how did it get back to stock ? confused

Search This thread

emu123

Mar 15, 2011
hi
i have a nook hd and nook hd+

i installed cm10 on both systems using the permanent sd card method

the nook hd is used by my five year old and i heard her saying i am going to wipe minecraft

didnt think anything of it and tonight i powered up the nook and it has gone back to completely stock firmware

would the erase and wipe from the menu return it to stock even though cm was installed?

was i very lucky ? i didnt have a back up of the nook hd but i do have a back up of the hd+

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
hi
i have a nook hd and nook hd+

i installed cm10 on both systems using the permanent sd card method

the nook hd is used by my five year old and i heard her saying i am going to wipe minecraft

didnt think anything of it and tonight i powered up the nook and it has gone back to completely stock firmware

would the erase and wipe from the menu return it to stock even though cm was installed?

was i very lucky ? i didnt have a back up of the nook hd but i do have a back up of the hd+
I'm not sure what you mean by the permanent sd card method. Do you mean using an sd card to install CM permanently to internal memory? If that is what you meant and you did not install CWM to internal memory, then it is possible that she did something to make it fail on boot and keep trying and the 8 failed boot procedure would kick in and reset the device to stock. The 8 failed boot reset fails if you have CWM on internal memory.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

emu123

Mar 15, 2011
I'm not sure what you mean by the permanent sd card method. Do you mean using an sd card to install CM permanently to internal memory? If that is what you meant and you did not install CWM to internal memory, then it is possible that she did something to make it fail on boot and keep trying and the 8 failed boot procedure would kick in and reset the device to stock. The 8 failed boot reset fails if you have CWM on internal memory.

hi

i used this guide

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317500

didnt know about the 8 failed boot method , the nook was the wrong way round in the case and everytime it booted the power button was shutting it off

so it looks like its gone back to stock that way

ah i understand now , re reading the guide the cwm doesnt get installed to the internal memory only stays on the sd card

pretty handy for people wanting to get back to stock easily

Last edited:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
ah i understand now , re reading the guide the cwm doesnt get installed to the internal memory only stays on the sd card
If you read the guide carefully you will see that CWM does get installed on internal memory. It says to download and install three files and one of those three is CWM for internal.