Unroot from Super OneClick

Search This thread

runeblade

Mar 2, 2009
Alright guys....Need help. How do I unroot from Super OneClick. I have the official TMobile 2.2 ROM as OTA..however it's failing because its checking to see if its rooted. Pleasant. :) So If someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

runeblade

Mar 2, 2009
Yup. 100% Sure. 112MB file download. File is called Blur_Version.3.6.360.MB525.T-Mobile.en.US.zip with a Blur_Version.3.6.360.MB525.T-Mobile.en.US.crc file as well. Build.prop indicates that it is 2.2.1 /3.4.2-107-JDN-9/34.4.9. Getting completely hung up on this Status 7 error though. It is picky as hell, and I don't have a out of the box backup I can use to try as stock. It is definitely checking files though. It's like christmas and staring at your presents knowing what it is, but you can't unwrap it. Uggh!!

Root can't be your problem. I've updated to that release; Android 2.2.1, Blur 34.4.9, Build # 3.4.2.107_IDN-9, while my system was rooted. My phone was quite customized (Go Launcher with some "foreign" widgets and no Blur apps/widgets except for the Email app to get at my work e-mail) and everything came up OK. I was rather surprized how smoothly it all went. All my data (seemed to be mostly e-mail) had to be re-synched (this happened automatically), and it took one reboot to clear a message about non-Moto battery that was displayed after the first boot. Basically it all is where it was, except, of course, for root (I tried the latest, 1.7, SuperOneClick but it's looping no matter what I do).

Good luck.

[Added]
Well, well. It turned out that even though it seemed that SuperOneClick was failing (looping at trying to mount a partition R/O) it actually it did it's job! I just fired up RootExplorer and lo and behold a confirmation from Superuser for root popped up, got accepted, and I can start renaming the bloatware again. Woo hoo!

Last edited:

runeblade

Mar 2, 2009
For me it ended up being the root. I was able to unroot with Z4root, and as soon as I did no more issues. I ended up saying screw it and wiped my phone all the way back to factory. Figure it's just better to rebuild it all cleanly and be done with it. I'm just happy its an official rom now.

ABC_Universal

Jan 30, 2011
It's really insane to sanction against rooting a phone. I can't image a computer denying me administrator's rights.

tanggle

Sep 21, 2007
How do I unroot from Super OneClick.

You can simply do it manually using Root Explorer. delete followings AS ROOT USER and reboot. that's all!

1. /data/data/com.noshufou.android.su
2. /system/app/superuser.apk
3. /system/bin/su & busybox

Also, it can be done via adb connection.

adb shell
$ su
# mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
# rm -r /data/data/com.noshufou.android.su
# rm /system/app/superuser.apk
# rm /system/bin/su
# rm /system/bin/busybox
# reboot