[ROM] BeyondROM V1.5 [1/11/2020] [BTJ3] [Oct Patch] [G980F-G981B-G985F-G986B-G988B]

Search This thread

starbucks2010

Jun 30, 2010
[FONT=&quot]BeyondRom V1.5[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Based on G98xF(B)XXU5BTJ3 firmware[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Supported Devices: G980F, G981B, G985F, G986B and G988B[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

ROM Features

<*>Supported devices: G980F (S20), G981B (S20 5G), G985F (S20+), G986B (S20+ 5G) and G988B (S20 Ultra)</*>
<*>Base Android 10 G98xF(B)XXU5BTJ3 odex/deodex Oct 2020 patch level</*>
<*>Stock Samsung kernel</*>
<*>CSC features: call recording, data usage in quick panel, camera shutter sound menu, LTE Only option, real time network speed in statusbar, etc)</*>
[/FONT][FONT=&quot] <*>Knox partially removed and ROM light debloated</*>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]<*>Dual SIM + SD card mod, screenshots in secure apps allowed</*>[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] <*>Removed dm-verity, automatic encryption, proca & vaultkeeper services</*>
<*>Patched bluetooth lib for BT pairing</*>
<*>Few build.prop tweaks, SHealth fix</*>
<*>Warning boot screen removed[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot], custom boot animation[/FONT]</*>
<*>Automatic EFS backup</*>

Not working
[/FONT][FONT=&quot] <*>All knox related apps: Secure folder, Samsung Pay, Samsung AutoFill </*>[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Changelog v1.5[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]<*>Updated to Oct 2020 patch level </*>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]<*>Added support for S20 5G (G981B) </*>[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]<*>Fixed AppLock </*>[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Credits[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- John Wu for Magisk[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Oleg for libbluetooth fix[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- SuperR for the kitchen[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Ian Macdonald for S20 TWRP[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- All people who helped me with ROM testing (especially to Alan Thomas @ZonalRipper, Shauli @firefds and Ashley)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Download Links[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]G980F Link[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]G981B Link[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]G985F Link[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]G986B Link[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]G98BB Link[/FONT]
[/FONT]TWRP for S20

[FONT=&quot]Installation procedure[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

A. Coming from stock FW

[FONT=&quot]1) Download and c[/FONT][FONT=&quot]opy the BR v1.4 ROM zip into your external storage if you're encrypted[/FONT]

2) Download BTI6 stock FW for your phone model and unpack in your PC

3) Boot in download mode and load up Odin on PC
Please use standard USB to USB-C cable (not USB-C to USB-C) otherwise you will get issues flashing FW in Odin
Turn off Auto Reboot in Odin

4) Select files BL, AP, CP & HOME_CSC
**do not start flash yet

5) Get a copy of Ian's latest TWRP (twrp-z3s-3.4.0-1a12_ianmacd.img) and rename it to recovery.img. Add this recovery.img and the patched vbmeta.img to a .tar using 7zip.

6) Add the above TWRP .tar file containing the patched vbmeta.img into the USERDATA slot in Odin

7) Uncheck the auto reboot option in Odin and start the flashing

8) When flashing completes, hold Vol Down + Power buttons and then as soon as the screen goes black hold Vol Up + Power buttons to boot to recovery
*be warned first time you boot into recovery it will initialize and then reboot so just keep the buttons Vol Up + Power buttons pressed longer

9) When boot in TWRP, wipe your data if you're encrypted, flash BR1.4 zip and then reboot to system

10) Enjoy....

B. Coming from BR 1.4

[FONT=&quot]1) Download and c[/FONT][FONT=&quot]opy the BR v1.5 ROM zip into your internal/external storage[/FONT]
2) Make sure you are on latest Ian TWRP (twrp-z3s-3.4.0-1a18_ianmacd.img)
3) Boot in TWRP and flash BR1.5. Dirty flash from BR1.4 should be ok.

- [FONT=&quot]BR v1.5 will not boot on older firmware than BTH5 so make sure you follow the above guides (A or B depending your case)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- If you do a clean flash make sure you install canary magisk manager after flashing BR v1.5
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- If your internal storage is encrypted, wipe your data in TWRP before flashing the BeyondROM -- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Beware that your ENTIRE internal SD will be wiped.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- After the first boot, install Magisk Manager canary; when you'll start Magisk Manager for the first time, reply with YES (agree to reboot) after MM have setup your root environment.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Advises[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. Backup to PC all your important files: documents, pictures, contacts, SMS, etc. BEFORE starting to flash anything[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee (PayPal link)

Helpful links
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S20 series Root and FW upgrade[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BeyondROM Telegram chat[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TWRP for S20 Telegram chat[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] PayPal link

[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Happy flashing good people! :)
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Attachments

• vbmeta_patched.zip
    197 bytes · Views: 1,464
Last edited:

chieco

Jul 6, 2011
Thank You!

I hope this kicks off the development of TWRP and custom kernels.

Last edited:
Reactions: aldoblaga
I have s20 (g980F) rom installed on it with magisk canary and edxposed. It works very well. Ing belgium (bank) application also works

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200618-030757_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20200618-030757_Settings.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 4,347
  • Screenshot_20200618-031118.jpg
    Screenshot_20200618-031118.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 4,338

chieco

Jul 6, 2011
I have s20 (g980F) rom installed on it with magisk canary and edxposed. It works very well. Ing belgium (bank) application also works

This doesn't mean it will work with other banking apps! for example this banking app from Germany doesn't work. So it depends on your banking app.

Please let's don't become this thread about banking apps. It's about this rom.

Reactions: Kuba1996

aldoblaga

Dec 19, 2009
Cluj Napoca
Adamant I wasn't going to root ; Now theres an actual ROM I'm willing to be a Guinea Pig

Thanks ?? I'll drop some feedback
I m curious how u will feel after rooting. I m postponing it till some custom kernels surface for my g986b cause the gpu in exynos really needs an overhaul! The cpu is fine...a little behind the SD865 but the gpu really sucks. It s good for 5-10 mins of intense gaming and after that the phone gets soo toasty... but please try the rom and let me (and others) know how the rooting and general experience you had was.
Cheers

Reactions: know.i.dee

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
Farnborough
Correct me if I'm wrong. But doesnt Lineage Recovery have internal SD card issues - being that it's unable to read it. I may be wrong, but that was the situation the last time i checked...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [FONT=&quot]BeyondRom V1.5[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Based on G98xF(B)XXU5BTJ3 firmware[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Supported Devices: G980F, G981B, G985F, G986B and G988B[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

ROM Features

<*>Supported devices: G980F (S20), G981B (S20 5G), G985F (S20+), G986B (S20+ 5G) and G988B (S20 Ultra)</*>
    <*>Base Android 10 G98xF(B)XXU5BTJ3 odex/deodex Oct 2020 patch level</*>
    <*>Stock Samsung kernel</*>
    <*>CSC features: call recording, data usage in quick panel, camera shutter sound menu, LTE Only option, real time network speed in statusbar, etc)</*>
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot] <*>Knox partially removed and ROM light debloated</*>[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]<*>Dual SIM + SD card mod, screenshots in secure apps allowed</*>[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] <*>Removed dm-verity, automatic encryption, proca & vaultkeeper services</*>
    <*>Patched bluetooth lib for BT pairing</*>
    <*>Few build.prop tweaks, SHealth fix</*>
    <*>Warning boot screen removed[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot], custom boot animation[/FONT]</*>
    <*>Automatic EFS backup</*>

Not working
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot] <*>All knox related apps: Secure folder, Samsung Pay, Samsung AutoFill </*>[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Changelog v1.5[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]<*>Updated to Oct 2020 patch level </*>[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]<*>Added support for S20 5G (G981B) </*>[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]<*>Fixed AppLock </*>[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Credits[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- John Wu for Magisk[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Oleg for libbluetooth fix[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- SuperR for the kitchen[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Ian Macdonald for S20 TWRP[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- All people who helped me with ROM testing (especially to Alan Thomas @ZonalRipper, Shauli @firefds and Ashley)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Download Links[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]G980F Link[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]G981B Link[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]G985F Link[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]G986B Link[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]G98BB Link[/FONT]
    [/FONT]TWRP for S20

[FONT=&quot]Installation procedure[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

A. Coming from stock FW

[FONT=&quot]1) Download and c[/FONT][FONT=&quot]opy the BR v1.4 ROM zip into your external storage if you're encrypted[/FONT]

2) Download BTI6 stock FW for your phone model and unpack in your PC

3) Boot in download mode and load up Odin on PC
    Please use standard USB to USB-C cable (not USB-C to USB-C) otherwise you will get issues flashing FW in Odin
    Turn off Auto Reboot in Odin

4) Select files BL, AP, CP & HOME_CSC
    **do not start flash yet

5) Get a copy of Ian's latest TWRP (twrp-z3s-3.4.0-1a12_ianmacd.img) and rename it to recovery.img. Add this recovery.img and the patched vbmeta.img to a .tar using 7zip.

6) Add the above TWRP .tar file containing the patched vbmeta.img into the USERDATA slot in Odin

7) Uncheck the auto reboot option in Odin and start the flashing

8) When flashing completes, hold Vol Down + Power buttons and then as soon as the screen goes black hold Vol Up + Power buttons to boot to recovery
    *be warned first time you boot into recovery it will initialize and then reboot so just keep the buttons Vol Up + Power buttons pressed longer

9) When boot in TWRP, wipe your data if you're encrypted, flash BR1.4 zip and then reboot to system

10) Enjoy....

B. Coming from BR 1.4

[FONT=&quot]1) Download and c[/FONT][FONT=&quot]opy the BR v1.5 ROM zip into your internal/external storage[/FONT]
    2) Make sure you are on latest Ian TWRP (twrp-z3s-3.4.0-1a18_ianmacd.img)
    3) Boot in TWRP and flash BR1.5. Dirty flash from BR1.4 should be ok.

- [FONT=&quot]BR v1.5 will not boot on older firmware than BTH5 so make sure you follow the above guides (A or B depending your case)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- If you do a clean flash make sure you install canary magisk manager after flashing BR v1.5
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- If your internal storage is encrypted, wipe your data in TWRP before flashing the BeyondROM -- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Beware that your ENTIRE internal SD will be wiped.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- After the first boot, install Magisk Manager canary; when you'll start Magisk Manager for the first time, reply with YES (agree to reboot) after MM have setup your root environment.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Advises[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1. Backup to PC all your important files: documents, pictures, contacts, SMS, etc. BEFORE starting to flash anything[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2. If you like my work, consider buying me a coffee (PayPal link)

Helpful links
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]S20 series Root and FW upgrade[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]BeyondROM Telegram chat[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]TWRP for S20 Telegram chat[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] PayPal link

[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Happy flashing good people! :)
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    Same as others, I was successful installing the ROM in the following way:

Enter Recovery
    Format Data partition to clear encryption
    Select the ROM from external SDcard
    It finished install, and just by a few seconds it rebooted again into Recovery. From here I reboot the system, and it started just fine.

A few things I had to do after ROM install:

* Magisk Hide was not enabled, so CTS (SafetyNet) didn't pass and I couldn't install Netflix . Enabled Magisk Hide, and changed the package for Magisk + reboot seemed to solve all CTS problems. Now I could install Netflix and others just fine.
    * Netflix streaming still didn't work, so for this I installed the magisk module: `liboemcrypto disabler` . All good now.

I installed termux, and used it to disable a few packages I really didn't want (my own debloating). You can run the commands here from either Termux (but remember to run them as root), or ADB: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s10/how-to/galaxy-s10-s10-debloat-bloatware-t3912073

Props to starbucks20 for taking initiative to create this ROM. ✌
    Besides the recovery reboot bug fix there are some changes that required the flashing script adaptation. All roms have been tested with the new test lineage recovery and is ok. Once Jesse will publish it on xda I will update also this thread.
    In the mean time, you can download the stock ATFG fw bc you'll need it.