[APP][4.1+] Knobby Volume Control - Unique dashing way to control and manage volumes

Search This thread

yogi.306

Mar 16, 2013
Mumbai
www.yogeshdama.com
RCfaWpZ.png

Knobby brings totally new look to your android smart phone with cool theme-able knob volume control. Volume control app with cool UI and many themes you will eagerly try.

Knobby gives you the classy rotary controls to manage volumes available in android system. example: Ringer volume, system, notification, media, music or incall voice volume.

Knoby makes it easy to manage volume levels by gesture volume control. gesture control provides very convenient and easy way to handle different volume levels quickly from anywhere.

Busted Volume buttons? Knobby to the Rescue!
Knobby app is savior for volume keys, using Knobby you can avoid pressing physical volume hardware keys every time.

◇ Knobby have many UI themes for dashing cool look for your phone. with elegant volume control UI, app also provides easy and battery friendly access to control volumes quickly from any where.

◇ You do not need to close or exit the currently running app or game.
Knobby is just one swipe away, with gesture control you can quickly open volume control slider from any app. its runs on top of the other apps.

◇ Knobby is fully loaded with many other features that gives you total control over your phone volume settings. app have inbuilt volume control widgets and volume control notification. with so many options to configure and change the colors, icons and ringer modes.

◇ Knobby volume slider also have option for ringer modes to easily change the ringer modes, Silent, Normal or vibrate.

We highlights some features here:
  • Knob volume control with many themes
  • Volume control widgets
  • Volume control notification
  • Fully customizable widgets and notification, change background colors, and icon colors.
  • Gesture control to open volume slider quickly without leaving current app or game.
  • Completely configurable gesture control, change position, size, thickness, transparency, color etc.
  • Quickly change ringer modes: Silent, vibrate, normal.
  • Control volume levels: Ringer, notification, system, incall voice, media/music.
  • Dashing UI with material standards.
  • Battery friendly background services for gesture control.
  • Customizable volume slider, change position, animation, duration, colors etc.
  • Volume buttons savior.
  • No permission to accessibility service.

◇ Permissions:
App need system overlay permission to draw volume slider on top of running apps.
Do not disturb permission to allow Knobby to control ringer modes.
Internet access for rating and showing our more apps screens.

◇ Note:
The last update of the app have Volume key override option in app setting. this option need accessibility permission.

◇ Try Knobby, use different themes & let us know your feedback and suggestions at yogi.306@gmail.com
We are happy to incorporate and improve the app with your suggestions.
Thank you !!

Download Paid Version: Play Store
Download Free Version: Play Store

XDA:DevDB Information
[APP][4.1+] Knobby Volume Control - Unique dashing way to control and manage volumes, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
yogi.306, yogi.306
Source Code: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bhanu.knoby.knobvolumecontrol

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.5
Stable Release Date: 2019-12-30

Created 2019-12-30
Last Updated 2019-12-30

Attachments

• 1024x500.jpg
    1024x500.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 465
  • screen_1.jpg
    screen_1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 476
  • screen_2.png
    screen_2.png
    234.5 KB · Views: 451
  • screen_3.png
    screen_3.png
    234.9 KB · Views: 446
  • screen_4.jpg
    screen_4.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 433
  • test.jpg
    test.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
Reactions: novas78

yogi.306

Mar 16, 2013
Mumbai
www.yogeshdama.com
Reserved

Update version 1.14
Minor UI change.
Wake up issue on some device fixed.

Update Version 1.11 (released on 2 January 2020)
Volume key override option added in app setting.
this option need accessibility permission to access volume key press events.

Last edited:

yogi.306

Mar 16, 2013
Mumbai
www.yogeshdama.com
Thank you.
as we stated in OP, for overriding volume keys, we have to write custom accessibility service and accessibility service going to be deprecated in future version of Android. and it also gives problem in some devices, hence we have added Gesture option so Knob Volume slider is just a one swipe away.

That is sad.
But it's looks great anyway.

MishaalRahman

Retired Editor in Chief
Nov 2, 2015
www.xda-developers.com
Thank you.
as we stated in OP, for overriding volume keys, we have to write custom accessibility service and accessibility service going to be deprecated in future version of Android. and it also gives problem in some devices, hence we have added Gesture option so Knob Volume slider is just a one swipe away.

Accessibility Service isn't being deprecated in a future version of Android. Where did you hear that from?

Reactions: yogi.306

yogi.306

Mar 16, 2013
Mumbai
www.yogeshdama.com
For your information,
latest version 1.11 (released on 2 Jan. 2020), we have added option to override volume keys, you will find this option in app setting. this option need accessibility service permission, app will ask for the same.
its require to access volume key press events.

hope you will like the new option,
have a nice day, and Happy new year :)

That is sad.
But it's looks great anyway.

yogi.306

Mar 16, 2013
Mumbai
www.yogeshdama.com
Thank you for your question,
in the last update of the app, i have already added option with Accessibility service in app setting to override volume hardware keys.
i missed updating the OP text. its updated now.

the accessibility service deprecation news i heard some time back but it was my mistake , it was not deprecating it. it was something else.
here is the link of xda about this topic.
https://www.xda-developers.com/google-threatening-removal-accessibility-services-play-store/

now app have option for overriding volume keys and OP is too updated.
Sorry for any inconveniences.
Have a nice day and happy new year :)

Accessibility Service isn't being deprecated in a future version of Android. Where did you hear that from?

yogi.306

Mar 16, 2013
Mumbai
www.yogeshdama.com
Hello,
Thanks for response,
latest update have Accessibility service option in app setting to override volume hardware keys.
OP is updated now.
the accessibility service deprecation news i heard some time back but it was my mistake , it was not deprecating it. it was something else. here is the link of xda about this topic.
https://www.xda-developers.com/google-threatening-removal-accessibility-services-play-store/

now app have option for overriding volume keys and OP is too updated.
Sorry for any inconveniences.
Have a nice day and happy new year :)

yogi.306

Mar 16, 2013
Mumbai
www.yogeshdama.com
20 Promocodes for the app

here are some promocodes for the app:
please use it and if you like the app, please leave your review.
T4F8E03HXERV8ZLFN6JCXP6
3W71125ZEQNRJRU6DUCE1NT
3E3Y37QMKZSU0KNNWMWGVTP
F4CZ9RQSBTTUGEJBC8MR02M
8NPPNUX6Z4PHKSHXKL2CBYA
HAQDXMANG7LF6WS6A0C6H3F
NFDJBNKE0VPQ8EKW1C4679X
KV3QWAW5JQ9MRYRLQ6U7NMX
C4LDRC52C5SFAP9FG3Q6G4V
0Y42S4AB0YNM67E7HXHEWH4
UBMUGLWP74AHYUDCDKAD274
0CTCJK4Y0530MHSLRBSN6VX
EMYKETWL77BM9NT023AMVBH
XCZ5VD407WM7V3MSUH7BFUU
Y3EVLZWVYCCY9JZTQXEK4QG
WQ3U1EDPGFU6JDJ84WDEQVB
1UX4LCLW6ABJ2SHZN8KE241
1RB2QJ96XCX7QBQ1EQY19L8
TBCQMM5AP6JP4UVNMEGYKM0
YGNJNNHCTMJ86QLHW80N4E7

yogi.306

Mar 16, 2013
Mumbai
www.yogeshdama.com
Thank you for confirmation, about changing volume, you have to use knob, overriding volume keys and changing volume on press gives trouble and flickers hence we left it to user to change it once user sees knob window.

Yep. After update found it. But the volume keys just shows the program pop-up window and not changing the volume. ☹️

Sent from my SM-A505FM using XDA Labs

Oblias

Sep 3, 2016
I got the app off the play store today, and installed it on my OnePlus 5 running Oxygen OS 9.0.10 . Love the concept, and the execution, but after about 30 minutes, it would randomly wake my screen from a sleep state. At first, I though it might be something else, so I shut off my display, but again about 30 minutes later, my screen was back on. That has NEVER happened before. So, I uninstalled your program almost 2 hours ago, and my phone has not turned it's self back on since.

Any idea what could be causing your app to turn on my display? I'd really like to use it!

yogi.306

Mar 16, 2013
Mumbai
www.yogeshdama.com
Hello, Thank you for reporting this, we are checking on this and will update you as soon as possible.
its not with all phones, its only with particular phones models. and we are looking into this, soon update.
thank you for your patience.

I got the app off the play store today, and installed it on my OnePlus 5 running Oxygen OS 9.0.10 . Love the concept, and the execution, but after about 30 minutes, it would randomly wake my screen from a sleep state. At first, I though it might be something else, so I shut off my display, but again about 30 minutes later, my screen was back on. That has NEVER happened before. So, I uninstalled your program almost 2 hours ago, and my phone has not turned it's self back on since.

Any idea what could be causing your app to turn on my display? I'd really like to use it!

Oblias

Sep 3, 2016
Hello, Thank you for reporting this, we are checking on this and will update you as soon as possible.
its not with all phones, its only with particular phones models. and we are looking into this, soon update.
thank you for your patience.

OK, thanks. Let me know when the update is out, will you? I appreciate it!

yogi.306

Mar 16, 2013
Mumbai
www.yogeshdama.com
We found the issue, and we fixed it, the latest version 1.12 released , its on playstore,
may be take some time to appear on your playstore.
please update once you see version 1.12
the issue is fixed. we were checking and creating gesture control for every 2 hour interval, as some android system kills the app. but now we removed that logic, the interval is now set to a day, that is 24 hrs and on phone restart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oblias

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RCfaWpZ.png

Knobby brings totally new look to your android smart phone with cool theme-able knob volume control. Volume control app with cool UI and many themes you will eagerly try.

Knobby gives you the classy rotary controls to manage volumes available in android system. example: Ringer volume, system, notification, media, music or incall voice volume.

Knoby makes it easy to manage volume levels by gesture volume control. gesture control provides very convenient and easy way to handle different volume levels quickly from anywhere.

Busted Volume buttons? Knobby to the Rescue!
    Knobby app is savior for volume keys, using Knobby you can avoid pressing physical volume hardware keys every time.

◇ Knobby have many UI themes for dashing cool look for your phone. with elegant volume control UI, app also provides easy and battery friendly access to control volumes quickly from any where.

◇ You do not need to close or exit the currently running app or game.
    Knobby is just one swipe away, with gesture control you can quickly open volume control slider from any app. its runs on top of the other apps.

◇ Knobby is fully loaded with many other features that gives you total control over your phone volume settings. app have inbuilt volume control widgets and volume control notification. with so many options to configure and change the colors, icons and ringer modes.

◇ Knobby volume slider also have option for ringer modes to easily change the ringer modes, Silent, Normal or vibrate.

We highlights some features here:
    • Knob volume control with many themes
    • Volume control widgets
    • Volume control notification
    • Fully customizable widgets and notification, change background colors, and icon colors.
    • Gesture control to open volume slider quickly without leaving current app or game.
    • Completely configurable gesture control, change position, size, thickness, transparency, color etc.
    • Quickly change ringer modes: Silent, vibrate, normal.
    • Control volume levels: Ringer, notification, system, incall voice, media/music.
    • Dashing UI with material standards.
    • Battery friendly background services for gesture control.
    • Customizable volume slider, change position, animation, duration, colors etc.
    • Volume buttons savior.
    • No permission to accessibility service.

◇ Permissions:
    App need system overlay permission to draw volume slider on top of running apps.
    Do not disturb permission to allow Knobby to control ringer modes.
    Internet access for rating and showing our more apps screens.

◇ Note:
    The last update of the app have Volume key override option in app setting. this option need accessibility permission.

◇ Try Knobby, use different themes & let us know your feedback and suggestions at yogi.306@gmail.com
    We are happy to incorporate and improve the app with your suggestions.
    Thank you !!

Download Paid Version: Play Store
    Download Free Version: Play Store

XDA:DevDB Information
    [APP][4.1+] Knobby Volume Control - Unique dashing way to control and manage volumes, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    yogi.306, yogi.306
    Source Code: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bhanu.knoby.knobvolumecontrol

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.5
    Stable Release Date: 2019-12-30

Created 2019-12-30
    Last Updated 2019-12-30
    Very sharp looking so far...any promo codes avail?
    Thank you.

We found the issue, and we fixed it, the latest version 1.12 released , its on playstore,
    the issue is fixed. we were checking and creating gesture control for every 2 hour interval, as some android system kills the app. but now we removed that logic, the interval is now set to a day, that is 24 hrs and on phone restart.

Great, good to hear. I'll post back with my results as soon as the new version is available on the play store and I test it out.