i9500 Push notification issue (post-root)

Search This thread
Jan 25, 2014
Brisbane
Hello, I've had my i9500 gs4 for a while now and finally took a leap of faith and rooted it (had a bad experience before on a gs2) I rooted it fine used the CF-Auto root tar file and open twrp recovery and everything was okay. I installed titanium backup, and nobloat and deleted some apps i really didn't like as well as some other things i didn't find completely useful like face recognition lock stuff. That went all okay and i didnt notice any hiccups in my phone and I left my phone to charge for a while.

When i came back a friend tried to message me on facebook and I hadn't heard my phone notify me and I hadn't received any notifications from the messages at all for an hour, I took a look through some of the things i had frozen in titanium backup and unfroze google play services and installed push notification fixer which did speed up the notifications of my other apps (textra, regular facebook app, emails) but still didn't give me any notifications from the messenger app, i have attempted an assortment of troubleshooting like uninstalling and reinstalling the app, fiddling around with the application settings and the heartbeat intervals for the PNF app, basically anything short of flashing stock.

I am quite lucky with my experience to get this far and this issue is more of an inconvenience more then anything, and to be honest i believe I've just accidentally deleted something, but i would really appreciate any help and I thank you in advance for your time.

killall

Nov 2, 2010
Alba
Google Pixel 7
You have obviously deleted or frozen something you shouldn't have. I can't believe you froze Google Play Services!

I would download and re-flash your firmware, unless you can replace the apps you deleted?

Reactions: Alexoutrageous
Jan 25, 2014
Brisbane
You have obviously deleted or frozen something you shouldn't have. I can't believe you froze Google Play Services!

I would download and re-flash your firmware, unless you can replace the apps you deleted?

thank you for the reply, i have cleared the cache, and data off the app and reinstalled it from the google play store and that seems to have fixed the problem at least for now, and yeah xD i felt a bit dumb when i found it frozen.

Reactions: killall

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thank you for the reply, i have cleared the cache, and data off the app and reinstalled it from the google play store and that seems to have fixed the problem at least for now, and yeah xD i felt a bit dumb when i found it frozen.