Possible fix for SMS problem on non-TW ROMs?

Search This thread

chameo53

Dec 26, 2010
Tannersville, Pa
I have been one of those unlucky verizon note 2 users in Pennsylvania who has been unable to send more than one SMS before it hangs and won't send. Haven't wanted to go back to a TW ROM since I think the AOSP ROMs perform better but going thru a reboot or dropping from LTE to just CMDA to send a text was too much of a pain. Tried several times to update the apns-conf.xml file using data from a 4.3 TW ROM but didn't make any difference.

Last night I flashed lacoursiere18's n 7105 4.4.2 KK PORT, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II ( everything but GPS worked great) and SMS worked with no issue.

Today I took the apns-Conf.xml from the N7105 4.4.2 ROM and replaced the one in the 5/17 Pac-man nightly and so far I have been successful sending multiple (over 10) SMS in a short period of time which I have not even able to do on any CM or AOSP ROM in weeks. Not sure if this is a fluke or not but wanted to share in any case. I figured since we had a TW 4.4.2 ROM with SMS that worked it was worth a try. Haven't tried to see if it works with Gummy, Liquid, AOKP, omni or CM but I'm hoping it might.

If you try this on another ROM please share your results with everyone. Also, don't forget to change permissions.

chameo53

Dec 26, 2010
Tannersville, Pa
Just curious where you are at in PA? I live in the Lehigh Valley and have never had any issues with sms.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I am up in the Poconos. I know that area codes 570 and 717 were the ones where some were affected - I expect you are probably in 610. There are several other threads that provide more details on those having issues and it is an issue that doesn't affect the stock Verizon or custom Touchwiz based ROMs.

michigan66

Mar 7, 2011
Easton, pa
Google Pixel 5
I am up in the Poconos. I know that area codes 570 and 717 were the ones where some were affected - I expect you are probably in 610. There are several other threads that provide more details on those having issues and it is an issue that doesn't affect the stock Verizon or custom Touchwiz based ROMs.

Yeah. I have seen all the postings about it. I just haven't seen the actual location that people are having problems in. It's weird that I don't have any problems and you do. I'm only about 10 miles from the southern part of the Poconos.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

DreamFX

Jan 1, 2011
I have been one of those unlucky verizon note 2 users in Pennsylvania who has been unable to send more than one SMS before it hangs and won't send. Haven't wanted to go back to a TW ROM since I think the AOSP ROMs perform better but going thru a reboot or dropping from LTE to just CMDA to send a text was too much of a pain. Tried several times to update the apns-conf.xml file using data from a 4.3 TW ROM but didn't make any difference.

Last night I flashed lacoursiere18's n 7105 4.4.2 KK PORT, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II ( everything but GPS worked great) and SMS worked with no issue.

Today I took the apns-Conf.xml from the N7105 4.4.2 ROM and replaced the one in the 5/17 Pac-man nightly and so far I have been successful sending multiple (over 10) SMS in a short period of time which I have not even able to do on any CM or AOSP ROM in weeks. Not sure if this is a fluke or not but wanted to share in any case. I figured since we had a TW 4.4.2 ROM with SMS that worked it was worth a try. Haven't tried to see if it works with Gummy, Liquid, AOKP, omni or CM but I'm hoping it might.

If you try this on another ROM please share your results with everyone. Also, don't forget to change permissions.

Here is the DreamFX Official Unofficial fix credits to lacoursiere18's first build that is considered to be the magic build to fix our SMS issue permanently. The funny thing is that texting doesn't even work in his first build but something with that is the magic sauce to fix our phones. Follow the below directions.

1.) Wipe everything raw
2.) Flash 4.4.2 TW Wip Build 1 and flash SuperSU 1.93
3.) Boot up and try to send a few texts. They will fail everytime as texting is broke in this build (but this is how the magic happens)
4.) Reboot, maybe try and send a few more texts again (again they will fail)
5.) Reboot into recovery and wipe everything raw
6.) Flash latest CM11 or any other AOSP rom
7.) Reboot and Profit!
1.) Wipe everything raw
3.) Boot up and try to send a few texts. They will fail everytime as texting is broke in this build (but this is how the magic happens)
6.) Flash lastest CM11 or any other AOSP rom
7.) Reboot and Profit!

PM me for the download links that I backed up of the build 1 and super su if your interested. It's not my rom to be posting public links.

Reactions: abay1289

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is the DreamFX Official Unofficial fix credits to lacoursiere18's first build that is considered to be the magic build to fix our SMS issue permanently. The funny thing is that texting doesn't even work in his first build but something with that is the magic sauce to fix our phones. Follow the below directions.

1.) Wipe everything raw
    6.) Flash latest CM11 or any other AOSP rom
    7.) Reboot and Profit!
    1.) Wipe everything raw
    6.) Flash lastest CM11 or any other AOSP rom
    7.) Reboot and Profit!

PM me for the download links that I backed up of the build 1 and super su if your interested. It's not my rom to be posting public links.