apktool-* file and apktool-install-windows-* to the same folder and rename it to apktools and put it in the root of Drive C: ( it includes 3 files aapt.exe , apktool.bat , apktool.jar
      • Copy both Framework-res.apk and Tweaks.apk ( i.e Tweaks, RCMixTweaks , ???tweaks … etc ) inside apktools folder , see att 1 - cmd Copy&Paste - apktools folder.jpg
    • Go to windows start menu \ Accessories \ cmd , Right click it and choose run as administrator
    • In cmd window Navigate to apktools folder by typing the following : cd c:\apktools ( or type cd followed by a space then drag the folder apktools to cmd window ) , you should see this c:\apktools>
    • Now to decompile (for example tweaks.apk ) , see att 2 - cmd decompile & recompile.jpg
    • type the following :
      • Type apktool if framework-res.apk
      • Type apktool d tweaks.apk ( don’t forget to add “ .apk “ )
      • If you want to over-right the created folder , use apktool d -f tweaks.apk , or delete the created folder and use apktool d tweaks.apk to create it again
      • A new folder is created with the same name of the Tweak ( i.e tweaks , ???tweaks , …etc ) inside c:\apktools , see att 1 - cmd Copy&Paste - apktools folder.jpg
      • The apk is now decompiled
      • ( this is not needed for tweaks apk ) , For certain APK’s ( like settings apk ) that requires for example com.htc.resources.apk you will need to add it to apktools folder and execute apktool if com.htc.resources.apk

2. Edit xml and smali Files

• Install Notepad++ and put a shortcut at the desktop
    • Four files to be modified :
      • open the 4 following files together with Notepad++ by dragging each file to Notepad++ shortcut at the desktop
      • system_prefs.xml , located in C:\apktools\Tweaks\res\xml\
      • SystemActivity.smali , located in C:\apktools\Tweaks\smali\com\{ name differ according to developer } rcteam\tweaks\system
      • SystemActivity$15.smali , located in C:\apktools\Tweaks\smali\com\{ name differ according to developer } rcteam\tweaks\system
      • godmode.bin located in your Rom zip inside System \bin
    • Use any PC explorer and navigate into c:\apktools\tweaks then do a search for word including “ god “ . open the files found in the search ( just drag them into Notepad++ shortcut on the desktop)
    • In Notepad++ press Ctl +F to open search window , type “ god ” and press “ find all in all open Documents “ , the results will be shown at the bottom of the notepad++ window , Double click any line of them and it will move you to its xml file
    • Replace the string “ god “ with the string “ ownership “ or “ Get Ownership “ as follows :
      • Double click any line of them and it will move you to its xml file , only replace the highlighted strings
      • system_prefs.xml : for Android : title ( replace with “ ownership “ or “ Get Ownership “ ) , for Android : key (replace with “ ownership “ to read “ownershipmod_command “ ) , see att 3 - system_prefs.jpg
      • SystemActivity.smali : replace with “ ownership “ to read “ownershipmod_command “ , see att 4 - systemActivity.smali.jpg
      • SystemActivity$15.smali : for line const-string v2 ( replace with “ ownership “ or “ Get Ownership “ ) , for line const-string v1 ( replace with “ ownership “ to read “ownershipmod_command “ ) , see att 5a - systemActivity$15.smali.jpg , att 5b - systemActivity$15.smali.jpg
      • godmode.bin : rename the file itself to ownershipmode.bin ( this file is edited and placed separately )
    • if needed for other APK’s , you can use Windows Grep to seach all files inside an entire directory for a certain word ( in options you can change the editor to be Notepad++ )

3. Re-compiling “ compress “ the APK

• Run cmd as administrator , in cmd window Navigate to apktools folder by typing the following : cd c:\apktools ( or type cd followed by a space then drag the folder apktools to cmd window ) , you should see this c:\apktools> , see att 2 - cmd decompile & recompile.jpg
    • Type apktool b tweaks ( don’t add “ .apk “ )
    • two new folder are created inside apktools \ tweaks folder :
      • A folder named “ Build “ , it includes the decompiled files with the saved changes
      • A folder named “ dist “ , it includes the new modified apk ( not signed yet )
    • If you want to over-right the created folder , use apktool b -f tweaks , or delete the two created folders and use apktool b tweaks to create them again

4. Signing the APK

• Install Zipsigner 2 on your phone , note that the compiled APK is not signed yet
    • Create a folder on your sd card name it for example “ sign apk and zip “ , Copy the modified compiled APK to that folder
    • Start Zipsigner 2 and leave all settings as it is “ defaults “ , press “choose in/out “ and navigate to the compiled APK “ for example tweaks “ and select it , then press “ sign the File “ , a massage will tell you that the file is signed ,
    • Go to folder “ sign apk and zip “ and you will find the signed apk named as ( tweaks-signed.apk ) , copy ( tweaks-signed.apk ) to other location and rename it to ( tweaks.apk ) exactly as the original compiled apk
    • The apk is now ready to replace the original one located in system \ app

5.Apply the changes

Applying the changes can be done by either of the following two methods :

• Create a MOD and Apply it from recovery
    • Manually by moving both the APK and bin file
    • Manually by moving both the APK and bin file inside the Custom Rom Zip before installing it
    a) Using Manual Replacement

• The modified apk is now compiled and signed and ready to replace the original one located in system \ app
    • Make sure that the modified APK has the exact same original APK name , Otherwise it will not replace the original apk and both APK’s will be there
    • Set system to read\write using Root Explorer or the original tweak itself ( open tweak then go to system tab , and choose mount system reaed/ write )
    • Use Root Explorer or any similar apk to review permission and ownership values before over-writing the required APK or bin file
    • Over-write the Apk or file and correct permission and ownership values to the same values for the original APK or bin fileTweaks Permissions.jpg , Tweaks Owner.jpg ( values are different for other similar tweaks ).
    • For ownershipmode.bin file , navigate to system \ bin , review permission and ownership values before deleting godmode.bin, then delete godmode.bin and copy ownershipmod.bin inside system \ bin , and correct permission and ownership values to the same values for the original file Ownershipmode Permissions.jpg , Ownershipmode Owner.jpg ( values are different for other similar tweaks )
    b) Using MOD Replacement

• Put the flashable zip ( MOD ) in your SD Card , Reboot into recovery
    • Clear dalvik and Cache , use install zip from SD Card , navigate to the file and install it then reboot

6.signing Zip file ( create your own MOD )

• For future versions of tweaks apk , your can edit the new APK and use the attached MOD, just over-write the existing files with yours , and flash it
    • In general you can create a folder with the same attached structure
    • Create a folder let us call it “ Work “ , Create two folders inside it (META-INF , system ) according to the above attached structure ,
    • Add both update-binary and updater-script inside folder META-INF \ com \ google\ Android ,
    • Add the files you want to update inside System folder ( use the same structure as in the original Rom),
    • highlight both of the two folders (META-INF , system ) then right click then choose send to then compressed folder ( Don’t compress the “ Work folder itself ) , rename the created zip as you prefer
    • Place prepared zip file on your SD Card and use the same procedure mentioned in Step no 4 (Signing the APK ) and in Step no 5 B ( Using MOD Replacement )
    General Notes

+- META-INF/
    +- MANIFEST.MF
    +- CERT.SF
    +-
    CERT.RSA
    ...........................com/
    .....................................google/
    .................................................android/
    update-script
    update-binary
    updater-script
    +- system/
    .................app/
    Tweaks.apk
    ..................bin/
    .........................ownershipmode.bin

• Note that the structure of META-INF ( name is case sensitive , as in above att 7 ) is always the same ( MANIFEST.MF , CERT.SF , CERT.RSA are created during singing the flashable zip )
    • the /system folder can be anything you need ( in our case Tweaks.apk and ownershipmode.bin ) , to add different items for your update you should then if needed modify Updater Script accordingly ,
    • update-binary , updater-script are needed to let the zip file to be flashable zip ( update.zip ) , For backward compatibility reasons, it's still possible to also add an update-script file.
    • updater-script is where you put the required commands to be executed during flashing the zip
    7. Adding your own Similar Mod or APK here in Post # 2

• you can Add your own Similar Mod of Modified APK here in Post # 2 ( For Different Custom Rom or Different Version of a Rom ) , Please PM me

Press the thanks Button for this Post

Thank you for your time and effort, great tutorial.
    Thanks for this great guide. Very helpful and informative.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium
    Thanks for posting this, I will be spending more time on it this weekend. :D Hopefully this will get you RC status. ;)