ISETool.exe and all IsolatedStorage Explorer Tools suddently stopped working -> "Smar

Search This thread

detrexer

Apr 2, 2011
ISETool.exe and all IsolatedStorage Explorer Tools suddently stopped working -> "Smar

am currently on the edge of madness with regards to the IsolatedStorage Explorer Tools. I've been using http://isostorespy.codeplex.com/ for month now without any problems but today it just suddently stopped working. After a bit of research i found that the command line version "ISETool.exe" also crashes without any explanation (see Screenshot)

M6eEn.png

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro x64. Does anyone know what the **** is going on with this and how i can fix it?

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Did you upgrade your phone to WP8.1 or is it still on an 8.0 version? Have you tried reinstalling (or installing a newer copy of) the WP SDK?

Also, I can't translate the exception message, so I really don't know what the problem is aside from the self-explanatory nature of a "DeviceNotFoundException". Can you see the device with other tools (XapDeploy, WPPT, etc.) and for that matter does it show up in Explorer?

detrexer

Apr 2, 2011
Did you upgrade your phone to WP8.1 or is it still on an 8.0 version? Have you tried reinstalling (or installing a newer copy of) the WP SDK?

Also, I can't translate the exception message, so I really don't know what the problem is aside from the self-explanatory nature of a "DeviceNotFoundException". Can you see the device with other tools (XapDeploy, WPPT, etc.) and for that matter does it show up in Explorer?

Hey,

thank you for your reply. I am running WP8.0 and haven't upgraded yet. Repairing my Visual Studio 12 SDK didn't help, i am currently trying to install the 2013 version.

> Can you see the device with other tools (XapDeploy, WPPT, etc.) and for that matter does it show up in Explorer?

Yes it shows in the explorer and i can use it to run/debug my applications, Only getting access to iso storage doesn't help

th0mas96

Nov 23, 2012
I'm getting similar errors too. After a while I just started using Windows Phone Power Tools, it can do the same and it works for me..

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Very odd. WPPT uses the same APIs as ISETool and (presumably, though I haven't checked) isostorespy. Hope it works for you, in the mean time I am not sure what the solution is.