[UTIL] TouchWatch2 2.44 -Timer/Stopwatch (multilanguage)

Search This thread

lopez1_de

Jun 14, 2007
Hi all,

it's time to release the new version of TouchWatch2.

Requirements:

Features:
  • up to 6 timers or stopwatches
  • works with all screen resolutions (VGA,QVGA,WVGA etc.)
  • multilanguage (English, German, Spanish, Italian, Dansk, French, Greek, Czech, Polish, Hungarian, Russian, Lithuanian).
  • landscape support / sensor support with auto rotation
  • d-pad support
  • AppToDate support (download AppToDate here)
  • use your own notifications sounds (WAV only)
  • use your own icons (PNG only)
  • you can change graphics and colors (registry only HKLM\Software\M_G\TouchWatch2\)

Usage:
The usage is very simple. Just use fingertips to start or stop a timer (or press d-pad action). If you want to reset a timer, hold down your finger for 500ms (or press d-pad action for 500ms). To modify the settings of a timer, tab on the left side icon and the settings will open (or press d-pad left).

Installation:

Copy and run the CAB file on your device. You will find a shortcut to TouchWatch2 in your programs startmenu.

Screenshots:
TouchWatch2_screen1.png
TouchWatch2_screen3.png
TouchWatch2_screen2.png

Tweaks
You can find some more settings in your registry. HKLM\Software\M_G\TouchWatch2

S2U Users:
If you are using Slide2Unlock there might be a problem if you switch off the device while a timer is running. S2U forces the device to suspend, but the device have to be in unattended mode to work properly.
Take one of this possibilities:
1. Uninstall S2U.
2. or Never switch off the device while a timer is running.
3. or Try to configure S2U like this (settings taken from G-Alarm Homepage):
* Lock when screen is blank > off
* Lock when backlight turns off > off
* Power off in > off
* But blank screen only > off
* Blank screen on talk > off
* Please check those settings on both "On battery power" and "On external power"

Version History:
2.4.4:
* Added icons for timer/stopwatch
* Added sensor support for auto rotation
* Added darker color for disabled timer/stopwatch
* Added lithuanian translation (many thanks to cukierkas)

2.4.3:
* Fixed polish translation errors
* Added russian translation (many thanks to Ethermind)

2.4.2:
* Added polish translation (many thanks to billyJ)
* Added hungarian translation (many thanks to gidano)

2.4:
* Added greek translation (many thanks to dancer_69)
* Added czech translation (many thanks to Dr.Hadr)
* Fixed AppToDate problem
* Fixed landscape view
* Changed default elapsed alarm cycles to 20 instead of 5
* Added the ability to change LED ID for vibration via registry
* Added clock (on last timer item if no timer is set)
* Added some new sounds
* Device isn't vibrating anymore at startup, if you deactivate vibrating response in the settings

2.34:
* Increased graphics performance by 50%! Milliseconds updating faster now.
* Slightly lower battery usage
* Fixed a bug noticed by trids. If you long-click ("reset") on a timer that is not yet defined, then the app don't crashes anymore.

2.33:
* Added AppToDate support.
* Fixed font problem. Digital font was displaying in google maps and some other programs. This is a strange behavior of some programs which don't have set a explizit font for usage.

2.32:
* Fixed WVGA fitting.
* Added support for switching the device off while timer/stopwatch is running
* Added S2U2 detection and automatic exception creation.

2.3:
* Hopefully fixed screen fitting for WVGA devices

2.2:
* Overall user interface speed and battery consumption is improved.
* Added multilanguage support (English, German, Spanish, Italian, Dansk, French).
* Added the possibility to change the timers description (like "Eggs" or "raise pot").
* Added the possibility to change a timers value by keyboard.
* Added a button to mute the elapsed alarm and let timer run.
* Added easy access to the main features.
* Hiding TouchWatch is now working correctly. If an alarm is playing, TouchWatch will come to front automatically.
* Color change (and other tweaks) possible with registry editor (HKLM\Software\M_G\TouchWatch\).
* Fixed sound bugs.
* Removed custom taskbar. The windows default taskbar will do the job.

2.01b:
* Added an option to select between application- or standard taskbar.
* Fixed bug: Font directory not found at startup (DirectoryNotFoundException).

2.0b:
* First beta release.

Support me with a donation for future developments:

Thank you!

No donations received so far. ;)

Download:
You can update TouchWatch2 with AppToDate.
TouchWatch2 v2.4.4 - CAB Installer

Translation:
If you are interested to make a translation for TouchWatch, translate the following words please. Also corrections are welcome! I will then release it in one of the next version. Thank you very much.
Code:
OK
Click
Elapsed alarm - audio
Elapsed alarm - vibrate
Elapsed
Hide
Set alarm volume to maximum
Remove
Click response - audio
Click response - vibrate
Font was installed. Please restart TouchWatch.
Slide2Unlock was found on your device. This program is known for causing timer problems. TouchWatch is now trying to adjust settings from S2U.
Settings
Stopwatch
Timer
Homepage

Last edited:
Reactions: specjals

lopez1_de

Jun 14, 2007
I'm running it on a Samsung Omnia (i900) and here are some of my observations:
1. In portrait mode, the application is a little short of the 400 height
2. When I try to draw a line from the top down, the application throws out a "NotSupportedException" error message.

Otherwise, very practical application!

We've written a post about it: http://www.careace.net/2009/05/26/control-stopwatch-and-timer-on-the-touch/

Thank you for the review.
What happens if you click on "Minimize" in the bottom menu?

hi

Just a note to let you know that this does not fill the screen on my HD it just treats it like VGA

Is it the same as shown on this screenshots?
http://www.careace.net/2009/05/26/control-stopwatch-and-timer-on-the-touch/

Damn, testet it on Touch and Diamond. Don't know why this happens. I wish I had an Touch HD to test it. :( Will try to fix it.

Thanks for all the feedback :)

lopez1_de

Jun 14, 2007
Hi all,

I have tried to fix the WVGA fitting. Give it a try and test the 2.3 version please. I can't test it because I only have a Diamond. :)

Thank you very much.

Get it here.

bytes2bits

Sep 22, 2008
I really like this program but unfortunately when i turn off the screen on my HTC Touch (CDMA), the timer stops working until I turn the screen back on and return to the program. It's like it stalls in the background and stops counting down. I installed it to my storage card rather than main memory. Could this be the problem? :(

Update: I uninstalled it and reinstalled it to the main memory, soft reset and tried it again. Now once I start the timer and turn the screen off, it makes one short vibration, no sound, no screen turning on, and the timer starts counting upward when the timer reaches zero. Once I manually turn the device on I can see the timer counting upwards and then it starts to vibrate and make sound normally while the timer continues counting upward... really weird. I want this program to work. I really like it. Hope you can reproduce the bug and figure it out.

Last edited:

lopez1_de

Jun 14, 2007
I really like this program but unfortunately when i turn off the screen on my HTC Touch (CDMA), the timer stops working until I turn the screen back on and return to the program. It's like it stalls in the background and stops counting down. I installed it to my storage card rather than main memory. Could this be the problem? :(

Update: I uninstalled it and reinstalled it to the main memory, soft reset and tried it again. Now once I start the timer and turn the screen off, it makes one short vibration, no sound, no screen turning on, and the timer starts counting upward when the timer reaches zero. Once I manually turn the device on I can see the timer counting upwards and then it starts to vibrate and make sound normally while the timer continues counting upward... really weird. I want this program to work. I really like it. Hope you can reproduce the bug and figure it out.

Hi,
the windows mobile design don't allow to run timers when the device is switched off. There are some workarounds for this (like using alarms), but this isn't a good idea for timers or stopwatches.
You can switch off the screen if you want (there are some tools out there which can do this), but if oyu switch of the device, all timers or stopwatches will stop.

I have noticed that there is a way to run applications in an unattended mode. MAybe this will work. I'll try it.

Last edited:

lopez1_de

Jun 14, 2007
Hi,
I have noticed that there is a way to run applications in an unattended mode. MAybe this will work. I'll try it.

Ok, found a way that you are able to suspend the device via power button. But the device will not be suspended really. Only the screen and lights are switched off. Timers will run in background and switch on the screen if timer is elapsed.

Will release it soon..

Gustopher

Nice work lopez1_de - this has real promise.

I don't know whether the various reports of issues with the screen sizing on WVGA pre- or post-date your release in whivh you thought WVGA was fixed, but it appears not to be. The screen still comes up with a 'gap' at the bottom.

Keep up the good work though!

lopez1_de

Jun 14, 2007
Nice work lopez1_de - this has real promise.

I don't know whether the various reports of issues with the screen sizing on WVGA pre- or post-date your release in whivh you thought WVGA was fixed, but it appears not to be. The screen still comes up with a 'gap' at the bottom.

Keep up the good work though!

Hi Gustopher,
thank you for testing.

Damn, how to get the proper screen dimensions on WVGA devices. C#.NET does not give the correct values for Client.Height I think. I googled so long to find the answer. No luck until now. ...

bytes2bits

Sep 22, 2008
Hi,
the windows mobile design don't allow to run timers when the device is switched off. There are some workarounds for this (like using alarms), but this isn't a good idea for timers or stopwatches.
You can switch off the screen if you want (there are some tools out there which can do this), but if oyu switch of the device, all timers or stopwatches will stop.

Yes, I did notice that with some programs. I do however use a timer program called simple timer which allows me to turn off the screen and then lights up and alerts me when the timer is up. Your program is much cooler looking though. Thanks for keeping at it.

lopez1_de

Jun 14, 2007
OK, finally fixed the WVGA screen fitting. Many thanks goes to Gustopher for testing it. :)

For all developers:
And here the trick which allow to run things in background while device is "switched off". You have to set the power management of the device to unattended mode. If the user is pressing the power button, the device will not be suspended, it will be in unattended mode. You have to deactivate the unattended mode manually!

Code:
        private const int PPN_UNATTENDEDMODE = 0x0003;
        [System.Runtime.InteropServices.DllImport("coredll.dll")]
        private static extern bool PowerPolicyNotify(int dwMessage, bool dwData);

I will release a new version very soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

it's time to release the new version of TouchWatch2.

Requirements:

Features:
    • up to 6 timers or stopwatches
    • works with all screen resolutions (VGA,QVGA,WVGA etc.)
    • multilanguage (English, German, Spanish, Italian, Dansk, French, Greek, Czech, Polish, Hungarian, Russian, Lithuanian).
    • landscape support / sensor support with auto rotation
    • d-pad support
    • AppToDate support (download AppToDate here)
    • use your own notifications sounds (WAV only)
    • use your own icons (PNG only)
    • you can change graphics and colors (registry only HKLM\Software\M_G\TouchWatch2\)

Usage:
    The usage is very simple. Just use fingertips to start or stop a timer (or press d-pad action). If you want to reset a timer, hold down your finger for 500ms (or press d-pad action for 500ms). To modify the settings of a timer, tab on the left side icon and the settings will open (or press d-pad left).

Installation:

Copy and run the CAB file on your device. You will find a shortcut to TouchWatch2 in your programs startmenu.

Screenshots:
    TouchWatch2_screen1.png
    TouchWatch2_screen3.png
    TouchWatch2_screen2.png

Tweaks
    You can find some more settings in your registry. HKLM\Software\M_G\TouchWatch2

S2U Users:
    If you are using Slide2Unlock there might be a problem if you switch off the device while a timer is running. S2U forces the device to suspend, but the device have to be in unattended mode to work properly.
    Take one of this possibilities:
    1. Uninstall S2U.
    2. or Never switch off the device while a timer is running.
    3. or Try to configure S2U like this (settings taken from G-Alarm Homepage):
    * Lock when screen is blank > off
    * Lock when backlight turns off > off
    * Power off in > off
    * But blank screen only > off
    * Blank screen on talk > off
    * Please check those settings on both "On battery power" and "On external power"

Version History:
    2.4.4:
    * Added icons for timer/stopwatch
    * Added sensor support for auto rotation
    * Added darker color for disabled timer/stopwatch
    * Added lithuanian translation (many thanks to cukierkas)

2.4.3:
    * Fixed polish translation errors
    * Added russian translation (many thanks to Ethermind)

2.4.2:
    * Added polish translation (many thanks to billyJ)
    * Added hungarian translation (many thanks to gidano)

2.4:
    * Added greek translation (many thanks to dancer_69)
    * Added czech translation (many thanks to Dr.Hadr)
    * Fixed AppToDate problem
    * Fixed landscape view
    * Changed default elapsed alarm cycles to 20 instead of 5
    * Added the ability to change LED ID for vibration via registry
    * Added clock (on last timer item if no timer is set)
    * Added some new sounds
    * Device isn't vibrating anymore at startup, if you deactivate vibrating response in the settings

2.34:
    * Increased graphics performance by 50%! Milliseconds updating faster now.
    * Slightly lower battery usage
    * Fixed a bug noticed by trids. If you long-click ("reset") on a timer that is not yet defined, then the app don't crashes anymore.

2.33:
    * Added AppToDate support.
    * Fixed font problem. Digital font was displaying in google maps and some other programs. This is a strange behavior of some programs which don't have set a explizit font for usage.

2.32:
    * Fixed WVGA fitting.
    * Added support for switching the device off while timer/stopwatch is running
    * Added S2U2 detection and automatic exception creation.

2.3:
    * Hopefully fixed screen fitting for WVGA devices

2.2:
    * Overall user interface speed and battery consumption is improved.
    * Added multilanguage support (English, German, Spanish, Italian, Dansk, French).
    * Added the possibility to change the timers description (like "Eggs" or "raise pot").
    * Added the possibility to change a timers value by keyboard.
    * Added a button to mute the elapsed alarm and let timer run.
    * Added easy access to the main features.
    * Hiding TouchWatch is now working correctly. If an alarm is playing, TouchWatch will come to front automatically.
    * Color change (and other tweaks) possible with registry editor (HKLM\Software\M_G\TouchWatch\).
    * Fixed sound bugs.
    * Removed custom taskbar. The windows default taskbar will do the job.

2.01b:
    * Added an option to select between application- or standard taskbar.
    * Fixed bug: Font directory not found at startup (DirectoryNotFoundException).

2.0b:
    * First beta release.

Support me with a donation for future developments:

Thank you!

No donations received so far. ;)

Download:
    You can update TouchWatch2 with AppToDate.
    TouchWatch2 v2.4.4 - CAB Installer

Translation:
    If you are interested to make a translation for TouchWatch, translate the following words please. Also corrections are welcome! I will then release it in one of the next version. Thank you very much.
    Code:
    OK
    Click
    Elapsed alarm - audio
    Elapsed alarm - vibrate
    Elapsed
    Hide
    Set alarm volume to maximum
    Remove
    Click response - audio
    Click response - vibrate
    Font was installed. Please restart TouchWatch.
    Slide2Unlock was found on your device. This program is known for causing timer problems. TouchWatch is now trying to adjust settings from S2U.
    Settings
    Stopwatch
    Timer
    Homepage