[Q] Soft/Hard Bricked n7000?

Search This thread

avincric

May 25, 2014
Hey Guys im new here. In a REAAALYY messed up situation right now.
PLEASE HELP!!!:crying::crying::crying:
Had Carbon kitkat 4.4.2 rom flashed with Philz touch 6.19.
Phone suddenly crashed while using Whatsapp. It did not switch on,when i tried.
Tried re-flashing original stock 4.1.2 firmware (india version,coz im in India).
Used only PDA file(thats what was suggested in a website).
Flashed with Odin 3 v3.07. Got a "PASS" message.

BUT now came the problem. Phone got stuck at Samsung logo and switched off. Battery was about 70%
So I removed battery and restarted phone but same problem. Then I booted phone to stock recovery.
Did "data wipe/factory reset" and then "reboot now" option. Same result,i.e booted till samsung logo and then switched off.

So I again re-flashed stock 4.1.2 firmware(india version),but this time using Odin 3 v3.04(i know it may not make a difference).
Again got a "PASS" message.
Now, it started booting ,started downloading apps(eg:"downloading apps 32 of 63"...,etc).
After this phone booted to Stock Recovery.
This time i did "Reboot now"
It rebooted back to Stock recovery.
Again i did "reboot system" and then it booted back to stock recovery.
So kinda stuck in stock recovery loop.
If i unplug phone from PC,none of the buttons give a reponse(No download mode,stock recovery)
Is it hard bricked,coz when i plug phone back,i can get to download mode and stock recovery,just that it keeps rebooting to stock recovery again and again.
PLEASE HELP. Found everywhere on the net possible,couldn't find anything!
My dad would kill me if he got to know! :crying::crying::crying:

i know im asking for too much,being a new member,but please reply ASAP. Im freaking out here

Last edited:

avincric

May 25, 2014
Instead of pc, check with the charger connected... Could be a battery issue.

Maybe.But my battery was perfect before all this problem started. Its weird if it would just die off suddenly.
Also, i tried the wall charger,and the cable with another phone and its working properly.
I also tried charging with another charger,
Anyway, i tried charging via wall adapter, but then it automatically boots into Stock Recovery, even if i do not press any buttons.
even If i remove battery,put it on again and then put phone on charge,it automatically boots into stock recovery, without pressing any buttons.
And of course,pressing"reboot now" again boots it back to stock recovery.

Odin flash was successful with "PASS" message, and also i tried to factory reset and then "reboot sys now" but it made no difference.

Last edited:

Jackwu696

Jan 12, 2014
Jakarta City
Maybe.But my battery was perfect before all this problem started. Its weird if it would just die off suddenly.
Also, i tried the wall charger,and the cable with another phone and its working properly.
Anyway, i tried charging via wall adapter, but then it automatically boots into Stock Recovery, even if i do not press any buttons.
even If i remove battery,put it on again and then put phone on charge,it automatically boots into stock recovery, without pressing any buttons.

Odin flash was successful with "PASS" message, and also i tried to factory reset and then "reboot sys now" but it made no difference.

Do u have KIES Disabled during odin? Are you using odin as Administrator? Did u disable firewall and antivirus when flashing with odin? Do u have the necessary files to root it in your sd card?A suggestion only that in your state, try rooting, installing recovery, and flash a custom rom to check if it boots

Note: You don't really have to install india vers. just because you're in india. Try newest ver available.

Reactions: avincric

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012

Try flashing philz ddlsc kernel using odin. Then boot into recovery. This time you will get cwm. Format system, data cache and preload. Then go to advanced menu/power options and choose reboot download. Connect to pc and flash the rom again.

avincric

May 25, 2014
Do u have KIES Disabled during odin? Are you using odin as Administrator? Did u disable firewall and antivirus when flashing with odin? Do u have the necessary files to root it in your sd card?A suggestion only that in your state, try rooting, installing recovery, and flash a custom rom to check if it boots

Note: You don't really have to install india vers. just because you're in india. Try newest ver available.

thanks.let me try it out and i 'll tell you how it goes!

avincric

May 25, 2014
thanks.let me try it out and i 'll tell you how it goes!

The problem's worse now. Cant get phone to recovery mode. Only can boot into download mode.
As soon as i plug in for charge,the empty battery photo keeps popping on and off. Thats it.
I can only enter download mode,and not recovery mode.:crying:

avincric

May 25, 2014

The problem's worse now. Cant get phone to recovery mode. Only can boot into download mode.
As soon as i plug in for charge,the empty battery photo keeps popping on and off. Thats it.
I can only enter download mode,and not recovery mode.:crying:

dnlmihaila

May 21, 2013
Iasi
I don't think so.I searched over the internet a lot.I couldn't find it at all. That's why i created this thread.

i have the solution for this big problem! today i went to a gsm service and tested all the ways to bring back my phone to life. i found only one solution that worked! i changed the battery. the mah part is dead and there is no way to bring it back to life, at least this is what i heard...

Reactions: avincric

avincric

May 25, 2014
i have the solution for this big problem! today i went to a gsm service and tested all the ways to bring back my phone to life. i found only one solution that worked! i changed the battery. the mah part is dead and there is no way to bring it back to life, at least this is what i heard...

I see. so after you changed the battery, did the phone boot up?
and if it did , did it boot up into the last firmware you had tried to flash?(i.e.,ICS,GB or JB)?

dnlmihaila

May 21, 2013
Iasi
I see. so after you changed the battery, did the phone boot up?
and if it did , did it boot up into the last firmware you had tried to flash?(i.e.,ICS,GB or JB)?

ok... so here is the history... i flashed at the gsm service ics 4.0.4 with their gadgets, not through odin... everything went well in the flashing process. after the flash was done, the old symptoms came back. so i tested tthe phone with another battery and the phone starder to work. i did not test my battery on other phone, but i am sure it's dead...

avincric

May 25, 2014
ok... so here is the history... i flashed at the gsm service ics 4.0.4 with their gadgets, not through odin... everything went well in the flashing process. after the flash was done, the old symptoms came back. so i tested tthe phone with another battery and the phone starder to work. i did not test my battery on other phone, but i am sure it's dead...

I see.thanks! let me see if that works for me...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instead of pc, check with the charger connected... Could be a battery issue.

I don't think so.I searched over the internet a lot.I couldn't find it at all. That's why i created this thread.