Tident Aegis case

Search This thread

nxttruck2002

Apr 15, 2012
So I've been doing my research on what case to get my Amaze which arrives Tuesday. I went ahead and decided to purchase the Trident Aegis Blue. From what I've read it a strong and reliable case. The only complaint I've read that is important to me is the lack of three noise cancellation holes on back.

So like one member (don't remember his s/n) did I want to drill three nice little holes in the hard and rubber case yet I want it to still look nice and professional. I emailed Trident three times but they continue to ignore me.... Can anyone help me or give me advice on going about this procedure? I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 524
  • htc-amaze-4g-white-back-camera.jpg
    htc-amaze-4g-white-back-camera.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 480
  • htc-amaze-4g-battery.jpg
    htc-amaze-4g-battery.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:

ziggy46

Aug 18, 2011
Chambersburg, Pa
well the easiest way would be to map the hole's location onto the case by measuring the distance from the camera or lay the back cover of the phone in the case and use a needle to mark the hole's spot. (shouldnt be too hard)

then to drill through the plastic, just use a small drill bit for that. and go slow so the friction doesnt melt the plastic or mess up the drilling....

then for the silicone skin... just put the skin onto the plastic case and with hot needle (heat with lighter or something) just poke through the silicone

that should give the desired effect that your looking for :D

rubyman94

Nov 13, 2010
I love this case!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334499559932.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334499559932.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 369
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334499573314.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334499573314.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 390

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
Wish they made the outter cover different colors too.

Last edited:

nxttruck2002

Apr 15, 2012
Update!

So I finally received a reply back from Trident Cases in regards to the lack of three holes on the back case that we need. This is her reply:

Good afternoon,
We have fixed this issue, I apologize the pictures on our website do not reflect the change.

Best Regards,

Rosa Alcala
Department Coordinator

2029 South Business Parkway
Ontario, CA 91761

I have asked her to email me pictures on the updated cases. But for some reason I don't believe this....

imatrap

Jun 13, 2012
Called Trident, spoke with Kelly, and told me that if we wanted 2 more holes, we will have to email them & it will be forwarded to their design team.

The manager told Kelly to tell me that adding 2 more holes are not necessary when I first called.

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
Do you think they will offer an exchange from the old design to the new one? I hope so. This case was expensive.

It's Better To Fail At Originality
Than To Succeed In Imitation.
-Mighty Healthy

D

Deleted member 4321314

Yes, they do. Did you bought the case from Tridenteer? Kelly herself told me that if they updated the case, it can be exchanged within the one year warranty from the date of your purchase.

That would be perfect for me, I bought this case too 2 month ago and I really didn't like the fact that it didn't have the holes, so I ended up buying the ballistic case which in my opinion is way better that the trident, I mean don't get me wrong both are really good, but the ballistic feels way better, I still have the trident case for backup.

jvx333

Sep 6, 2011
Dallas
First silicone case goes on phone then top hard plastic , now this is tricky part the back part . Put right side on first then clip on left side

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

Top Liked Posts