Touch-IT WORKING wm6.5 BETA2 - build 5.2.21159.5.0.0 w/GUI - Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sitelister

Jun 2, 2006
Honestly I don't understand Microsoft's policy here. Why don't they allow users to "upgrade" to Windows Mobile 6.5? (this is a strategic question moreso than anything) -- I think I would be happy to purchase an upgrade to the version off their web site just like you can do for Apple's iPhone O/S.

It's so sad to see how they continuously miss out on marketing opportunities and disappoint their user base.

rajivgk

Oct 30, 2008
Honestly I don't understand Microsoft's policy here. Why don't they allow users to "upgrade" to Windows Mobile 6.5? (this is a strategic question moreso than anything) -- I think I would be happy to purchase an upgrade to the version off their web site just like you can do for Apple's iPhone O/S.

It's so sad to see how they continuously miss out on marketing opportunities and disappoint their user base.

most likely because their hardware partners want folks to buy new phones...btw, once you buy an iphone, you dont have to purchase anything new as far as OS is concerned...they push it out to you and you can download if you want to...

mkent_barbados

Jan 17, 2006
awww..I liked the beehive and the icon spacing looks kinda odd without the structure to 'explain' the layout...maybe since you figured out how to edit it you could just lighten it up a lot so its almost transparent?

Although, don't know what I am complaining about, the fact that you got it working is just fantastic!

sitelister

Jun 2, 2006
most likely because their hardware partners want folks to buy new phones...btw, once you buy an iphone, you dont have to purchase anything new as far as OS is concerned...they push it out to you and you can download if you want to...

Hardware partners will still have customers purchasing new phones because of hardware features (better/faster camera, bigger/better screen, <cough>better drivers</cough>, qwerty vs whatever, etc.). I've switched between 3 WM6.1 phones and it wasn't the OS that was driving it, it was the hardware. I like the custom UI capabilities (Panels, etc.), but those "addons" could, potentially, be additional software you can "purchase" at the store.

BTW: You do have to "upgrade" the OS for Apple's phones (iPhone to iPhone 3G).

memtronic

Oct 18, 2008
:D
X1 is my first WinMo. But, until now, i flashed it that i cannot remeber how many times :))
There are so many cooked ROMs.
First Win6.5 from itje wasn't so good (had several flaws).This one looks promising, especially for getting rid of TF3D. I'm sick of it.
Any1 tested it?
I don't want to change Xperiance 3.51(which is very good indeed - thanx itje) then revert to it.

mcbyte_it

Nov 24, 2008
A couple of hours ago i had to hard-reset so gave this beta a try:
  • The honeycomb seems nice, but slow
  • I like the new contacts view, a bit more finger friendly but still not enough.
  • I also like the new popup menus, bigger and colorful, anyway can be done in 6.1 with the advanced config.
  • in general it is slower, coreplayer 1.3 is too much laggy on files that played well before, yes, it is still beta
  • some apps don't work, as expected, such as NoData which says it is not signed or similar, does it need sdkcert?
  • spb apps work, but separately, for example i use spb pocketplus with tabs that include spbbackup and spb weather, i can run spb weather but it can't be detected in the pocket plus.
  • for me calendar is not working, unexpected error, while thumbcal opens but shows no events

I tried it, and it was nice to try an app that has just been announced yesterday :D Thanks itje
but i am going back to TouchIT-3.5 RC1

Attachments

• xperia-nodata.png
    xperia-nodata.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 326

ell82

Jul 19, 2005
www.windowsmobile.pl
I know that this new Today screen can be disabled by untick plugin in settings. But how to disable this horrible honeycomb? Im I missing something or I can't turn off it? Maybe by registry? I really don't like the new 'style' of WM 6.5 :-(

dedt

Jan 15, 2009
My mirror is always avaiable!

u/p= xda/xda

hey, i see that u have touch flo 3d in ur server. i want to install touch flo 3d on my xperia, but i want it as a panel and not an extention for the today screen, so i have downloaded the TF3DPanelInstaller.cab and now i need touch flo 3d, however on ur server, there are 2 types, TF3Dhd.cab and TF3DhdB2.rar. which is better for the xperia. Also, which add-on's do u recommend?

Thanks so much man...

JKingDev

Nov 3, 2006
So I'm guessing no zune music interface? Major disappointment. Thats what I was looking forward to the most.

*edit* and by that I certainly don't mean itje's work is a disappointment of course. It's amazing what you have done. MS is the disappointment here. Thanks for the ROM. I would try if I could spare my X1 for a few hours. Maybe some day when I need to hard reset. For now, Touch-IT Xperience v3.5 is running too smoothly for me want to tamper. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.