Missing Apps (The reason why inside)

Search This thread

thedalmeny

Jul 27, 2008
Basically i've been doing some research online and now know why some apps are not appearing on Android Marketplace..

HTC Desire is brand new - we (T-Mobile users) - have gotten it a good 2 weeks before official retail release (as it has now been delayed till April 7th)

Apparently copy protected apps will not appear on the marketplace until the firmware is approved - since i'm guessing these HTC Desires from T-Mobile probabley only got updated 1/2 days before we actually got them (seems logical since some people received pre release firmware ones).. It'll probabley be a couple of days or until April 7th till copy protected apps appear.

Write emails to HTC and T-Mobile - so they're also aware of this.

It happened to the Hero at one point aswell with a new firmware upgrade, everyone updated and it took a few days for copy protected apps to appear.

Hope that answers a few questions :).

Last edited:

irkan

Nov 26, 2009
Basically i've been doing some research online and now know why some apps are not appearing on Android Marketplace..

HTC Desire is brand new - we (T-Mobile users) - have gotten it a good 2 weeks before official retail release (as it has now been delayed till April 7th)

Apparently copy protected apps will not appear on the marketplace until the firmware is approved - since i'm guessing these HTC Desires from T-Mobile probabley only got updated 1/2 days before we actually got them (seems logical since some people received pre release firmware ones).. It'll probabley be a couple of days or until April 7th till copy protected apps appear.

Write emails to HTC and T-Mobile - so they're also aware of this.

It happened to the Hero at one point aswell with a new firmware upgrade, everyone updated and it took a few days for copy protected apps to appear.

Hope that answers a few questions :).

good analysis, thanx for sharing