Liquidsmooth KitKat rom sdcard problem

Search This thread

Frazercrib

Jul 15, 2013
Lagos
I can't seem to move apps to the internal sd(16gb),because the sdcard0 tray in settings/app is not present, but when I mount usb storage on my pc, the storage is present,even on file managers
Help pls :(

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1407186205697.jpg
    1407186205697.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 48

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
I can't seem to move apps to the internal sd(16gb),because the sdcard0 tray in settings/app is not present, but when I mount usb storage on my pc, the storage is present,even on file managers

You can't exactly... the "internal storage" in your screen shot is the /data partition for installing applications, that is the normal place apps go. Under normal circumstances you cannot install apps to your internal (12.5GB) storage, it is considered external storage to the operating system, hence why it is in /sdcard0 and your real microSD card is /sdcard1. To use these areas for apps you must use a tool like App2SD, Link2SD, or similar app, and only some apps can be moved, if it has a widget it cannot be moved and there are a few other rules that it will ward you about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frazercrib

Frazercrib

Jul 15, 2013
Lagos
Okay.... So I did what you said and tried link2sd, but when moving apps to SD I get an 'INSUFFICIENT STORAGE ERROR'
And isn't there suppose to be an 'move to SD card' option in this app?

Attachments

• 1407310916875.jpg
    1407310916875.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 30

acejavelin

No, not in KitKat anyways, it doesn't have the SD card support that ICS had, Google hates SD cards for some reason, and has been limiting SD card support more and more in each Android version since Ice Cream Sandwich.

As far as the error in Link2SD, not sure, I haven't used it in years... Sorry.

Frazercrib

Jul 15, 2013
Lagos
I can be able to move apps to sdcard0 on omni kitkat rom...guess I'll stick 2 it,other kitkat roms excluding liquidsmooth and omni are a bit laggy

netookska05

Jan 28, 2013
Albuquerque
I can be able to move apps to sdcard0 on omni kitkat rom...guess I'll stick 2 it,other kitkat roms excluding liquidsmooth and omni are a bit laggy

Sounds like you need to format the internal storage then mount it and just for good measure backup the external and format that and then mount too. I had a similar problem and when I did this all is well. I hope this helps.

Frazercrib

Jul 15, 2013
Lagos
Still a no show

Sent from my HTC Rezound using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1407406743646.jpg
    1407406743646.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 37
  • 1407406764892.jpg
    1407406764892.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 1407406788139.jpg
    1407406788139.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 29

sexyleigho

Dec 1, 2013
Format internal

Sounds like you need to format the internal storage then mount it and just for good measure backup the external and format that and then mount too. I had a similar problem and when I did this all is well. I hope this helps.

How do you go about formatting the internal sd card. I just went from 4.2 to 4.4.4 and now TWRP and CWM recoveries will not mount and recognize the internal card. I can't even access the internal card to format it or anything else. How do I go about fixing this. 4.4.4 is pretty sweet.

sexyleigho

Dec 1, 2013
Settings, Storage and Erase Internal SD card

Thanks for getting back to me.

The problem is the real internal storage is unmountable on my phone. My external sd card it appears to be partitioned as the system and external storage sd cards. There is no sdcard0.

The internal emmc card is unaccessible even in recovery.

acejavelin

Thanks for getting back to me.

The problem is the real internal storage is unmountable on my phone. My external sd card it appears to be partitioned as the system and external storage sd cards. There is no sdcard0.

The internal emmc card is unaccessible even in recovery.
Are you S-Off? RUN usually brings it back... The exe version...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 using Tapatalk

sexyleigho

Dec 1, 2013
Sorry... autocorrect fail... RUU

Oh got ya. I tried researching a little bit and didn't find the info I was looking for. Could you please be a little more specific. What steps would I need to go through to do this. Right now I'm running 4.4.4 Pac-Man with the internal SD card issues.

I found the RUU's here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2094412&page=2

But what do I do with the exe?

I really appreciate all the help you can give! Thanks...

acejavelin

Oh got ya. I tried researching a little bit and didn't find the info I was looking for. Could you please be a little more specific. What steps would I need to go through to do this. Right now I'm running 4.4.4 Pac-Man with the internal SD card issues.

I found the RUU's here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2094412&page=2

But what do I do with the exe?

I really appreciate all the help you can give! Thanks...
The reality is you should really perform the full downgrade/upgrade procedure here...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2509770

Frazercrib

Jul 15, 2013
Lagos
Seems this little problem is only on liquidsmooth and carbon rom...I saw a post about partitioning/format sdcard/emmc before flashing the rom...I'll try that tonight.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can't exactly... the "internal storage" in your screen shot is the /data partition for installing applications, that is the normal place apps go. Under normal circumstances you cannot install apps to your internal (12.5GB) storage, it is considered external storage to the operating system, hence why it is in /sdcard0 and your real microSD card is /sdcard1. To use these areas for apps you must use a tool like App2SD, Link2SD, or similar app, and only some apps can be moved, if it has a widget it cannot be moved and there are a few other rules that it will ward you about.
    The reality is you should really perform the full downgrade/upgrade procedure here...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2509770

Will try this...maybe this is what I've been looking for

Sent from my HTC Rezound using XDA Premium 4 mobile app