[ROM] 09/06/12 | Fresh Evo LTE 5.3.1 | 2.13.651.1 | New OTA & Bug Fixes | Read More

Search This thread

flipzmode

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2009
geekfor.me
[ROM] 09/06/12 | Fresh Evo LTE 5.3.1 | 2.13.651.1 | New OTA & Bug Fixes | Read More

0bN4j.png

Geek For Me is proud to present:

Fresh Evo LTE 5.3.1

for your Sprint CDMA Evo 4g LTE!

HbZsX.png

Changes from 5.2.1 to 5.3.1:
  • Updated source to latest 2.13.651.1
    • This take it from Android 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 and updates it to Sense 4.1.
  • Re-applied all of the usual tweaks. See below for what those are and for thanks/credit. I’ll add in another special thanks to O.M.J
  • There are radio updates with this OTA. I recommend installing them. You can get those here. That is not my zip but I tested it and it works as expected.
  • NOTE: When you first boot this it will have the original button mappings and the “menu” bar will be at the bottom. Make sure you go in to settings > display gestures buttons > recent apps button > and set it to either the 2nd or 3rd one. this will remove the bar and make the recent apps button function as menu and as recent apps. needing to hack the system up to remap the buttons is no longer necessary after this update. you just have to make that change once after it boots.

Not every mod in this rom is outlined here if it was done in a previous version. Check the full change log here: http://link.geekfor.me/freshltechangelog

3oG0H.png

• Why am I getting FC’s on gmail/market/voice search/whatever?
    • FC’s can be a common issue when /system/app contains an app that you already have on /data/app. So if you get a FC on gmail, the market, or something similar, then it can generally be fixed 99.99% of the time by either wiping that particular apps data (Settings < Manage Applications < All < YOUR APP < Clear Data), or going in and uninstalling it which will actually force it to use the one /system/app.
    • Or, of course, can be fixed 100% of the time by doing a full data wipe before installing! I have verified this rom as 100% FC free (at boot at least) so if you have issues, it’s your particular setup.
  • What version of Android is this, it says 5.x?
    • This is version 5.x of Fresh Rom. The Android version is always in my change log and unless it’s tagged as a dev rom, will always be the newest official OTA, or possibly a beta tag for a leaked OTA.
  • What is the difference between /sdcard and /sdcard2?
    • /sdcard is the internal storage on the phone which is about 10gb and /sdcard2 is your actual sdcard. If you copy the rom.zip to the internal storage then it flashes a whole lot faster. To do that you can copy it over from TWRP (by mounting internal storage) or with your phone booted up select “Media Sync” after plugging in the usb as opposed to “Disk drive.”
  • Why can’t I flash the radio/firmware images? I get an error or it just doesn’t work.
    • You MUST be s-off in order to flash them.
  • Why is the “menu” bar back? How do I get rid of it?
    • When you first boot this it will have the original button mappings and the “menu” bar will be at the bottom. Make sure you go in to settings > display gestures buttons > recent apps button > and set it to either the 2nd or 3rd one. this will remove the bar and make the recent apps button function as menu and as recent apps. needing to hack the system up to remap the buttons is no longer necessary after this update. you just have to make that change once after it boots.

N4dO9.png

• I always listen to the community as a whole and if enough people want something then I will generally add it to my rom. So feel free to ask. However if it's something that only a few people want then I request that you do it yourself and submit a mod/theme/patch for the others to use! :)

Rmj8X.png

Install Notes: This update does not require a data wipe if you are on a stock-ish Sprint/Sense rom. If you are coming from another rom then a wipe may be required. Always perform a nandroid backup before flashing.

Donors: No change from the version you received.

I just want to use this spot to thank the community as a whole for the work they’ve done on this phone. Fresh Rom started with the Hero and through the Hero and the Evo it was “every man for himself” type of work. Starting with the Evo 3d and now especially with the Evo LTE, most people out there are sharing how they’ve done their work. This not only helps other people out (such as myself) but makes work much faster to modify new updates as they come out from Sprint/HTC. Thanks to the whole US customs BS and then wirefly taking forever, I got my phone about 2 weeks after a lot of people. This is also the first ICS-based rom I’ve done any work on. So I just wanted to give a sincere thank you to all the other developers out there.

OWrUl.png

• Post any questions/issues below
  • Post on my site at http://geekfor.me
  • Please don’t email or pm me directly for support as that doesn’t help the next person who has that question. I also get a ton of email. Thanks.
Fair warning: if you ask me something that is already answered in the forum, the change log, or these release notes, then I'm going to ignore it. Sorry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HHlFW.png

http://geekfor.me/lte/403/fresh-evo-lte-531

Radio: There are new radios with this update. Make sure to flash them. You must be s-off. I recommend the full firmware instead of just the baseband. Note that I didn’t create this zip, but I tested it and it works as expected. 2.13.651.1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

jdebutts

Sep 16, 2010
Winchester
Hell yeah .. thanks Flipz! Wouldnt be a proper EVO without some Fresssssshh Rom..

Btw been running it all day and its been wonderful and without issues!

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Reactions: Impulses

phantomevo77

Jun 11, 2010
AWWWW YEAH!!!!!! My first ROM i EVER flashed was Fresh on the OG Evo... SO HAPPY to be back!!!!!! So excited for this!

*ps donation sent ;)*

fr0st420

Apr 9, 2008
Kaukauna, WI
Thanks for this flipzmode. Installed it right after you sent the email. This Rom is smooth and fressssshhhhh

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Matt H

Jun 21, 2010
Virginia
Was running Fresh on my Evo ever since Fresh came out and still was up until two days ago.

Downloading now for my Evo LTE! Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

0bN4j.png

Geek For Me is proud to present:

Fresh Evo LTE 5.3.1

for your Sprint CDMA Evo 4g LTE!

HbZsX.png

Changes from 5.2.1 to 5.3.1:
    • Updated source to latest 2.13.651.1
      • This take it from Android 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 and updates it to Sense 4.1.
    • Re-applied all of the usual tweaks. See below for what those are and for thanks/credit. I’ll add in another special thanks to O.M.J
    • There are radio updates with this OTA. I recommend installing them. You can get those here. That is not my zip but I tested it and it works as expected.
    • NOTE: When you first boot this it will have the original button mappings and the “menu” bar will be at the bottom. Make sure you go in to settings > display gestures buttons > recent apps button > and set it to either the 2nd or 3rd one. this will remove the bar and make the recent apps button function as menu and as recent apps. needing to hack the system up to remap the buttons is no longer necessary after this update. you just have to make that change once after it boots.

Not every mod in this rom is outlined here if it was done in a previous version. Check the full change log here: http://link.geekfor.me/freshltechangelog

3oG0H.png

• Why am I getting FC’s on gmail/market/voice search/whatever?
      • FC’s can be a common issue when /system/app contains an app that you already have on /data/app. So if you get a FC on gmail, the market, or something similar, then it can generally be fixed 99.99% of the time by either wiping that particular apps data (Settings < Manage Applications < All < YOUR APP < Clear Data), or going in and uninstalling it which will actually force it to use the one /system/app.
      • Or, of course, can be fixed 100% of the time by doing a full data wipe before installing! I have verified this rom as 100% FC free (at boot at least) so if you have issues, it’s your particular setup.
    • What version of Android is this, it says 5.x?
      • This is version 5.x of Fresh Rom. The Android version is always in my change log and unless it’s tagged as a dev rom, will always be the newest official OTA, or possibly a beta tag for a leaked OTA.
    • What is the difference between /sdcard and /sdcard2?
      • /sdcard is the internal storage on the phone which is about 10gb and /sdcard2 is your actual sdcard. If you copy the rom.zip to the internal storage then it flashes a whole lot faster. To do that you can copy it over from TWRP (by mounting internal storage) or with your phone booted up select “Media Sync” after plugging in the usb as opposed to “Disk drive.”
    • Why can’t I flash the radio/firmware images? I get an error or it just doesn’t work.
      • You MUST be s-off in order to flash them.
    • Why is the “menu” bar back? How do I get rid of it?
      • When you first boot this it will have the original button mappings and the “menu” bar will be at the bottom. Make sure you go in to settings > display gestures buttons > recent apps button > and set it to either the 2nd or 3rd one. this will remove the bar and make the recent apps button function as menu and as recent apps. needing to hack the system up to remap the buttons is no longer necessary after this update. you just have to make that change once after it boots.

N4dO9.png

• I always listen to the community as a whole and if enough people want something then I will generally add it to my rom. So feel free to ask. However if it's something that only a few people want then I request that you do it yourself and submit a mod/theme/patch for the others to use! :)

Rmj8X.png

Install Notes: This update does not require a data wipe if you are on a stock-ish Sprint/Sense rom. If you are coming from another rom then a wipe may be required. Always perform a nandroid backup before flashing.

Donors: No change from the version you received.

I just want to use this spot to thank the community as a whole for the work they’ve done on this phone. Fresh Rom started with the Hero and through the Hero and the Evo it was “every man for himself” type of work. Starting with the Evo 3d and now especially with the Evo LTE, most people out there are sharing how they’ve done their work. This not only helps other people out (such as myself) but makes work much faster to modify new updates as they come out from Sprint/HTC. Thanks to the whole US customs BS and then wirefly taking forever, I got my phone about 2 weeks after a lot of people. This is also the first ICS-based rom I’ve done any work on. So I just wanted to give a sincere thank you to all the other developers out there.

OWrUl.png

• Post any questions/issues below
    • Post on my site at http://geekfor.me
    • Please don’t email or pm me directly for support as that doesn’t help the next person who has that question. I also get a ton of email. Thanks.
    Fair warning: if you ask me something that is already answered in the forum, the change log, or these release notes, then I'm going to ignore it. Sorry.

HHlFW.png

http://geekfor.me/lte/403/fresh-evo-lte-531

Radio: There are new radios with this update. Make sure to flash them. You must be s-off. I recommend the full firmware instead of just the baseband. Note that I didn’t create this zip, but I tested it and it works as expected. 2.13.651.1.

For the next release:
    • Just updated, nothing planned at this time.
    As was mentioned, goo.im had issues and lost a bunch of data, one of which was my rom. I got 5.1.1 re-uploaded for you all and I also just released the new update, 5.2.1.
    icon14.gif
    hey flipz, just a fyi, tune in in car mode doesnt work with the apk removed, or even with the pro version from the play store. at least it didnt for me, and had to re add it for it to work.

Thanks for the heads-up. I assumed it would work if someone were to reinstall it from the play store. I'll get it added back in.
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcoming. :) It's great to be back, and it seems the XDA community has really changed for the better in the last few months.

@flipz, your link to change log appears broken.

I think this is what you meant.

http://geekfor.me/lte/fresh-evo-lte-changelog/

Thanks for the heads up. I did want it to be one of my link.geekfor.me links (because I can see where the links are coming from) but I just had a typo in it. Fixed. :)

is there a way to map the recent apps button back recent apps instead of menu?

Recent apps can be gotten to by long pressing on home, the same as it has been on all HTC phones prior to the dedicated recent apps button. It can definitely be switched back with a mod. I hadn't tested Fresh Updater in ICS though and had planned on using Goo to save my bandwidth so I don't have a very easy way to distribute it to you guys. But I'll get one out to you when I get a chance.