[Q] Need to Downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 to Return to Stock

Search This thread

lihtsout

Sep 7, 2010
Detroit
I hoping I can get some clarification on this subject. I may have to take my phone into Sprint for either repair or new phone since it will not connect to the newly added 4G network in my area. So going back to stock my be needed for me to do so.

Since the RUU for the 4.4.2 update isn't available yet, is there a way to downgrade back to 4.3 so I can return back to stock? I did the OTA update in stock, then gained root access.

Does the process require me to turn S-Off? I'm currently S-On running Running Bad Boyz Sprint ONE KitKat v1.0.

If I go S-Off, is there a way to turn it back S-On? Not sure if Sprint will look at this setting.

Also, I have the update radio and hboot
HBOOT- 1.56.0000
RADIO- 1.00.20.1108
OS- 4.06.651.4

Will I have to downgrade my hboot as well?

Any help will be much appreciated:cool:

Kraizk

Jul 30, 2011
American Canyon
I hoping I can get some clarification on this subject. I may have to take my phone into Sprint for either repair or new phone since it will not connect to the newly added 4G network in my area. So going back to stock my be needed for me to do so.

Since the RUU for the 4.4.2 update isn't available yet, is there a way to downgrade back to 4.3 so I can return back to stock? I did the OTA update in stock, then gained root access.

Does the process require me to turn S-Off? I'm currently S-On running Running Bad Boyz Sprint ONE KitKat v1.0.

If I go S-Off, is there a way to turn it back S-On? Not sure if Sprint will look at this setting.

HBOOT- 1.56.0000
RADIO- 1.00.20.1108
OS- 4.06.651.4

You're S-On. Your only option is to perform a factory reset, flash the stock recovery and re-lock your bootloader.

Reactions: lihtsout

sonny5766

Nov 2, 2014
Hboot files

unlock recovery
install custom recovery
root
s-off with firewater
downgrade hboot to 1.55
relock bootloader
run RUU 4.3.

hi I just came across one of the Sprint HTC Max on 4.4.2 with 2.49 hboot. I'd like to unlock the phone but can't find a hboot file to downgrade. Currently s-off, rooted, TWRP and unlocked. It would be great if you could help a brotha out...:)

Thanks,
Sonny

ludatrick

May 17, 2007
Port-au-Prince
unlock bootloader
install custom recovery
root
s-off with firewater
downgrade hboot (check rumrunner website for hboot file)
relock bootloader
run RUU 4.3.
hi I just came across one of the Sprint HTC Max on 4.4.2 with 2.49 hboot. I'd like to unlock the phone but can't find a hboot file to downgrade. Currently s-off, rooted, TWRP and unlocked. It would be great if you could help a brotha out...:)

Thanks,
Sonny

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HBOOT- 1.56.0000
    RADIO- 1.00.20.1108
    OS- 4.06.651.4

You're S-On. Your only option is to perform a factory reset, flash the stock recovery and re-lock your bootloader.