X43Z60 + android = oovoo chat?

Search This thread

amendolaro1

Dec 25, 2011
so i ordered this for my daughter to video chat with family in different states. Bought used on ebay as she's young and made sure its the model with the front camera (X43Z60) I know as of now it will only work with Skype but if i install android (don't like the kindle OS anyway) can i use the front camera as normal? I'm guessing yes but don't want to be surprised after flashing.

thanks!

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Yes you can, I use it myself. If you want it for taking pictures you will need the nexus camera app if I remember right, if I remember right its not exactly a camera app but more of a forced shortcut to the actual camera that doesn't show up normally when a backside camera is not detected. Long story short it indeed works fine on other ROMs.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

SafinWasi

Dec 15, 2013
Unknown
so i ordered this for my daughter to video chat with family in different states. Bought used on ebay as she's young and made sure its the model with the front camera (X43Z60) I know as of now it will only work with Skype but if i install android (don't like the kindle OS anyway) can i use the front camera as normal? I'm guessing yes but don't want to be surprised after flashing.

thanks!

Yes,you can. @stunts513 In the latest unofficial build of CyanogenMod 11,the camera app is provided by default.