[Req] cm7 for wave 1&2

Search This thread

karan1719

Dec 11, 2012
I have created this thread for requesting the devs for compiling cm7 ROM for our wave's device
As everybody knows that wave has very less ram and in jb and kitkat ROMs after installing several apps and gapps it lags like hell
so if anybody can build cm7 for waves it will be appreciated for devs it will not take much effort so please make it

BLOOD_ANGEL

Dec 26, 2012
A Early build You can find
AT this Forum its froyo

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

Galaxy3HELL

Nov 11, 2012
Prnjavor
u can download official cm7 sources and there are many compress sources across 200 to 300 mb
u can compile it inlinux

well i have knowledge in porting ROM, it would be easy to port bettwen i9000 and s8500, just edit kernel, keys, build.prop and some google codes.. but i dont have testdevice, i to brick phone is very easy with this :)

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble
If you use badadroid as basis, you can't brick the phone since it do everything on virtual partitions...
But it need to adapt all the work oine by the badadroid team on a GB kernel
Maybe possible to use Oleg froyo sourrces, update to GB and backport all new things from badadroid (wave 2 compatibility,modem,wifi,gps...)

karan1719

Dec 11, 2012
I think GB also work with 3.x kernel so there is nothing to worried cause jb and kitkat also uses same version of kernel

Fidelator

Jul 25, 2011
Now, this is interesting, given the amount of RAM we have nothing would run better than GB.

TheBasterd

Jan 10, 2014
Hell
Hmm.. true story

Now, this is interesting, given the amount of RAM we have nothing would run better than GB.

I have one really wierd question that might piss off some badroid devs, and I am very sorry about that. But, why was kitkat ported to Wave and not JB ot GB? I mean, low RAM is really a bad problem and with GApps, the lag is a bit anoying.

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble
I have one really wierd question that might piss off some badroid devs, and I am very sorry about that. But, why was kitkat ported to Wave and not JB ot GB? I mean, low RAM is really a bad problem and with GApps, the lag is a bit anoying.

Jb has been ported to wave, (Android 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3) but are not updated (see old badadroid threads) (GPS is only on 4.4 i think, maybe on 4.3).
Also, ICS has been ported to wave 1 by mike (that's the beginning of Badadroid project), upgrading the GB kernel from Oleg, if i remember correclty (that's old). But in Mike ICS or Oleg GB, only wave 1 is supported, and there is no network.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Silkmeister1

black0000

Mar 6, 2013
mumbai
kitkat is big joke from google
even wave2(ics) is faster than note2(kitkat)
google was saying at the time of release of kitkat that it is optimised for low ram device
but its very hard to find anything running official kitkat with less than 1 gb ram

Fidelator

Jul 25, 2011
BTW to my understanding virtual RAM partitions on solid storage are very likely to damage it if I'm not wrong.

And yeah, KKs main goal was to fix the nonsensical performance hit taken from the 4.3 update, IMO they could have done even better by trying to optimize it for even lower end hardware, such changes would be noted around the whole device lineup, still its noticeably better than 4.3 and pretty close to 4.2/4.1 levels

TheBasterd

Jan 10, 2014
Hell
BTW to my understanding virtual RAM partitions on solid storage are very likely to damage it if I'm not wrong.

And yeah, KKs main goal was to fix the nonsensical performance hit taken from the 4.3 update, IMO they could have done even better by trying to optimize it for even lower end hardware, such changes would be noted around the whole device lineup, still its noticeably better than 4.3 and pretty close to 4.2/4.1 levels

WTF! Really? How so? Could you explain please?

TheBasterd

Jan 10, 2014
Hell
zRam doesn't damage nand or SD, but swap does.
zRam use real RAM and compress it, but swap create file on SD or Nand, and constantly write on it.
Flash memory have a limited write lifetime (like SSD), so, using swap is not good for flash memory.
Not dangerous, but it use it faster.

But, I did not make the swap file on SD card, but in the internal partition of bada, that is the bada_app or something like that. All I know is that it is in the internal memory, so if I use it, will it damage it ?

Fidelator

Jul 25, 2011
But, I did not make the swap file on SD card, but in the internal partition of bada, that is the bada_app or something like that. All I know is that it is in the internal memory, so if I use it, will it damage it ?

Yeah, as BenzoX said, use a microSD for the swap partition, if you kill the internal storage you'll probably be screwed.

Reactions: TheBasterd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Jb has been ported to wave, (Android 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3) but are not updated (see old badadroid threads) (GPS is only on 4.4 i think, maybe on 4.3).
    Also, ICS has been ported to wave 1 by mike (that's the beginning of Badadroid project), upgrading the GB kernel from Oleg, if i remember correclty (that's old). But in Mike ICS or Oleg GB, only wave 1 is supported, and there is no network.
    WTF! Really? How so? Could you explain please?

zRam doesn't damage nand or SD, but swap does.
    zRam use real RAM and compress it, but swap create file on SD or Nand, and constantly write on it.
    Flash memory have a limited write lifetime (like SSD), so, using swap is not good for flash memory.
    Not dangerous, but it use it faster.

It's flash memory, so yes.

Yeah, as BenzoX said, use a microSD for the swap partition, if you kill the internal storage you'll probably be screwed.