Votes: 989 64.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
I'm suffering from delays as well, hardly can enter the PIN after on-screen for a while. It might have improved a bit with 2.111 a little, but I'm not sure.

My assumption is that when the screen turns on suddenly a lot of apps with on-screen rules start accessing the internet at the same time. Maybe you could add a feature to give not all the apps access to the internet suddenly at the same time?
I don't think your assumption is right.

What is happening on screen on is that the app list is fetched and that all 'when screen on' rules are evaluated to see if something needs to be allowed. Delays are being caused by a slow CPU or by freeing memory if there is little memory free. There is not much that can be done to improve this (assuming the 'when screen on' rules need to stay).

Edit: try to disabled the setting "Apply 'when screen on' rules".

Last edited:

Extarys

Dec 31, 2014
Thanks for this great app! I was looking for a firewall for my new LG G6 without rooting.

How much do I need to donate and what is the donation method for the github version?

If I format my cellphone and you are lost on an island, how can I reactivate the pro features? Or is the challenge code attached to my device ID?

I will test a week before donating anyway.

Suggestion: would it be possible to size down the rows' height a little to fit more app on the screen? (Ie: AFwall+)

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Thanks for this great app! I was looking for a firewall for my new LG G6 without rooting.

How much do I need to donate and what is the donation method for the github version?

If I format my cellphone and you are lost on an island, how can I reactivate the pro features? Or is the challenge code attached to my device ID?

I will test a week before donating anyway.

Suggestion: would it be possible to size down the rows' height a little to fit more app on the screen? (Ie: AFwall+)
See here for the donation options: https://www.netguard.me

The minimum donation for the activation of all the pro features on one device is $ 5.50

You don't need a smartphone when you are lost on on island ;) , but yes the activation is connected to a device.

The row height is the default list item height your Android version defines. If I change this, somebody else is going to complain, so I am going to leave it like it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Extarys

Extarys

Dec 31, 2014
See here for the donation options: https://www.netguard.me

The minimum donation for the activation of all the pro features on one device is $ 5.50

You don't need a smartphone when you are lost on on island ;) , but yes the activation is connected to a device.

The row height is the default list item height your Android version defines. If I change this, somebody else is going to complain, so I am going to leave it like it is.

You are totally right.

For the island part, I was saying that if you were on an island you wouldn't be able to give us the response code if we bought a new phone while you are lost :p

So it is not Google Play style where 1 "license" cover all my devices? Or did I read that wrong?

Anyway I will buy 1 license for sure for my new phone.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

You can buy it by GooglePlay, so that your pro-features are sure, even if Marcel 'is lost on an island', and install later the Github version.

Oh I see. I'm sorry I missed your reply. Writing from xda app. When hes back I just give him the account email and the challenge code. Clever. :) (I'm too tired to think obviously)

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
You are totally right.

For the island part, I was saying that if you were on an island you wouldn't be able to give us the response code if we bought a new phone while you are lost :p

So it is not Google Play style where 1 "license" cover all my devices? Or did I read that wrong?

Anyway I will buy 1 license for sure for my new phone.
The number of activations depend on the donation amount, although I am generally generous in this.

Note that the minimum donation amount is significant lower than the Play store price.

If I am stuck on a island I hope you guys come rescue me. You'll at least get a free license for it ;)

Extarys

Dec 31, 2014
The number of activations depend on the donation amount, although I am generally generous in this.

Note that the minimum donation amount is significant lower than the Play store price.

If I am stuck on a island I hope you guys come rescue me. You'll at least get a free license for it ;)

Awesome! I'll bring some Pina Colada ;).
Thanks you are great

ik8vwa

Sep 23, 2008
if a website is using the same ip address to serve popup adds as the main feed how about enabling "no pop ups" on your browser or using one that blocks them by default like Firefox? I don't get pop ups on that website you linked to with Firefox.
I have blocked popups on Chrome for but they still appear. I will attach an example.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170720-065905.jpg
    Screenshot_20170720-065905.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 154

xrunner62

Jul 21, 2017
Moving from Grey Shirts NoRoot Firewall to NetGuard

I'm thinking of installing NetGuard and removing NoRoot from Grey Shirts. Since NetGuard doesn't use IP Tables is there any need to disable the current configuration before installing NetGuard? Do you have a set of recommended steps for moving from one to the other?

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
I'm thinking of installing NetGuard and removing NoRoot from Grey Shirts. Since NetGuard doesn't use IP Tables is there any need to disable the current configuration before installing NetGuard? Do you have a set of recommended steps for moving from one to the other?
You can just uninstall the one and install the other.

irmageddon

Jul 21, 2017
Google Store app updated: Consequences?

This night I received an update to the Play Store app (Damned!!) Today I observed that enabling that app in NetGuard only enables two coupled apps (the store app plus Google Play Services (the latter name translated)) whereas I'm certain it were four apps before. EDITED TO ADD: All numbers when list is filtered with the term "play".

In my mind, this looks like Google is aware of NetGuard disturbing their business and trying to do what they can to gather our data.

Which two other apps were coupled with the store app previously that I now have to deactivate by hand?
And can NetGuard help me in avoiding further store app updates (which my store app prefs obviously couldn't)?

Last edited:

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
This night I received an update to the Play Store app (Damned!!) Today I observed that enabling that app in NetGuard only enables two coupled apps (the store app plus Google Play Services (the latter name translated)) whereas I'm certain it were four apps before. In my mind, this looks like Google being aware of NetGuard disturbing their business and trying to do what they can to gather our data.

Which two other apps were coupled with the store app previously that I now have to deactivate by hand?
And can NetGuard help me in avoiding further store app updates (which my store app prefs obviously couldn't)?
NetGuard groups apps by uid, but Android assigns uids to apps, so not much can be done by NetGuard (although NetGuard has some built-in rules to prevent common trouble). Relevant FAQ: https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/blob/master/FAQ.md#FAQ31

Updates from the Play store cannot be prevented entirely, but you can disable automatic updates for NetGuard in the Play store app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ic_launcher.png

NetGuard provides simple and advanced ways to block access to the internet - no root required.
    Applications and addresses can individually be allowed or denied access to your Wi-Fi and/or mobile connection.

Blocking access to the internet can help:
    • reduce your data usage
    • save your battery
    • increase your privacy

Features:
    • Simple to use
    • No root required
    • 100% open source
    • No calling home
    • No tracking or analytics
    • No advertisements
    • Actively developed and supported
    • Android 5.1 and later supported
    • IPv4/IPv6 TCP/UDP supported
    • Tethering supported
    • Optionally allow when screen on
    • Optionally block when roaming
    • Optionally block system applications
    • Optionally forward ports, also to external addresses (not available if installed from the Play store)
    • Optionally notify when an application accesses the internet
    • Optionally record network usage per application per address
    • Optionally block ads using a hosts file (not available if installed from the Play store)
    • Material design theme with light and dark theme

PRO features
    • Log all outgoing traffic; search and filter access attempts; export PCAP files to analyze traffic
    • Allow/block individual addresses per application
    • New application notifications; configure NetGuard directly from the notification
    • Display network speed graph in a status bar notification
    • Select from five additional themes in both light and dark version

There is no other no-root firewall, except for clones, offering all these features.

This XDA thread is about using the latest version of NetGuard.
    Off topic comments are allowed as long they are related to NetGuard and are in the general interest of the followers of this thread.

Discussion of purchases is not allowed here, please contact me via here instead.

NetGuard is being maintained and community supported, but new features won't be added anymore.

For ad blocking, see here. Ad blocking is provide "as-is".

More information on Github:

Downloads:

Screenshots:
    101-main.png
    102-main-details.png

103-main-access.png
    108-notifications.png

For more screenshots, see here.
    I have just released stable version 2.39.

Changelog/download
    https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases/tag/2.39

This version will be available in the Play store after Google's approval.

Usage data sharing has been removed from this version.

The future of this project depends on the general support for this project. You can for example write something positive here or in the Play store, press the thanks button, donate something, purchase a pro feature or contribute translations or source code.
    NetGuard is currently in alpha testing phase.
    Please report any problems you encounter.

It would be nice if someone could design an appropriate icon.
    I have just released beta version 2.21.

Changelog/download:
    https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases/tag/2.21

This version will be available as beta version in the Play store after Google's approval.