[Q] question about 5.7.906 sbf

Search This thread

MAD450r

Apr 25, 2010
Southington
ovelayer Thanks very much for your help fixing my droid 3

Thanks for the information. that helped me out alot. Im legally blind and got my replacement droid 3 and I tried to sbf before I noticed it was not the same version. I managed to get into the phone by holding up and down volume at bootup then chose tools and it then boots up the rom where I was able to have a freind read it to me.

I then did so much reading before I found this topic and low and behold there is a way back from my messup. I had the same sbf that messed me up then I extracted it and extracted your zip into it as well telling to overwrite old files it made it farther the first time but still failed so I then went to recovery and wiped data factory reset then reran rsdlite 5.6.4, and all went perfectly this time

So my one question not having anyone here to read version for me does this mean im still partially on 5.7.906 ? just curiouse I know im keeping this sbf around and I even rezipped and named the one I put your files into so I can find it easily next time.

Anyone else that flashed the official or like in my case got replacement phone with 5.7.906 on it this method will work if you end up messing something up. Im back up and running on ice cream sandwhich and this time seems to be running smoother, I put the latest nightly I could find on this time :)

still every now and then data drops but I either just click a few times in and row and it comes back on, if that doesn't work turn on airplane mode for a few seconds then turn it off and data should be back for you. Other than that im very happy with this release.

redsox985

Aug 30, 2011
PA
Now, I haven't tested this yet, as I have no need for it, but it's a 5.6.890 SBF with the necessary updated 5.7.906 files that allow bootloader etc. flashing, but with the 890 system. It's RSD Lite flashable, but you'll need to unzip with 7zip first.

http://bit.ly/KQ3sq5

Last edited:

{davros}

Feb 12, 2010
Worcester MA
www.droidconcepts.com
redsox.........

have you tryed your "sbf" files yet?

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

mmmm prolly not huh cant edit post for some reason.. stupid chromium.. ;)

ovelayer

Mar 19, 2011
spokane
So my one question not having anyone here to read version for me does this mean im still partially on 5.7.906 ? just curiouse I know im keeping this sbf around and I even rezipped and named the one I put your files into so I can find it easily next time.

I am not good at math but I would say you are 90% .890 and 10% .906.

redsox985

Aug 30, 2011
PA
redsox.........

have you tryed your "sbf" files yet?

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

mmmm prolly not huh cant edit post for some reason.. stupid chromium.. ;)

Nope. I haven't had a need for it currently. I went back to GB and have been loving it.

ovelayer

Mar 19, 2011
spokane
MAD450r its not a prob bro :D
I admit I am also back fondlein gb..few tweeks and kicks and gb runs nice
Sure wish team liberty would come release a 3.0 based off .906
But they are lost in the land of ics...:(

Tweeked liberty
screenshot-1338000854158.png

Last edited:

redsox985

Aug 30, 2011
PA
I miss Apex Launcher, too. But I've found Nemus Launcher to be kinda similar and pretty nice. With SafeStrap so popular now, it's rather rare to brick and need an SBF.

Top Liked Posts