UPDATED With Sprints response Sprint throttling "top 1% of ROAMERS" NOT normal users!

Search This thread

mattykinsx

Jul 7, 2010
UPDATED With Sprints response Sprint throttling "top 1% of ROAMERS" NOT normal users!

It's important to note that there's absolutely nothing I can do about the fact that it was reported, by multiple new sources, incorrectly.

I think that really speaks for the news sources that we all tend to go to on these forums.
Extremely biased, rarely fact checking.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...-falsely-advertising-its-unlimited-data-plan/

Thanks jyan_osu
Update: It seems the Dow Jones report left a key word out: roaming. Dan Hesse squeezed the word in there, suggesting that Sprint will only consider it abuse when you go data-crazy on a network that isn’t actually theirs (Hesse cites “a guy in his house in rural Montana” as an example)

http://techcrunch.com/2012/01/05/even-sprints-truly-unlimited-plan-isnt-truly-unlimited/

http://community.sprint.com/baw/com...th-no-throttling?ECID=SM:TW:20120106UnlimData

Reports that Sprint throttles the top one percent of data users are false. Here are the facts:
Sprint does not throttle any postpaid phone data users for on-network or off-network usage. Sprint is the only national carrier offering smartphone users truly unlimited data with no throttling, metering or overages while on the Sprint network.
Sprint does have terms and conditions which prohibit certain types of data use that may impair other customers' usage or harm or interfere with the network. At yesterday’s investor conference, Sprint CEO Dan Hesse was referring to Sprint’s right to terminate service of data abusers who violate Sprint’s terms and conditions. Customers who abuse our network by violating the terms and conditions will be contacted by Sprint in an effort to have the customer change their usage to comply with their subscriber agreement. Customers who do not change their usage and remain in violation of the terms and conditions may be subject to actions reserved by Sprint, including but not limited to termination. Consistent with our advertising, engaging in such uses will not result in throttling for customers on unlimited data-included plans for phones.

Last edited:

Whosdaman

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida
And you are going where? Sit back down....everyone else is way worse. Verizon has a lead right now in coverage but that'll be changing soon

tenaciousj

Jan 1, 2011
Michigan
Sprint really needs to step up their network if they're going to be doing what Verizon and ATT do. They can pull it off because their network is actually useful. If Sprint don't do something huge with their service by the summer time I'm going to bail.

Drumrocker

Oct 23, 2011
Wow..If they are already throttling and data speeds are STILL this terrible they have no chance of staying alive for much longer :(

Overstew

Oct 3, 2010
Did you click on link?
The point is sprints advertising no throttle but doing so , I think that's called false advertising lol
Verizon and AT&T have been advertising unlimited forever, but they throttle after 2GB. (now they switched to tiered plans, but you get the point.)

jyan_osu

Jan 13, 2007

Whosdaman

May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida
Ha! I knew it...they throttle Top 1% of Roaming Data users. Now stfu and sit down. Stupid media websites need to double check their **** first. This could have really hurt Sprint.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

It's known that Sprint has an 300 mb allowance of roaming data before you are flagged. Everyone knows that...

demo27vol1

I encourage them of throttling the top 1%. They are probably using more than 15 gigs of data anyways. I can barely manage to use 4gigs a month and that's because I have decent data speeds and I WiFi tether for some friends at school.

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
I recall the Evo 4G forums and all the bickering over sprint and throttling.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

sling

Aug 7, 2007
Va Beach / Hatteras NC
Update: It seems the Dow Jones report left a key word out: roaming. Dan Hesse squeezed the word in there, suggesting that Sprint will only consider it abuse when you go data-crazy on a network that isn’t actually theirs (Hesse cites “a guy in his house in rural Montana” as an example)

http://techcrunch.com/2012/01/05/even-sprints-truly-unlimited-plan-isnt-truly-unlimited/
Thanks

10char

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

No it's not please go read a book
No its not what?

Oh and change your Jr high school pic avatar

Top Liked Posts