[FIX] No Power Menu, No Lockscreen, Corrupt Efs FIX! Skyrocket and T989

Search This thread

jtgmg

Dec 11, 2013
finally worked out! GT- I9305

Many thanks to OP! YOU SAVED MY BACON!!!!

Samsung Galaxy S III LTE - I-9305

Method 2 - created keystr at efs/imei/

and then

su
echo -n ON>/efs/imei/keystr
sync
echo -n ON >> /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode
sync
reboot

I had a screen that woudn't go away, annoying one ate desktop of mobile.

Also lost IMEI and fixed with a flash Param_Bin, see quote: "Recovering IMEI And Data Connection After Flashing WRONG Root Package Intended For I9300:" at:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1946915

THANKS A LOT!!! I'll pay you guys some beers!

karan1778

Oct 28, 2012
Help with galaxy reverb.

Hi, I have a galaxy reverb, M950 that I bought with missing MEID/ESN.
I am having this same problem.

Can someone help me fix it?
I don't want to use it for calling or anything. Just using it as a multimedia device.
But I want the lockscreen to work.
It is working if I install the ICS rom but not on this JB rom.

Can someone help in any way?
Since I don't have a backup of EFS I cannot restore . Is there any other way I can fix the EFS?
I have tried this method of "keystr" file. But it doesn't work(most likely because itsnot galaxy S2).

Or can someone tell me how to compare which file(s) is responsible for the working lockscreen in ICS rom so that I can do it in JB rom?

migimantas

Oct 25, 2013
gs2 i9100 No Power Menu, No Lockscreen, Corrupt Efs

Hey I have the corrupt efs problem on my galaxy s2 i9100 there is No Power Menu, No Lockscreen, phone shuts down after just pressed power button. The imei shows null/null I have tried flashing official firmwares from sam mobile nothing helps. Is there a way to fix it ?

TheCybertronian

Oct 17, 2013
This isn't the I9100's section so heck if we know. Try the s2's threads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

NM

Nov 11, 2013
Paris
www.tutoriels-android.com
Here is what worked for me...

If your phone shuts straight down after pressing the power button and your have no lock screen, read below for solution. Before you do any of this, please note that this was caused by the note radio, aka uclc5, and if u still have it, please remove it! Also causes include a corrupt efs partition. This guide will help to restore key files important to the operation of your phone

There are three methods available. The first and second one are recommended. If you are uncomfortable with adb and command prompt please use method one

UPDATE: This has been confirmed as working on T989!

WARNING!
Method 3 is only to be used if one and two fail, or if you are positive your efs is corrupt!

Original source for solution, with a few method changes by me:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1438451

METHOD ONE

1.) Use busy box installer from the market and re-install even if u have it working

2.) If step one doesn't work, install super su updater, and update it, then try step one again.

3.) Boot into cwm and dark side wipe 3x

4.) Flash rooted 2.3.5 from thread below

5.) Boot into rom and install root explorer

6). Navigate to /efs/imei/

7.) Press menu and select new file

8.) Name it "keystr" exactly as in quotes

9.) Long press keystr and select edit in text editor

10.) Type "ON" and press back, selecting save.

11.) Reboot and make sure keystr file is still present.

12.) Now u have a few options. U can flash ics back using either Odin one click (UCLA4 or UCLD2), but I don't recommend this. Flash one of the ics roms from the development section, we have great devs!

Rooted 2.3.5 zip:
http://d-h.st/ce75z460t847

METHOD TWO

1.) You must have the Samsung drivers installed for the skyrocket, available from here:
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...ng_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.14.0.exe

2.) Once installed, download the attached zip, its a copy of ADB with the needed file inside

3.) Unzip to any location

4.) Boot phone into cwm

5.) Go into Mounts and Storage, and select "mount /efs". Once done connect usb cable to phone and computer

6.) Open command prompt and navigate to the unzipped adb. Issue the following command "adb devices" it should list phone

7.) Now issue the following command "adb push keystr /efs/imei"

8.) Reboot phone and check presence of keystr file in /efs/imei directory with Root Explorer

METHOD 3
Flash attached EFSFix.zip in cwm and reboot.

A SPECIAL THANKS AND SHOUT OUT TO:
mahausrath and Colombiano80 for providing the efs dumps i needed
cmbrown for being a faithful tester!

After quite a long search and a lot of worries, I finally found THE solution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8dbrerUacw

how to get out of factory mode for a s4 but it worked on my N7105

- efs/factoryApp/factorymode/ouvrir avec/editeur de texte/ON
- efs/factoryApp/keystr/ouvrir avec/editeur de texte/ON

Reactions: xbilisx

Indomastone

Dec 2, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
No lucky for me

Sorry for bring back an old discussion, but, I have no lucky with my I727.
I buy him used and with no imei already.
so, I flash different roms, do everything I found on the web... (except the method 1 in this post, 'cause the 2.3.5 file is missing)
I think the board has a problem.
today I have a cm9 running in device, with phil's recovery, I don't mind to flash the retail rom or wipe everything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If your phone shuts straight down after pressing the power button and your have no lock screen, read below for solution. Before you do any of this, please note that this was caused by the note radio, aka uclc5, and if u still have it, please remove it! Also causes include a corrupt efs partition. This guide will help to restore key files important to the operation of your phone

There are three methods available. The first and second one are recommended. If you are uncomfortable with adb and command prompt please use method one

UPDATE: This has been confirmed as working on T989!

WARNING!
    Method 3 is only to be used if one and two fail, or if you are positive your efs is corrupt!

Original source for solution, with a few method changes by me:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1438451

METHOD ONE

1.) Use busy box installer from the market and re-install even if u have it working

2.) If step one doesn't work, install super su updater, and update it, then try step one again.

3.) Boot into cwm and dark side wipe 3x

4.) Flash rooted 2.3.5 from thread below

5.) Boot into rom and install root explorer

6). Navigate to /efs/imei/

7.) Press menu and select new file

8.) Name it "keystr" exactly as in quotes

9.) Long press keystr and select edit in text editor

10.) Type "ON" and press back, selecting save.

11.) Reboot and make sure keystr file is still present.

12.) Now u have a few options. U can flash ics back using either Odin one click (UCLA4 or UCLD2), but I don't recommend this. Flash one of the ics roms from the development section, we have great devs!

Rooted 2.3.5 zip:
    http://d-h.st/ce75z460t847

METHOD TWO

1.) You must have the Samsung drivers installed for the skyrocket, available from here:
    http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...ng_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.14.0.exe

2.) Once installed, download the attached zip, its a copy of ADB with the needed file inside

3.) Unzip to any location

4.) Boot phone into cwm

5.) Go into Mounts and Storage, and select "mount /efs". Once done connect usb cable to phone and computer

6.) Open command prompt and navigate to the unzipped adb. Issue the following command "adb devices" it should list phone

7.) Now issue the following command "adb push keystr /efs/imei"

8.) Reboot phone and check presence of keystr file in /efs/imei directory with Root Explorer

METHOD 3
    Flash attached EFSFix.zip in cwm and reboot.

A SPECIAL THANKS AND SHOUT OUT TO:
    mahausrath and Colombiano80 for providing the efs dumps i needed
    cmbrown for being a faithful tester!

hopefully we get some other biters soon, i'd like to double confirm its working lol
    k, im gonna have to take some time and think this through.
    working with iceknight as i have a stock/unrooted phone. hope i can help you guys fix your issues.
    I tried doing this and it still did not work.

I copied the imei folder to root of SD Card. Then created the keystr file and edited it ( it created the keystr & bak file just fine ). Then I tried copying the folder back to the efs folder location ( it told me it was sucessfull, however when I went into the imei folder, it still did not have the keystr file in there ( it only copied keystr.bak ).. I have a feeling there already exists a keystr file in there that may be corrupt or something.

I even tried deleting the whole imei folder ( it said it was sucessful, but as soon as I went up one directory and came back, the imei folder was still there ) - like its permanently stuck in read only mode.

as I've already said, YOU have a corrupt efs, along with some others. U were the unfortunate few who really screwed up there phone with note radio. I'm working on a fix, hang tight. I know no lock screen and lack of power menu are annoying, but your phone still works.