[ROM][NIGHTLY][GWK74/2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7 Nightly Builds

Search This thread
D

DeletedUser99284

Not vulnerable. The kernel CANNOT be modified that easily in unauthorised way (on kernel.org that is).
Google on how Git makes it impossible to edit past commits without having a warning.
Essentially, any change is rejected if the hashes don't match. If you change the code, hashes change and stop matching which in turn gives a warning. Then the offending code is examined closely or thrown out

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

DjoeN

Aug 10, 2010
Planet Earth
I recently installed #177 on a wildfire from a friend. (Full clean install, wiped everything (Recovery 5.0.2.0)
Since a few days his wildfire randomly reboots and all apps that require superuser crash, Superuser itself crashes also:

"App superuser (proces com.noshufou.android.su) has unexpected stopped, try again"

I tried to reïnstall su from the market, but that doesn't work.

Any ideas

(I guess the random reboots come from the broken SU app?)

enteringrunlevel5

Jul 20, 2011
Yorkshire
i had similar issues with a different rom. problem was that busybox was not properly installed (go terminal, type busybox and should get a list of commands).if not, do the busybox installer from market, install then do fix permissions from clockwork mod and reboot.

Sadly, if busybox is working ok you have different issues.

all the best.

Dark-Core

Jan 27, 2011
Cape Town
I recently installed #177 on a wildfire from a friend. (Full clean install, wiped everything (Recovery 5.0.2.0)
Since a few days his wildfire randomly reboots and all apps that require superuser crash, Superuser itself crashes also:

"App superuser (proces com.noshufou.android.su) has unexpected stopped, try again"

I tried to reïnstall su from the market, but that doesn't work.

Any ideas

(I guess the random reboots come from the broken SU app?)

I had the same issue when i upgraded to CWM 5.0.1.0 (without reflashing the ROM). Anything involving superuser crashed. after i flashed the ROM I was up and running again.

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
I had the same issue when i upgraded to CWM 5.0.1.0 (without reflashing the ROM). Anything involving superuser crashed. after i flashed the ROM I was up and running again.

Did you use Unrevoked to install the new CWM? In such cases, crashing of SU is normal, because Unrevoked installs its own version of Superuser (The icon changes), which clashes with the existing version.

Anyway, a reflash solves it, as you have found it.

Posthuman83

Dec 25, 2010
Oh, i so much like this mod. but my phone become so slow. slow respond on browser, market, status bar, sometimes i used to wait up to 30-45 sec to open sms or phonebook.
After flushing radio, my gps starts working fine and phne batt last up to 3 days in normal phone mode.
Should i roll-back to stable mode or to install again nightly builds?
____

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
Oh, i so much like this mod. but my phone become so slow. slow respond on browser, market, status bar, sometimes i used to wait up to 30-45 sec to open sms or phonebook.
After flushing radio, my gps starts working fine and phne batt last up to 3 days in normal phone mode.
Should i roll-back to stable mode or to install again nightly builds?
____

Try installing the Nightlies again (After a full wipe). They are much, much faster than the old stable version.

Reactions: Posthuman83

Dark-Core

Jan 27, 2011
Cape Town
Did you use Unrevoked to install the new CWM? In such cases, crashing of SU is normal, because Unrevoked installs its own version of Superuser (The icon changes), which clashes with the existing version.

Anyway, a reflash solves it, as you have found it.

Yip I used unrevoked. I didnt mind the reflash coz that was my excuse to upgrade to nightly 177 which is awesome. Still annoyed that I had to hunt down a old version of unrevoked, the newer one gave that dumb error.

steve_032

Jan 22, 2011
Oxford
I had this issue after updating my CWM using Unrevoked. I cleared app data for superuser permissions and all my problems were fixed! Might be worth a try for anyone else experiencing issues.

Posthuman83

Dec 25, 2010
just noticed, that i can not erase my data fully. in botloader i choose wipe/erase, erase cache, and dalvik, and format my sd. after intsalling ROM, i found some apps like Gosms, ang GoPhonebook etc installed.
how to make my phone completely virgin :)

___
fixed: my ext partition was not formatted!

Last edited:

kakarot_22

Aug 29, 2010
i have a big problem!

i cant use UOT with 177 , my phone gets bootloop after i aply the .zip

the .zip is correct and i know how to use the kitchen...

i cooked for wildfire rc7.1 but i got only bootloop... anybody knows something about that?

big tnx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ok, figured it made sense to start a new thread, so I'm able to update thread title and other stuff in OP.
    This is where to discuss nightly builds of CyanogenMod 7.

Download link for XDA app users

Download Google Apps

Changelog for buzz
    Changelog for nigtlies

Some useful info:
    How to obtain a system log

If you have any issues with GPS, 3G or any other network issues, try flashing the following radio firmware. NB, it's not possible to flash this zip from ClockworkMod 3, so if you have this version installed, use ROM Manager to flash it instead.

Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10.zip

Issues with Google Maps (blurry fonts, slow scrolling)? Look here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15218646&postcount=4

Here's the kernels used in the rom, in case someone needs to flash them manually. The 2.6.35 one is the standard included in the rom now, and the 2.6.32 is the one previously used. I'm attaching it here though, in case someone like to use it. They can be flashed in recovery.

View attachment buzz-kernel-2.6.32.zip (Updated 18.06.2011)
    View attachment buzz-kernel-2.6.35.zip (Updated 07.09.2011)
    On build 16, when putting the phone to sleep the image is kind of mirrored halfway for some reason before turning the screen off. E.g

screenshot_1331744914166.png

I find that turning the rotation sensor takes that green screen problem away after a while, please correct me if I am wrong .

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

I have also noticed this artefact, not sure why it does that. I think it has something to do with how the "screenshot/screen freeze" is taken, but this is way to complicated for me to adjust..

But what exactly do you mean with 'turning the rotation sensor'? I myself see that also, an it irritates me A LOT. But I have no idea why it does so, because, previously, it worked just normal. I would love to look in to it, but I don't have the time.

---------------------------------

As the nightlies don't seem to work, here is build 17, as an update to build 16

Changelog (in addition to build 16):
    • Error handling for Network Plugin API getContext
    • Error handling in WebViewCore::contentDraw
    • Cherry-pick WebKit r100677 to fix a rendering crash
    • Create Kineto-compatible AudioTrack::set and AudioRecord::set methods
    • Show PIN entry screen even if lockscreen is disabled.
    • Improve toast strings.
    • Hide SSN toasts by default.
    • Backport "disappearing SD media" fixes from CM9
    • Fixed Proprietary info feild skipping in Samuel Berube's voicemail notification
    • Fix soft keyboard appearing on dialer under certain conditions.
    • ext4: Fix image generation when size is exact multiple of block size

Please note that
    • The patch for an option for the rotation animation is applied
    • There is something strange with the rotation animation, turning green before rotating. I will have to look in to that and see what the problem is, but I don't have the time yet.

Download

All the best,
    Erwin
    Build 14

Build 14:

Notes:
    • Scrolling cache is DISabled by default if you're installing this build for the first time. Otherwise, nothing will change.
    • Rotation animations (from ICS) are DISabled. They can be enabled in CyanogenMod's settings (patch from Erwin, not merged yet).

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?df2t2sayzriyvkh

MD5 hash: 327294fffbc11d9eaabc16c102ff3b74

Changelog:
    • Fix display freeze happening when changing device orientation while screen is off. (android_frameworks_base)
    • cm: Add E739 (T-Mobile LG myTouch) (android_vendor_cyanogen)
    • libaudio-msm7x30: initial E739 audio support (android_hardware_msm7k)
    • Add notification type constants. (android_frameworks_base)
    • Fix entries of Digitel, Movistar, Movilnet (Venezuela) (android_vendor_cyanogen)
    • additional landscape layout for sim pin unlock (android_frameworks_base)
    • Furtherly fix up notification swipe handling. (android_frameworks_base)

Translations:
    • French translations are added/updated
    • Turkish translations are added/updated
    • Dutch translations are added/updated
    Here you all go:
    http://dev-host.org/hhnf1hour87c/cyanogen_buzz-ota-eng.root_2011.12.30_10h15.zip

First of all, all credit for this of course goes to the CyanogenMod team and Arco. I've done nothing more or less than syncing, building and renaming it. As the timestamp says, this is build after a sync yesterday at 10h15. This means that it contains all the changes of the nightlies changelog from the buttom till "camera_client: Stub configuration parameters used by recent CAF cameras (android_frameworks_base)" should be included.

I must stress out here that I AM NOT A DEVELOPER, so this is really on your own risk. If your device turns into Megatron, you are the only one that is responsible for the end of humanity. But this is from the original CM repository, and I flashed it on my device (without full wipe etc) already, so I think it should be safe.

If you want to thank someone, just go back to the first post and thank Arco: I wouldn't have been able to do it without him, what do I say, I wouldn't have even come close to it if it wasn't for him. He also thinks that the nightlies will start up soon, so I wont be doing this at a regular base. I just made it for myself, and thought to share it. Hope you guys enjoy :)
    Build 16, as an update to build 15

Changelog (in addition to build 15):
    • Add support for EXIF datetime on Qualcomm libcameras
    • T9 Dialer: View contact on long press on T9 results
    • toolbox: prefer busybox dmesg
    • Add build date to 'About phone'.
    • linker: optimize SysV ELF hash function
    • memmove: Fix the abuse of memcpy() for overlapping regions
    • update OI File Manager 1.1.6
    • Lots and lots of Dutch translations
    • The non-official merged option to enable/disable the rotation animation

Please note that
    • Everything with the rotation animation works now
    • The build date isn't correct, prob because of the fact that I don't always start building from scratch (takes too long), but only compile the files that have been modified since the last build.

Download

All the best,
    Erwin